Thread: FS: 2016 Golf R

FS: 2016 Golf R

Selling my Golf R... Give a shout if interested. The car's good. I thought a buddy was buying it - he's had it for a while and I was going to take some payments while he is digging out from a divorce... turns out that's not going to happen. Need it to go now.

Car comes with:

* 6 speed manual transmission
    * Standard coil-over suspension
    * Navigation via AndoidAuto, Waze, Apple CarPlay (USB)
    * OBDEleven Pro scanner/programmer, with notes for disabling the Soundaktor, managing 4motion and differential lock performance settings, and creating custom convenience features like window and lighting controls
    * DinanSport boost controller
    * Resonator bypass installed (resonator incl.)
    * Brand new Nokian ZLINE A/S 225/40R18 92W tires on the stock Cadiz wheels
    * Winter Wheels - Anzio Turn 17x7.5" aluminum black painted wheels (cast, one piece)
    * Winter Tires - Bridgestone Blizzak LM32 225/35R17 (5/32 - dead)
    * Thule roof rack

It's had oil service performed every 5,000 miles with the Motul 5K maintenance kit. It had the full fluid service completed at 35,000 miles with Motul 300 75w90 for the gearbox and differentials, and VW G060175A2 for the Haldex transfer case.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used...ting=215427261

It has two instances of minor damage. In one case it was backed into in a parking lot (A-Basin, Spring, 2017). To repair that the door was reskinned and the entire side of the car was color-matched. Later (Fall, 2017) the front quarter panel was reskinned and headlamp replaced after an animal ran into it.. I'd gotten the car down to about 2mph before impact.. unfortunately, the deer was still moving. Motherfucker refused to give up the line. Anyway, the color was matched again when that was completed. Both tasks were completed by L&H Autobody in Evergreen.

Here's the carfox...

Attachment 243843

Anybody? Bueller? It's listed at $27,500 which is a fucking insane price for this rig.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016_volkswagen_golf_r_4-door_awd-pic-2938345925591804826-1024x768.jpeg 
Views:	105 
Size:	120.8 KB 
ID:	245323Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016_volkswagen_golf_r_4-door_awd-pic-2950765220466756350-1024x768.jpeg 
Views:	103 
Size:	110.9 KB 
ID:	245324
    Last edited by stfu&gbtw; 08-27-2018 at 12:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Nice whip glws

Nom nom nom.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Forgot to add..

It has the ECS Tuning flush mount spacer set installed since day 1- fits perfectly. Also has the Forge adjustable shift bracket and metal bushings installed. I only set the bracket to take about an inch out of the throw, but the bushings make more difference than anything. It's not a bad shifter to begin with, but this setup is really tight. Anyone who's got a manual transmission car - a bushing upgrade is a lot of bang for $50.
    Hugh Conway sucks
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Love my R. Why selling, what did you buy?
    He who has the most fun wins!

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    Love my R. Why selling, what did you buy?
    A tarted up 8J TT RS... Currently have it pushing about 530chp on 100 octane - just ran neck and neck with my buddy's stage 2 996 Turbo S from 50-150 (he was running pump gas). I thought about keeping both for a while, but I really don't need the R. I've been surprised that the market hasn't responded more quickly, but I guess it's that time of year.

Name:	DSC_0083.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	245328

Name:	DSC_0094.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	843.8 KB 
ID:	245327

If someone in the Denver area has an interest in the Golf, drop me a line. Come by and we can take the car out for a rip. It's fun. I don't know what the numbers are specifically, but I do know that this car is significantly faster than a stock Focus RS... destroys STis. Especially that fancy black one with the red fins and the brappy exhaust that's always driving up and down 58...
    Last edited by stfu&gbtw; 08-27-2018 at 09:33 PM.
    Hugh Conway sucks

Bump for Tuesday... Snow's coming... This is one of the most fun snow cars ever. Fully defeatable ESP... hackable differential and transfer case software... No Scandinavian flick required in the slick stuff... Turn in, mash the throttle, opposite lock, balance until you run out of balls.
    Hugh Conway sucks

I wish I could justify this. Glwts

Bump for Wednesday... Anybody? Seriously? Besides the roof rack, if you fold the back seats down and push the passenger seat forward, you can fit a pair of 200cm Praxis Pows inside the car! This is a great opportunity to learn to drive and learn to ski all at the same time!

TGR special deal! No, you can't have any of my Praxis..es..es.. whatever... But I have a pair of Rossi Super 7's (196cm) with Rossi FKS140 turntable bindings. Skis are matte black - look super sick. Will throw them in the back of the car to prove they fit, and then just sort of forget to take them out before you take delivery. Even if you can't ski them, you'll look awesome!
    Hugh Conway sucks