Page 124 of 175 FirstFirst ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 4354
    Quote Originally Posted by MashedPotatoes View Post
    oops.

I actually checked out oops at the end of the day but just can't seem to ever get really comfortable in that particular zone.
    I was over there Pres week. It was mostly all filled in. Like icy chutes. If we get out on another day, let’s poke around. I’m no 666 over there, but when there is this much snow, there are a bunch of routes through. Some of the upper ricks even have steep landings. The lower ones don’t. Ever.

pounding snow this am. noaa called for minimal accumulation at lake level but its already piling up down there. im thinking we got an overproducer on our hands++++

Anyone holding Northstar discount vouchers?

lol, Northstar...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WeatherStory2.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	323.7 KB 
ID:	272794

I have a ton of 1/2 price vouchers for any Vail resort.

^^ Cool, will PM you. And yeah, Northstar is so full of shit, as previously mentioned a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by tahoearmada View Post
    hope fully some of yall got some turns in rather than just talking about hot wheels!
    But...lets talk about it some more! Its going to be awesome. The expansion is going to dramatically help us get the goods on one of the most under-utilized and infrastructure-confused parts of the mountain.

And who really likes taking the 15 min ride on the current lift, to flat push that we currently have?! Certainly not me

Quote Originally Posted by Wobby View Post
    And who really likes taking the 15 min ride on the current lift, to flat push that we currently have?! Certainly not me
    I rode it a few weeks back on a storm day and right after I loaded they slowed it down to half speed. Oh man... I was freezing my ass off by the time I got to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    ^^ Cool, will PM you. And yeah, Northstar is so full of shit, as previously mentioned a few days ago.
    Especially considering even Squaw is only reporting 5"...

TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    here's another one i found on the book of faces
    Attachment 272754

btw this is a class 3 avalanche in case you were wondering. it says so on the facebook
    Anyone know when that slide was? I saw a crown and slide there last Friday, we couldn’t get any closer to it than Big Blue as sibo etc was closed, but it didn’t look THAT big.

But...lets talk about it some more! Its going to be awesome. The expansion is going to dramatically help us get the goods on one of the most under-utilized and infrastructure-confused parts of the mountain.

How is it gonna dramatically help you get goods you can't now? More to the point, if it eases access cause your too lazy to skate to Sherwood, how many more hackers will do the same? I like it when it's a bit of effort to get over there preserves the goods. Hot Wheels aka weasel is a slow bitch, especially when it's cold, but toughen the fuck up already. It keeps the line to a minimum

I’d be stoked on the new lift. Yes, Arts and surrounding area will get more traffic. But probably mostly the same folks just hitting it more. Hopefully one can load at the mid station.

Kirkwood Pass is up $20 from last year. Epic Pass steady, or maybe even down. Fuck you Vail. They have been working hard to weed out that pass and push everyone to their ruin of the ski world.

Still missing my old no frills non blacked out $240 KW. I know that was not sustainable, but fuck me it is over 180% more now. But we do have new LED signs and clocks that never work. Maybe in another year out lifts will begin having operational issues too.

I'm torn as I also almost froze to death on Hot Wheels on a storm day but I'd prefer that they just replace the Hot Wheels lift to the current terminus. Love Experts and Arts, as they don't get skied out as much as the rest of the mountain specifically because it's a pain in the ass to get there. Putting a lift to the top of this will turn the slope into another Summit Face.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Anyone know when that slide was? I saw a crown and slide there last Friday, we couldn’t get any closer to it than Big Blue as sibo etc was closed, but it didn’t look THAT big.
    Gaffney reported the slide happened (or was discovered on) Friday, March 1 https://www.instagram.com/p/Bug93lvg..._web_copy_link

Hot Wheels (currently) sucks balls. Even my 6 year olds hate it. Yes, it sucks to lose stashes. Then again, glad to see Squaw/Alpine focusing investment in lift upgrades and not Village upgrades.

Next thing you know, they'll actually replace Red Dog with a detachable 6-pack...which they had a permit for and let expire. Internet search sez maybe YES?? http://friendsofsv.org/details-on-pr...-red-dog-lift/

Gimpy, glad you didn't get smoked! Con cuidado. Can't lose our current 18/19 thread MVP!
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    lol, Northstar...

Name:	WeatherStory2.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	323.7 KB 
ID:	272794

I have a ton of 1/2 price vouchers for any Vail resort.
    Lol, that does look suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Kirkwood Pass is up $20 from last year. Epic Pass steady, or maybe even down. Fuck you Vail. They have been working hard to weed out that pass and push everyone to their ruin of the ski world.

