Page 164 of 175 FirstFirst ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... LastLast
Results 4,076 to 4,100 of 4354
    I saw some prelim corn forming this afternoon but I think the weather will be bad for a harvest tomorrow

Conditions at AM were quite interesting today.
    I slept in, thought about staying in bed, and eventually rallyed at about 10:30. Got to AM a wee bit after 11 and people in the parking lot were "You made the right call, it's just starting to soften up."
    I was on snow by 11:39 and my first run was Thomas' English Muffins crossed with soggy KFC extra crispy (lots of nooks/crannies and crazy lumpy, jagged textures left over from the previous day's fresh snow desecration). Pretty much everything off-piste was chunky.

Banged out 5 runs mixing up groomers with bits of off-piste and by 12:30 things down low were getting sludgy and sticky, so I called it.

Expecting another freeze tonight, but also the weather reports are calling for snow tonight and tomorrow, so who knows what Sunday will bring.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Feels like winter down here. In the garage tuning and prepping skis. Decent rainfall cut the yard work short around noon. Gonna fall behind on my spring outdoor projects if this weather keeps up.

Had a very old pair of 175 VCTs returned to me. These were my rock ski about a decade ago, the. A friend put a pair of Naxos on them. He toured a single lap at KW with me one June. He now has much better skis to mount those Naxos on, so he was gonna toss them a few years back. I grabbed them and put them at the bottom of a pile. With three mounts and beat to shit, figured they were done.

Realized I have a 10 din binding I can throw into a set of holes. Cleaned them up today, plugged holes and redrilled other. Waiting for things to set and wil mount them up tonight. Been wanting a lazy chill skin to cruise around with my son. Will definitely take these out for a day. Might even be posting in the old guys park thread. I recall landing, taking off switch on these and sticking 3s. Only wish those holes were for pivots. I rarely land perfect.

Hope this weather clears out by next Saturday. Want spring firm, corn, slush, mush, not TEM w/ xc FFC.

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Conditions at AM were quite interesting today.
    I slept in, thought about staying in bed, and eventually rallyed at about 10:30. Got to AM a wee bit after 11 and people in the parking lot were "You made the right call, it's just starting to soften up."
    I was on snow by 11:39 and my first run was Thomas' English Muffins crossed with soggy KFC extra crispy (lots of nooks/crannies and crazy lumpy, jagged textures left over from the previous day's fresh snow desecration). Pretty much everything off-piste was chunky.

Banged out 5 runs mixing up groomers with bits of off-piste and by 12:30 things down low were getting sludgy and sticky, so I called it.
    I was on the same plan. Loaded Summit for my 1st run right about 11. Groomers were good, off piste stuff was a bit challenging, where more traffic had been through, it ski'd better. I did 10 before I bagged it, only really awful run I took was 3rd Sister, deep & sludgy! Thought Palisades & Pete's ski'd OK, Waterfall was better after 1 than before Noon. What was needed was a group to side slide down and compact the sludgy, mank bowling balls to flatten things out, then we coulda lapped it, woulda ski'd nice.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

3/4” rain since noonish down here. Still coming down moderately. We’re at 2.3” in my neighborhood over the past four days.

Thoughts on tomorrow? Manky or cold enough for a Friday redux? Contemplating the drive...

33 at the base

27 at high camp

https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/rev/remotedata/sqwhic.php

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

++++Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3791.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	283075

can't believe that still goes to the road. and now I'm editing to see it does not quite.

1.74" since noon on my street. Mayuary for sure.

Make that 1.97". I know this one is more coastal, but that is a hell of a lot of water.
    Last edited by Ottime; 05-19-2019 at 12:24 AM.

Squaw skiing way better than I expected today. Git some!

Was surprised by their 5" total. Sure, this thing was way more coastal, but wheat 2.96" of rain in Santa Cruz since noon yesterday. Still super impressed with our totals and have been cross references gauges. Looks like I won't need to water the garden for at least a week, even if the next round totally misses us. Cisterns are completely full again. I imagine the right spots are just caked. Hope this weather forecast holds with a slow warm up over the next few days. Would suck to see this stuff all wet slide and take forever to heal.

Straight up butterscotch cloud pow at Squaw from 11:40 - 12:40: thick 'n creamy.

Currently snowing at my abode (6500) in Truckee, but also the sun is shining and the previous night's accumulation of snow is melting off the roof and trees at the same time.

Great closing day at Alpine today, full on face shots in Three Sisters and Keyhole. Then skinned up Sugar Bowl on the drive home to the Bay and found more good pow with a bit of a crust in a few spots, but still dumping while I skied down

*dropping in to my first turn*

‘Hmmm looks like a good day at the wood’

Name:  ABEF6073-A0E7-4724-A860-8B758BCA2067.jpeg
Views: 968
Size:  92.5 KB
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Great pic

All smooved out +++
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3884.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	906.5 KB 
ID:	283152Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3930.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	882.0 KB 
ID:	283153

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeze View Post
    Great closing day at Alpine today, full on face shots in Three Sisters and Keyhole. Then skinned up Sugar Bowl on the drive home to the Bay and found more good pow with a bit of a crust in a few spots, but still dumping while I skied down.
    Funnily enough, I skipped hitting AM today because yesterday "The Saddle", "Keyhole" and all the other "hike-to" lines were closed. Figured they'd be closed today, too. Oh well. Glad you got to hit some of that stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    *dropping in to my first turn*

‘Hmmm looks like a good day at the wood’

Name:  ABEF6073-A0E7-4724-A860-8B758BCA2067.jpeg
Views: 968
Size:  92.5 KB
    Yo, Fro, great pic, although I have been anxiously waiting all season for you to post pix of you shredding your home mountain, er hill...! Where's the Granli stoke been?
    Last edited by dookey67; 05-19-2019 at 09:29 PM.

Good day at Squaw

Name:	IMG_6306.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	220.2 KB 
ID:	283154

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeze View Post
    Then skinned up Sugar Bowl on the drive home to the Bay and found more good pow with a bit of a crust in a few spots, but still dumping while I skied down
    Definitely some fun pow at Sugar Bowl today. Skied from 10 until 1:30. No complaints for mid-May

Great day at Squaw!

Name:	IMG_3151.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	222.8 KB 
ID:	283158
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

And it looks like Squaw extended its KT run. Still spinning this morning. Liking Alterra more and more. Let the snow dictate, not some suit in some office looking at some spread sheet.

Squaw was pretty damn fun yesterday. My son and I ended up lapping Red Dog Ridge and skiing the smooth hot pow near Far East for most of the day.

OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Squaw was pretty damn fun yesterday. My son and I ended up lapping Red Dog Ridge and skiing the smooth hot pow near Far East for most of the day.
    I put in a lot of tracks there yesterday, probably rode the same chair at some point. It's a bit of a traverse but worth it for sure yesterday.

Snow was still fairly cold upper mtn, but a big cloud made vis less than ideal. Lower mtn was super chunk and death cookies

Did the bumps under KT and Oly fill in, or was that still deep trough city? If it buffed out a little, and KT spins, I might spend a day at Squaw next weekend.