Page 67 of 175 FirstFirst ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 4354
    Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    The Tahoe Funk is here...and I’m not talking about snow. Wash your hands!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yeah. My kid and his team have had it since November. I got it around new Years. It’s basically a shitty head cold for a week and then you have a mucus/sinus/lung butter thing for....so far...weeks. Wash your hands AND GET SOME SLEEP. Inadequate sleep is the best way to get sick, along with eating too much carb. And if you have it, get some osha root.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Bombing at Sugar Bowl this morning. Maybe Palisades? Or maybe just Summit Lift opening, but I thought Summit had been open for hiking already. On website Summit open, Palisades closed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190125_124339.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	595.7 KB 
ID:	266516

Good snow; just gotta poke around. And avoid the shine. gimpy skiing

One of the things I sincerely love about Squaw is people laying sunrise tracks down tram face and while it’s never confirmed pretty much everyone knows who did it. It was looking prime and the pack was settled so this week was an obvious choice to go for it.

Name:	IMG_9485.JPG 
Views:	178 
Size:	673.6 KB 
ID:	266605
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 01-27-2019 at 09:23 AM.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Pretty good snow off Silver Peak today, and it was nice and quiet. Stuff is definitely starting to get a bit warm though - there was a big difference in snow quality by the time we were back at the truck.

Name:	919F39F4-A2B4-4519-AD8F-9F28A43F2346.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	712.5 KB 
ID:	266607

Name:	5F67C9E3-2FA7-4B96-9B11-A365544EC181.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	861.0 KB 
ID:	266608

Drove to Squaw and caught the fireworks. Wow.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Touring partner needed tomorrow in SLT or CP. Stevens Tallac or Porcupine Ridge. Pm me.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    One of the things I sincerely love about Squaw is people laying sunrise tracks down tram face and while it’s never confirmed pretty much everyone knows who did it. It was looking prime and the pack was settled so today was an obvious choice to go for it.

Name:	IMG_9485.JPG 
Views:	178 
Size:	673.6 KB 
ID:	266605
    Face proper hasn't been skied since Tuesday night I don't think. I'd imagine you'd find some unpleasant firmness lurking in some crux places at the moment.

OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

Yeah, I meant to say this week / post storm not “today”. Saw the tracks Thursday morning and figured they were from Wed night.

Crazy how much snow was up there in 10 / 11.

Skied with Forest one of the bronco chutes off relay peak this morning.
    Untracked snow, perfect.
    Then hiked the ridge South of the meadow and skied the first chute that you come to, North facing. Untracked again, wind affected but skied well.

The east side of relay peak, skied really well around 1, especially the shiny snow that looked like all ice.

The photo is looking back at what we skied from the relay ridge.

Go get it, it's really good.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Anyone skied/traveled over any south facing terrain lately? Wondering how consolidated it is or if it’s just the 3-4 inches of glop they mentioned on the SAC report. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Gillis View Post
    Anyone skied/traveled over any south facing terrain lately? Wondering how consolidated it is or if it’s just the 3-4 inches of glop they mentioned on the SAC report. Thanks in advance.
    Not glop. Just transitioning hot pow on rose knob.

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Not glop. Just transitioning hot pow on rose knob.
    Awesome, good to know. Also saw the report on SAC from Judah today. Thinking about a quick jaunt up castle tomorrow before work.

Spring on south
    winter on north

Name:	IMG_2998.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	266811Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3465.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	266812Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3880.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	266813Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3972.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	266814

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by B.Gillis View Post
    Awesome, good to know. Also saw the report on SAC from Judah today. Thinking about a quick jaunt up castle tomorrow before work.
    Friend did Castle yesterday and said it was fun spring skiing conditions up there.

Skied Diamond Peak with the family on Saturday. Snow was in great shape. Morning wintery groomers off Crystal were fast and grippy. North facing trees held fantastic wind recycled pow with no crust at mid day. Even found lightly tracked “pow” right off the front side. Great intermediate/advanced mountain with great pitch all around. I even found a few boulders to jump off of and gullies to carve. Oh, and the view is not too bad either. And I think my son enjoyed ticking off their lists of toughest runs on the mountain.

