Page 14 of 175 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Results 326 to 350 of 4364
  1. #326
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Loveland, Chair 9.
    Posts
    3,594
    Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    Sounds like the Heave will make their projected opening date (Fri) offering up Cal Trail to Tamarack Return.

    Pretty amazing considering the fall we have had so far. Snow makers are the real heroes in Tahoe.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    still looking pretty bad imo.

    went Tahoe 1st weekend of December vs breck this year, I knew i was taking a risk. oh well, hopefully "Arty" is still playing harrah's; definitely hilarious watching the overserved casino goers.
    Eat em up Houston Cougars !

  2. #327
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyasian View Post
    He's only skied two seasons but he already knows that BC is the only worthwhile skiing around.

    Shane, Cody, JT and co probably should've headed across the border!
    Touchie. Touchie. Y'all act like I kicked your dog. Didn't know I was prodding the wrath of Tahoe fanboi's. I'm just giving an outside perspective of someone who doesn't live in Tahoe. I've lived there 2 different instances before for work. I'm sure it used to be a great spot with more affordable housing and better snow years. Y'all were even arguing about the STR issue, blah, blah, and how it's screwed the market, yadda, yadda.

    But its nothing personal. I'm just saying that if I didn't have ties in Tahoe, and with the EPIC and IKON in hand, that Tahoe would not be at the top of my list mostly due to resort mismanagement, crowds, and traffic. It's a new era of skiing with the new passes. Tahoe is not the famed place it used to be like in the Shane, Cody, JT eras.

    By the way, pretty sure all three of them headed across the border in search of powder... repeatedly.

    I'm hoping for snow too. But hoping does not change the weather or reverse climate change.

    Cheers.

  3. #328
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,225

    OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

    It sounds like you and your mentor might wanna take an avi class. The 24-hour rule is pretty poor for decision making

    Mammoth and squaw are the best resorts in CA for the skillz of steep skiing.

  4. #329
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    squaw
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Mexican Skier from Da South View Post
    Touchie. Touchie. Y'all act like I kicked your dog. Didn't know I was prodding the wrath of Tahoe fanboi's. I'm just giving an outside perspective of someone who doesn't live in Tahoe. I've lived there 2 different instances before for work. I'm sure it used to be a great spot with more affordable housing and better snow years. Y'all were even arguing about the STR issue, blah, blah, and how it's screwed the market, yadda, yadda.

    But its nothing personal. I'm just saying that if I didn't have ties in Tahoe, and with the EPIC and IKON in hand, that Tahoe would not be at the top of my list mostly due to resort mismanagement, crowds, and traffic. It's a new era of skiing with the new passes. Tahoe is not the famed place it used to be like in the Shane, Cody, JT eras.

    By the way, pretty sure all three of them headed across the border in search of powder... repeatedly.

    I'm hoping for snow too. But hoping does not change the weather or reverse climate change.

    Cheers.
    I know you're just a dumb troll and I should know better, but as others have pointed out, if you're having a bad time in California (and in Tahoe, of all places), then you are doing it wrong. Snow, or no snow, there is no shortage of things to do here. Like Whistler, this place is a freaking paradise. I'm glad you scored a good winter up there, but BC has shit snow years just like everyone else. If you'd spent two unemployed months here the season before (when the likes of JT and Cody, who still live here btw, were blowing up social media with epic Tahoe lines), you'd be measuring all future ski seasons against that.

    If you liked it better in Whistler, then go back there. But complaining about being stuck in fucking Lake Tahoe epitomizes the shitty first-world entitled attitude that is actually ruining skiing.

    But what do I know

  5. #330
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    486
    So when do we start this new OFFICIAL OFFICIAL Tahoe thread? When the first skiable snow falls naturally from the sky? When more ski areas open? When jongs who don't live here stop telling us how much Tahoe sucks?