Still missing my old no frills non blacked out $240 KW. I know that was not sustainable, but fuck me it is over 180% more now. But we do have new LED signs and clocks that never work. Maybe in another year out lifts will begin having operational issues too.
    Yeah I feel your pain. Doing mainly backcountry this year and not getting a Vail pass reminded me of what skiing Kirkwood used to be like pre-Vail. Honestly I am surprised that they still offer the Kirkwood Pass. At least Vail hasn’t made Kirkwood one of the resorts that you can ski on black out dates a la Crested Butte.

Yeah but lets be real. That stash is pretty much never as good as most of the other stashes that you can just hike to from Summit. And hiking for 20 mins off summit is still practically less time than it takes to currently ride hot wheels only.

Yeah its going to get tracked out quicker, but it already gets tracked out. At least now the effort/track ratio will be more balanced imho. And we'll have actual access to Sherwood like its a real part of Alpine!

OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

Ya for sure the actual hiking is a whole lot better than that micro stash, although I fear opening up sherwood to more easy access isn't the best for pow preservation either. as I said earlier, killing the svam gondy idea is more important to me. Fixed grips keep it real, but I'm not willing to make arts knob the mtn I die on. I'm suspect however that it will run anywhere near much as it does now once it's on the knob. But I agree replacing it in the scheme of lost stashes is relatively small. And meter's 6 yr old needs to toughen the fuck up
    Last edited by mcski; 03-06-2019 at 01:21 PM.

I'll be sliding on skis at Squaw this weekend if anyone is around...

And looks like they announced staying open until July 7th...which isn't surprising to any of us. The SHIRLEY WIGGLE!

Squaw will be open almost 3 months longer than Kirkwood. Lol...
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Squaw will be open almost 3 months longer than Kirkwood. Lol...
    Yeah but Vail is sending me lodging deals for their “extended” opening... Pretty obvious to me they are trying to recoup the number of people staying on the hill from the heavy February snowfall after telling Wall Street that poor early season lodging was partially responsible for their bad numbers.

better then expected at heave. only time ill go into mott is when sky and dipper are closed like todays country club but all the lines i hit had a healthy amount of debris and a hard deck so only b/c grade based on current rediculously high standards. much better lower angle in the slack. skied lighter then youd think and mank line sitting bout 8k

Only day off this week so was on the fence about skiing. But based on how well The Star skied around 2pm yesterday during a quick snowfall, I decided to rally.
    Hit the local hill rather than taking the time to drive anywhere.
    $35 ticket.
    There were only groms and a coupla instructors on the hill and one guy in front of me on the lift skiing the frontside (saw 3 parents of aforementioned groms dip off to the backside, but then never saw them again).
    Skied from 9:15 - 11.
    Snow was silky smoove cream from 9:15 until 10.
    It started to set up and get a bit thick apres 10.
    Quit at 11 when the viz deteriorated and the wind picked up (I forgot my low-light goggles at work!, plus they shut the lift for about 10-minutes while I was on it; not to mention I went through 2 pairs of gloves and my ass was froze...upside to the local hill is nobody there, downside is the lifties don't know how to clear the snow off chairs for the customers!).
    Got 9 runs in without a single other person on the run. Figure-8ed myself most of the time, laid down squiggly lines the rest of the time.
    Not bad for an AM session.
    Oh yeah, turned my ticket in before noon and got an $8 voucher, so my next lift ticket will only be $27.
    Gotta love the small, local, OG hills.
    Boo.
    Yaa.

Name:	image4.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	724.3 KB 
ID:	272806
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Sleeper, locals day.

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Only day off this week so was on the fence about skiing. But based on how well The Star skied around 2pm yesterday during a quick snowfall, I decided to rally.
    Hit the local hill rather than taking the time to drive anywhere.
    $35 ticket.
    There were only groms and a coupla instructors on the hill and one guy in front of me on the lift skiing the frontside (saw 3 parents of aforementioned groms dip off to the backside, but then never saw them again).
    Skied from 9:15 - 11.
    Snow was silky smoove cream from 9:15 until 10.
    It started to set up and get a bit thick apres 10.
    Quit at 11 when the viz deteriorated and the wind picked up (I forgot my low-light goggles at work!, plus they shut the lift for about 10-minutes while I was on it; not to mention I went through 2 pairs of gloves and my ass was froze...upside to the local hill is nobody there, downside is the lifties don't know how to clear the snow off chairs for the customers!).
    Got 9 runs in without a single other person on the run. Figure-8ed myself most of the time, laid down squiggly lines the rest of the time.
    Not bad for an AM session.
    Oh yeah, turned my ticket in before noon and got an $8 voucher, so my next lift ticket will only be $27.
    Gotta love the small, local, OG hills.
    Boo.
    Yaa.

Name:	image4.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	724.3 KB 
ID:	272806
    I had a similar experience a few years ago at one of the local ski hills. It was me and one other person storm skiing. Kind of cool to see the wind slab grow with every run and but I quit early because of it was windy, cold and the wind slab was deteriorating the snow quality.