Thanks to AKBruin for beta. We were going to tour a little on Sunday, but putting in his biggest day of the season Saturday petered my little guy out.

A few notes for any DP visits. Don’t ski GS/O.God to the bottom unless it is before 10 or after 3. The lift line at Schoolyard is brutal. I ducked walked up and had three runs on Lakeview before my wife and kid got up the 40’ climb on the lift.

Avoid race days if you want to ride Lakeview. If it is a race day, just get over to Crystal before 10, and don’t go back.

Not sure why on a Saturday the resort was not running Red Fox and Ridge. Especially RF would had been helpful on Saturday. Lakeview corral was more than full due to racers.

Oh, and if you take a lift with teeter racer girls be ready for a lot of cackling, selfies and instagram babble.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Spring on south
    winter on north
    Skied at Alpine & Squaw over the weekend with my boys and this was my observation as well. We had a great time and my younger boy (10y.o.) did his first black diamond run (Wolverine at Alpine)

The suck began as we left on Sunday, though. Two hours from Squaw parking lot to Donner Summit. Interestingly though, it didn't stress me out in the least. Must have been all the great skiing that kept our moods up. We also listened to some George Carlin stand up in the car, so that helped. Gave my boys a bit of an education.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamburello Rouge View Post
    Skied at Alpine & Squaw over the weekend with my boys and this was my observation as well. We had a great time and my younger boy (10y.o.) did his first black diamond run (Wolverine at Alpine)

The suck began as we left on Sunday, though. Two hours from Squaw parking lot to Donner Summit. Interestingly though, it didn't stress me out in the least. Must have been all the great skiing that kept our moods up. We also listened to some George Carlin stand up in the car, so that helped. Gave my boys a bit of an education.
    I was in that too and couldn't figure out why... Looked like a crash or just slow traffic over 50 was sending people from south lake up north? Turning out of Alpine there was a long line of people trying to head north. Great day of skiing definitely balanced it out!

Only skied yesterday at Squaw but what a token winter day eh? Only had an hour in the morning and in the afternoon to ski without the Mrs. I found northern facing wintery fluff all over KT in the morning and again in the afternoon. Olympic lady zone skied well, but I found really good snow in Big Balls and on the side of skier's left Alternates...seems like most people like to slide down the gut of each one but the skier's left sides all had some untracked nooks and crannies. Skied the face above the Fingers down into Banana in the afternoon and its starting to firm up a tiny bit. That kind a snow that may look soft and may not be...above the Finger ain't the best place to fall. Banana was fast and even trying to ski it as slow as possible, I still came out hot enough to almost lose it. Definitely some full firm areas on exposed Headwall/KT areas but the usual spots. Groomers on Granite were $$$ and packed powder bliss. Skipped Silverado to get more laps on KT...my ski days are guaranteed and little league coaching duties will start by the end of February so maximization is key. 5 hour drive home wasn't fun but the day was so nice, it didn't matter too much and the kids were fine in the backseat using my mobile hotspot.

Traffic sure seems to have gotten worse this season, even on clear days. We drove S on 267 to have dinner with friends and traffic was solid stop and go from 80 most of the way to North Lake Tahoe. Part of the problem--double lights at the freeway, then again by the airport, and then Northstar. But mainly, more people. Isn't skiing supposed to be a dying sport?
    Nice skiing at AM today. Flat light definitely makes you pay attention.

OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

Don’t worry, the recession is coming. Part of the reason 09 - 11 was so awesome... shit load of snow and people couldn’t afford to go to Tahoe every weekend so it wasn’t crowded. That was when I started skiing again (after a 10 year hiatus) and I didn’t realize at first that it wasn’t normal. What a tease.

As to traffic, I wonder how much the IKON pass made it worse. Either way, Tahoe does not have the infrastructure to support a booming Bay Area economy.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Don’t worry, the recession is coming.
    June 20, 2020 according to the lead economist for Moody's Analytics

Quote Originally Posted by splitter View Post
    June 20, 2020 according to the lead economist for Moody's Analytics
    Maybe he can also predict how many feet of snow we will get in 2020