Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Louis CK is back

He did a surprise 15 minute standup at the Comedy Cellar in NYC a few nights ago. Go, Louis. And, keep it in your pants from now on.

Oh, you mean, unannounced, he stood up and did something in front of an unsuspecting and uninformed audience?

Yeah, my STBEX told me about this. What fucking BS. Not to mention, Michael Ian Black, someone whom I formerly liked and respected, came to his defense with on twitter some bullshit. He's fucking banned. Club owner is banned. Respect the ban.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

maybe he'll do some hillary jokes and beat off for you

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Oh, you mean, unannounced, he stood up and did something in front of an unsuspecting and uninformed audience?

Yeah, my STBEX told me about this. What fucking BS. Not to mention, Michael Ian Black, someone whom I formerly liked and respected, came to his defense with on twitter some bullshit. He's fucking banned. Club owner is banned. Respect the ban.
    They gave him a standing O before he did his thing. Obviously not a room full of snowflake facists.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    They gave him a standing O before he did his thing. Obviously not a room full of snowflake facists.
    I wasn't there but fascism also relies on group think and people not speaking up, so, I dunno... a standing O? nobody wants to call this fucker out for being a creep who admitted to some creepy shit? More broadly, in the media, he was called out on it, so to say he's "back?" I mean, he'll have people who say "everybody has skeletons and he's funny..." so yeah, free country and all.... Not trying to go full blown SJW; he has a right to try to earn and do his thing, I get it. I'd like to think that I would have at least asked for a refund if there was a cover and bitched about it a little, or maybe done a some boo birding or heckling, who knows though. I forget who said it, but a well known comedian referred to his presence as a 'workplace safety issue,' he's hurt people who were trying to do their job, should there be no consequences? Has the "price" been paid? I dunno man.

I would have given him a standing O. He's brilliant. Watch Horace and Pete.

I would have given him a standing O. He's brilliant. Watch Horace and Pete.
    I'll defend your right to do so. It seems one reason the hollywood sex scandal stuff is kinda hard to handle is because its harder to separate the person from the work compared to most other jobs. But, yeah, its not easy to sit there and argue that he's not funny, not good at his profession. I'm no fan but what I've seen, I've laughed at, I guess and he was popular so it was working. It just doesn't feel like he's done enough to just get right back on the horse, but, I suppose if it works, it works, I don't have to like it but I can accept it. He ain't gettin' none-uh my money, nor workin' near any my employees iffin I had any but that's all I can do. Well, that and call him out for being a creep on this here interweb deal.

Name me a comedian who isn't a creep, down deep.

Nice! Dude is funny.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Will Farrell. CK has always been a creep, right on the surface, I never liked him because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Nice! Dude is funny.
    And miles apart from Weinstein, Polanski, etc.

I'm with Jong Lafitte on this one.

Dude is funny, but that's not the point.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Not a pro but shameless plug: This is my friend Jesse. He admits to having a few too many and IMO he misses the delivery on the creepy joke but it’s there. I’m pretty sure it’s just a joke. He’s also not from Boston he’s from Salem.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UhM...9V1vikw2E/view

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Will Farrell. CK has always been a creep, right on the surface, I never liked him because of that.
    Are we talking about this Will Farrell:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MV5BMTM2OTc4NjU1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjc1MTkxNA@@._V1_.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	362.7 KB 
ID:	245607

or this Will Farell:

Name:  466736202-612x612.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  56.5 KB

Benny, he's dressed like an elf in a childrens movie. You are tiresome, you know the difference between that and whipping your dick out. C'mon.

i don't find will farrell funny either

I'm not a supporter. If I whipped my dick out in front of people who didn't want to see my dick at work, I'd be fired for good. Not suspended for nine months. Combine that with blackballing his own victims, and I don't think he's done enough to be redeemed (which is to say, next to nothing, aside from stay out of the spotlight for a bit).

So Benny’s defense is, “ I’m a meat gazer and was in a room full of fellow meat gazers so it’s all good”
    Somehow not surprised.

So what's the proper punishment for LCK? clearly he did something inappropriate and illegal. But it doesn't appear that he'll be charged with a crime. So in the court of public opinion, are we ever allowed to enjoy his talents again? Or do we have to shun him forever?

I think the answer to that is easy for someone like Weinstein. And it's also a fairly easy answer for some of the guys who've been accused of a relatively minor indiscretion that happened a long time ago.

I'm not sure LCK's actions warrant a lifetime "ban." I haven't decided if I think 9 months is enough though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cravenmorhead View Post
    I'm not a supporter. If I whipped my dick out in front of people who didn't want to see my dick at work, I'd be fired for good. Not suspended for nine months. Combine that with blackballing his own victims, and I don't think he's done enough to be redeemed (which is to say, next to nothing, aside from stay out of the spotlight for a bit).
    The way I read the controversy is that he asked permission, the women gave it and then changed their mind later, still creepy and weird but not really on the same level of most of the #metoo uproar......

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    The way I read the controversy is that he asked permission, the women gave it and then changed their mind later, still creepy and weird but not really on the same level of most of the #metoo uproar......
    Creepy and weird and abuse of power but in no way illegal. Wrong but no laws broken.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I don't think dozens of girls said yes to this, or even knew he was actually serious when he asked when they were just hanging out, or knew they were going to get blackballed from the industry afterwards to keep their mouths shut.

My read is that it's more complicated than later-revoked consent.

As for what is the appropriate "sentence" in the court of public opinion, I think the answer to "what do I have to do" is "we don't know; try really hard to do as much as you can to undo the harm you've done and be a good person, and maybe then we'll decide if it's been enough."

There isn't a minimum sentence that he can clear and then nobody gets to be mad at him again. That's not how it works.

McSweeney's hit it on the nose here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cravenmorhead View Post

There isn't a minimum sentence that he can clear and then nobody gets to be mad at him again. That's not how it works.
    That isn't how any punishment works. But if a guy commits a crime, goes to prison, serves his time, and comes out of it a reasonably repentant, functional human being, I'm not going to continue to be angry at him for a crime that in no way affected me personally. Why should my view of LCK be any different?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk