What's the best deal for Winter Park lift tickets?

Mom in law wants me to come visit WP this winter. Thinking February.

What is the best deal for WP lift tickets/ passes? Also, is it worth it to try to ski Loveland too to use my 3 powder alliance days?

Anything else worth noting?

^^^ 4 pak for $220?? cant remember, check out the web site under ticketing.

if just a day or 2 find a mag and get a buddy pass. I think $69 day?

What he said. 4-pack is $230 this year. I bet buddy pass price creeps up a bit into the 70ish range.

Loveland is a fun hill, and if you can ski it on a weekday when it's free on your PA pass there will be very few people there unless its a huge pow day. And then there will be less people there than anywhere else. Downside is to ski Luv if you're staying in WP is a bit of a drive over the pass, and up to the tunnel and back.

I think buddy passes mid-season were $79 last year, maybe even $89 on holiday? If you're going to use it, a 4 pack is a better deal. If you live near some of the Ikon resorts or can make other ski plans, may even be worth it to buy the Ikon base pass.

As for Loveland, it's a love hate kind of place for me. You can have a lot of fun there, but it's mostly slow lifts (there will be a new high speed quad at the base), and mostly pretty flat with short steep pitches (except for the terrain served by the quad). Also very windy. But it's skiing, so why not? But overall, while the Loveland folks may argue otherwise, Winter Park is a far superior hill (meaning sure, ski LL, but if you're trying to decide LL vs WP, it's not a close call).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by OregonDead View Post
    <snip> Also, is it worth it to try to ski Loveland too to use my 3 powder alliance days?
    This TOTALLY depends on who you ask.

Ikon base may be your best bet depending on number of days. Or hit me up for buddy passes ($89?) when you’re in town. With a family of four skiers plus sibling and parents, we have like 70 buddy passes a year.

Feb at Loveland isn’t worth it. The really good Ridge terrain and free snowcat won’t be running unless it’s a huge year.

FYI, but buddy passes changed on IKON this year. 10 days (or 8 days on IKON base pass) at 25% off the window rate. By my ( likely shitty) math, they will be about $100/day that time of year. 4 pack is the way, at $229. Beware blackout on Presidents too.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.