    We can't fuck this new OFFICIAL OFFICIAL thread up...this current OFFICIAL thread/weather pattern is proof of that.

  6. #331
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Da Norf Lake
    Posts
    1,415

    OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post

    Anyways, all aboard the hype train?

    https://mammothweather.com/
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

  7. #332
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    LV-426
    Posts
    15,689
    Quote Originally Posted by Robojerry View Post
    as others have pointed out, if you're having a bad time in California (and in Tahoe, of all places), then you are doing it wrong. Snow, or no snow, there is no shortage of things to do here.
    Wait until the "surfing Tahoe in drysuits" photos get posted -- that should really set him off...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

  8. #333
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    11,051
    Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    So when do we start this new OFFICIAL OFFICIAL Tahoe thread? When the first skiable snow falls naturally from the sky? When more ski areas open? When jongs who don't live here stop telling us how much Tahoe sucks?

    We can't fuck this new OFFICIAL OFFICIAL thread up...this current OFFICIAL thread/weather pattern is proof of that.
    Either the first skiable snow or when someone in this thread bites off the head of a pigeon...

  9. #334
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    707
    This thread always gets testy when the snow doesnít fall. And Tahoe does not suck but you canít compare it to Canada when it comes for reliable snowfall, especially inner BC. The boom in economy of the Bay Area has not helped crowds and traffic either.

    Let it snow!!!

  10. #335
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    163

    OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by Best Mexican Skier from Da South View Post
    Touchie. Touchie. Y'all act like I kicked your dog. Didn't know I was prodding the wrath of Tahoe fanboi's. I'm just giving an outside perspective of someone who doesn't live in Tahoe. I've lived there 2 different instances before for work. I'm sure it used to be a great spot with more affordable housing and better snow years. Y'all were even arguing about the STR issue, blah, blah, and how it's screwed the market, yadda, yadda.

    But its nothing personal. I'm just saying that if I didn't have ties in Tahoe, and with the EPIC and IKON in hand, that Tahoe would not be at the top of my list mostly due to resort mismanagement, crowds, and traffic. It's a new era of skiing with the new passes. Tahoe is not the famed place it used to be like in the Shane, Cody, JT eras.

    By the way, pretty sure all three of them headed across the border in search of powder... repeatedly.

    I'm hoping for snow too. But hoping does not change the weather or reverse climate change.

    Cheers.
    This is especially funny because I now live in BC and spent last year unemployed skiing inbounds at Whis, along the Sea to Sky, and in the Duffey.

    BC is awesome. I also can't wait to come down and hit a big Sierra storm this season.

  11. #336
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Da Norf Lake
    Posts
    1,415
    Models have no frickin clue whatís going on thanksgiving weekend but they keep thinking itís wet.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

  12. #337
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    10,754
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyasian View Post
    This is especially funny because I now live in BC and spent last year unemployed skiing inbounds at Whis, along the Sea to Sky, and in the Duffey.

    BC is awesome. I also can't wait to come down and hit a big Sierra storm this season.
    unemployed being the key word here. The best places to ski are the worst places to work, by definition.
    now if I had a private jet I would just fly to wherever the snow was all winter and stay at my rich friends' "chalets" with a private cook. (Actually, I do know a Hollywood director with a jet and a house at Telluride where he hires a private cook, but I don't know him well enough unfortunately.)

  13. #338
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    12,244
    Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Models have no frickin clue what’s going on thanksgiving weekend but they keep thinking it’s wet.
    ooooh i do love me some wet models...

    Quote Originally Posted by hercule33 View Post
    This thread always gets testy when the snow doesn’t fall. And Tahoe does not suck but you can’t compare it to Canada when it comes for reliable snowfall, especially inner BC.
    True. Definitely can't compare Tahoe to the skiing of an entire country. Maybe a continent though. Tahoe is way better than Europe!
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

  14. #339
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    (Actually, I do know a Hollywood director with a jet and a house at Telluride where he hires a private cook, but I don't know him well enough unfortunately.)
    Kasdan? His movie about Telluride is pretty hilarious. Definitely not the Telluride experience of me and and anyone I know.

