Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by geo039 View Post
    CD104L ask @klars boyfriend
    PS: he has glowing hairs of gold so that might help too
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Quote Originally Posted by geo039 View Post
    PS: he has glowing hairs of gold so that might help too
    So am I cool enough to ski them if I'm balding?

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    So am I cool enough to ski them if I'm balding?
    oof... you're demoted to K2s my man

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    This is the one ski that could sway me from a CD 104 or 114. I'm gonna post a question or two about it over in the Tech Talk thread - to keep all that stuff over there.
    Let the tangents bleed . . .

I've ridden the SD95 and fondled the 104 and 114. For carving and resort mank, I'd go with the SD95s. Otherwise, I'd go with the 104s or 114s if you want greater surface area.

Receding = Rossi guy ^^^

Mmmm... Instagram says CD104Ls in both 181 and 187 this year. Thinking 187 (6'2" / 175#) but depends on rocker profile.

Likely in for a pair of those. Especially cause they are red.

Really liking the throwdown topsheets this year. Anyone skied these or have a good comparison?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

damn are the specs on the LD90 accurate? ~1200g/ski?? that’d be awesome...

i'd love to get on the list and grab a pair of the sd95's

Has pricing been announced this year? Standard pre-sale pricing (now live on the site) converted to USD? Discount for group buy? Shipping costs?

Anyone with thoughts on if the lack of long radius concept in the CD series makes it less good in funk than the LD series?

.. Anyone with thoughts on if the lack of long radius concept in the CD series makes it less good in funk than the LD series?
    I don't know what to make of the "predictable means long radius" concept. The CD 104s tell me that medium radius is not in itself a disqualifying attribute. They're 25m radius and stable.

What I can say is that when I jumped on the 104s it was instant kismet - no puzzled posts about how to ski them - absolutely intuitive, as if the guys were hacking into my brain - no compromise in agility (very nimble for their stability). Remember however, that I'm the guy who is clueless in figuring out Praxis Protests ;-)

Read my comments in the "Get Down ..." thread from this past April. Know that I have a less broad experience of varied skis than most on this forum, but the CD 104s (not 104 Ls) made me a believer.

Their performance in frozen chicken heads and wind blown heavy crap was mind blowing.

They're predictable in a different way from ON3P however, but predictable/manageable nevertheless. I expand on this in my post from last April.

I'd say that the 104s (at .9 Lbs. Lighter than my GPOs) are nipping at my GPOs in terms of all mountain suitability.

In posting this, I'm leaning further in the direction of 114s (rather than pairing an alpine mounted set of 104s to keep my Vipec mounted 104s company).

I have a sense that when I hop on a pair of 114s that my GPOs will hit gear swap. No rap on the GPOs, but rather a comment on how I stand on and engage a ski and what makes sense to me.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Thanks Thom. 25m is about what I normally ski, so I don't know why I would need the LRC. And I assume the CD sidecut will be more fun on the rare groomer the the LDs.

I'm leaning towards a CD104L, split on sizing. 181 is likely "enough" ski, 187 just on the edge of too long. My current two touring skis are 182 Yetis (feel a touch short) and 186 Lhasas (neigh perfect). I'm leaning longer since the -10 mount point shouldn't leave too much tail for kick turns etc.

Thinking Vipec or Tecton for a pretty perfect travel ski.

Skis are up on the website:

https://www.downskis.com/skis

In years past, if we got 10 orders together, they'd ship them in group to the U.S. for free and give us 10% off (so, with the current exchange rate, the price in euros is about the same in dollars). You can post here or PM me and I'll start getting the list of would-be buyers together. The trickiest part is always getting the skis distributed through the U.S., so when we've had 12 skis, we split them up into two shipments. If there's a will, there's almost always a way.

Quote Originally Posted by dschane View Post
    Skis are up on the website:

https://www.downskis.com/skis

In years past, if we got 10 orders together, they'd ship them in group to the U.S. for free and give us 10% off (so, with the current exchange rate, the price in euros is about the same in dollars). You can post here or PM me and I'll start getting the list of would-be buyers together. The trickiest part is always getting the skis distributed through the U.S., so when we've had 12 skis, we split them up into two shipments. If there's a will, there's almost always a way.
    Thanks. Hopefully this holds.

Front Range/Summit/Eagle/Park mags, lets get a group together so we can save on shipping eh?

Has anyone used the Contour skins that are available with them?

Thanks. Hopefully this holds.

Front Range/Summit/Eagle/Park mags, lets get a group together so we can save on shipping eh?

Has anyone used the Contour skins that are available with them?
    I'm in for group shipping if we can get it.

I'd be happy to help with re-shipping if a batch lands first in Colorado.

I'm actually closing in on my selection!

The pricing can't be right on the website - €429 slashed down to €379, can it?

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    I'd be happy to help with re-shipping if a batch lands first in Colorado.

I'm actually closing in on my selection!

... Thom
    That makes 3 with easy handoffs in CO.

One of the few benefits of this area becoming overpopulated ;-)

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Yeah the price on the throwdowns kind of makes it a no brainer as well. Gotta say goodbye to the nomad RKRs.

LD102 186 shows out of stock on the website. Wonder if this is true.

Wondering if there's any info on the curb weight of the 187cm CD104L. I wasn't able to find it on the Down website.
    I'm going for it, anyway, but just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    Wondering if there's any info on the curb weight of the 187cm CD104L. I wasn't able to find it on the Down website.
    I'm going for it, anyway, but just wondering.
    3400g / pair. https://www.instagram.com/p/BnjQW7gg...en-by=downskis

Damn this is tempting. I need a replacement for Bonafides for low tide days. The SD95 or the CD104 are calling my name.

Maybe a running list for reference? Add name / model / length / location to this if you're serious to get estimate of interest. Years past they needed 10 to make the discount/free shipping viable if I recall correctly. Will wait for geo to weigh in on this years specifics.

TD105, 182 - Homebrewed (CO)
    CD104L, 18X - doebedoe (CO)
    CD104L, 18X - Tele27 (New England)

I just sent a PM to folks who expressed interest in this thread or who sent me a PM. If you didn't get it or connect via PM with me, and you want in, just send me a PM.