Page 134 of 175 FirstFirst ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 4354
    The last pull of the day
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190317_143627.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	274822

Last edited by BGnight; 03-18-2019 at 11:21 PM. Reason: blowing up my own spot

That zone in the top pic looks fucking incredible.

Rod, did you boot straight up the chute you came down? How long did it take?

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Rod, did you boot straight up the chute you came down? How long did it take?
    No, i skinned up the sw Jake's gully

Going soon, took 2 hours

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    It was painful skinning past this zone. The snow still looked perfect.
    Attachment 274821
    I did a big loop earlier this week that included 3 laps in that zone, which I'd been eyeing for a while. It was better than my topo-peeping had suggested. It's a way's out there, but worth it if one has the energy. I returned to Rose Meadows via a few more laps over by Houghton. It was 21.3 miles and 12,700'. The snow ranged from crap to amazing on the various aspects I hit...
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Lol, both times we skied "the Great Northwest Passage" this year (somehow both were in incredible pow on all descents?!) the Amtrak passenger train passed us by. Based on the looks from through the window one time as we waved, I think the passengers were confused by our antics. Some incredible terrain for sure; now you know where one of those pics I posted a little while back came from We called BG's wishful run the "Two Tree Spine".

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    I did a big loop earlier this week that included 3 laps in that zone, which I'd been eyeing for a while. It was better than my topo-peeping had suggested. It's a way's out there, but worth it if one has the energy. I returned to Rose Meadows via a few more laps over by Houghton. It was 21.3 miles and 12,700'. The snow ranged from crap to amazing on the various aspects I hit...
    I bet that was your old track we saw was yours? We saw another/same track at the top of that big face (looked about a week old)...12,700 feet? Jesus effing Christ. I'll guess you're over 6' tall lol.

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by 2_1_3 View Post
    Lol, both times we skied "the Great Northwest Passage" this year (somehow both were in incredible pow on all descents?!) the Amtrak passenger train passed us by. Based on the looks from through the window one time as we waved, I think the passengers were confused by our antics. Some incredible terrain for sure; now you know where one of those pics I posted a little while back came from We called BG's wishful run the "Two Tree Spine".
    That's a great name for that tour. I was wondering where that shot was from? There were some faint tracks that might have been yours. My buddy says the locals call that run " Larrys".

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    I bet that was your old track we saw was yours? We saw another/same track at the top of that big face (looked about a week old)...12,700 feet? Jesus effing Christ. I'll guess you're over 6' tall lol.

Haha... No, I'm 5'9", but I kind of live for the uphill. I went back over Houghton yesterday and my tracks from Tues were all raised from the wind so the ones farther back were prob visible. It's cool that others are going out there. Normally I'd worry that too many would mess it up, but not many are willing to sign up for the mandatory distance and vert to ski those zones.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Most people start just down the road from Twin Bridges on Hwy 50
    Yeah exactly. Seems like if there’s not snow to the road it’s easier to park at the rocky canyon trailhead and take the summer trail to snowline, but right now twin bridges makes more sense. There’s nothing incredibly epic or aesthetic but the way it’s set up right now you could maximize the corn vs effort ratio pretty well until it melts out.

Anybody that was out at SV this past Saturday happen to see large family of skiers in matching day glow outfits?

Name:	IMG_2034.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	226.5 KB 
ID:	274879
    They're the Johnson's aka "The Big Ski Family" and this is some strange shit.

Name:	IMG_2032.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	117.1 KB 
ID:	274884
    They ski in a large group, do some synchronized skiing, and occasionally stop on the side of the run and sing. I watched one of their videos until it just seemed to weird for me. Their stated mission is to introduce one million families to the joys of skiing together, which seems admirable enough. They look happy in kind of a detached from reality, cultish sort of way.
    Here's their web page..http://www.thebigskifamily.com/
    Their meet the family section looks like a recruiting poster for some type of blonde master race. They'll be down in Mammoth this weekend, and you can sign up to ski with them. That would be interesting.

Thread is sooooooo sweet right now. What a season!

Couple from this weekend.

We were not the first.

Tagged the Buttress in some fine spring mush.

Me and a bunch of lady rippers - woot!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by meter-man; 03-19-2019 at 02:41 AM.
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post
    Anybody that was out at SV this past Saturday happen to see large family of skiers in matching day glow outfits?

Name:	uhhh.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	2.31 MB 
ID:	274917

KT22 4:00pm on a Friday

The Johnson Family was recently discussed indepth over in the IKON thread on this forum. They certainly get around... and jump off a lot of stuff... and almost never stomp the landings. Mormons can be weird sometimes.

Someone should sign up to ski with them, stomp the landings and post a TR.

Tahoe thread delivers these past few weeks. Tanks all for allowing me to ski vicariously through y’all. Hope to get an early morning hike on Saturday and hit a little tree run I have not seen in a few years. Then family ski at the wood.

Meter, excellent! Where are those first two pics? I can't orientate w your other alpine offering

They ski in a large group, do some synchronized skiing, and occasionally stop on the side of the run and sing. I watched one of their videos until it just seemed to weird for me. Their stated mission is to introduce one million families to the joys of skiing together, which seems admirable enough. They look happy in kind of a detached from reality, cultish sort of way.
    Their meet the family section looks like a recruiting poster for some type of blonde master race. They'll be down in Mammoth this weekend, and you can sign up to ski with them. That would be interesting.
    Looks like a cult to me.
    Bring back Team Tie Dye!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Looks like a cult to me.
    Bring back Team Tie Dye!!!!
    I talked to a couple of them a few years back.
    Annoyingly cheerful.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

I kind of forgot about those guys. Yes, always cheerful. Did they get banned from BBQing at granite?

I rode Headwall with them...

...nothing else to add

Did you treat them to your EDM at high volume?

Ski stoke from Squaw Valley USA Int'l...

I'll take Mormons for $500 Trebek
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Ski stoke from Squaw Valley USA Int'l...

Nice! Haven’t heard that track in a long while.