  15. #340
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Truckee, CA
    Posts
    5,647
    Beer and Snow stoke in Reno tonight:

    https://m.facebook.com/events/212458892786984
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

    http://www.blizzardsportusa.com/

  16. #341
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    In rain shadow of the Sierra CC,NV
    Posts
    3,084
    ^^^^ Maybe 'cos not on fb, but cannot see Venue.

    Sent from my SM-G930P using TGR Forums mobile app

    ...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

  17. #342
    Vets's Avatar
    Vets is online now Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Topaz, NV
    Posts
    3,609
    Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Models have no frickin clue what’s going on thanksgiving weekend but they keep thinking it’s wet.

  18. #343
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    10,754
    Quote Originally Posted by jorion View Post
    Kasdan? His movie about Telluride is pretty hilarious. Definitely not the Telluride experience of me and and anyone I know.
    Yeah. He's married to my cousin's sister in law.

  19. #344
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    SF & the Ho
    Posts
    5,549

    OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Yeah. He's married to my cousin's sister in law.
    He was one of my faves in the 80s/early 90s but then just seemed to lose the touch with Grand Canyon and everything after

  20. #345
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cruzing
    Posts
    9,082
    Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    Jobs?

    Also, I remember a few seasons not too long ago where the majority of the skiing in the basin was on man made. Resorts to have hedge their bets. Plus, when it actually does snow, it'd be nice to have a base for that all to land on.

    Anyways, all aboard the hype train?

    https://mammothweather.com/
    The same jobs that could be there in April operating on actual snow.

    Sure. Blow snow on a few trails at the Heave. And in a poor season, all over N* and the Heave. Use it to fill in holes. Or so you can run chair 11 and have at least one run groomed at KW.

    But all the effort for every resort to make a strip of snow by Thanksgiving, and some making it happen in October, against the wishes of Mother Nature is just insane. Especially in a sport that will be effected by climate change.

    Vail owns three resorts. In a year like this, a few runs at Heave for thanksgiving should be fine. Pack em in. Blowing out at KW is just wasting money. Save that for keeping a few lifts going in spring.

    Jobs spread out.

    Donít get me wrong. Iíll ski a WROD if Iím around. I around next week. Iíll get out. But hoping for something more. If things pan out, that WROD at KW would have been better placed as a pile to fill in a few gaps. Or if we get real lucky, build a feature.

  21. #346
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cruzing
    Posts
    9,082
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    unemployed being the key word here. The best places to ski are the worst places to work, by definition.
    now if I had a private jet I would just fly to wherever the snow was all winter and stay at my rich friends' "chalets" with a private cook. (Actually, I do know a Hollywood director with a jet and a house at Telluride where he hires a private cook, but I don't know him well enough unfortunately.)
    Iím an excellent home chef. Ran 22 kitchens at one point in my life. Iíd like to get you my resume for the chalet private cook position.

  22. #347
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Da Norf Lake
    Posts
    1,415
    Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    I'm calling BS on that one too.
    My pessimism proves prescient as GFS starts to introduce more splitting scenarios and moves back first possible moisture to 25th. And it ainít much. Get Fucked, Skiers.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

  23. #348
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Get Fucked, Skiers.


    Good thing there aren't many of those around these parts.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

  24. #349
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    11,051
    Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    My pessimism proves prescient as GFS starts to introduce more splitting scenarios and moves back first possible moisture to 25th. And it ain’t much. Get Fucked, Skiers.
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck...

    I mean, we're gonna get something, but GOD DAMN.

  25. #350
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    10,754
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck...

    I mean, we're gonna get something, but GOD DAMN.
    Leave god out of it. She doesn't have anything to do with the weather. She's too busy deciding who's going to win football games every sunday.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •