Page 154 of 175 FirstFirst ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 4354

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

at first i was like H2O??

and then I got high
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Jesus has risen and given us an overnight refreeze. It's His will that you schlap corn

I had to come back east today on the red eye because the kids are in school tomorrow, but my wife is staying out a couple more days. She texted me to say that the refreeze made for an Easter Miracle and great corn as I was driving home from the airport. Hey, thanks, awesome, argh. I put storage wax on the Enforcers and did a ton of laundry though. I am going to summit and ski Shasta next month, so all is not lost!

Looking like May 3 4 5 in Tahoe for me. I’ll have young Owen with me.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Wait. You have two Owens??

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Looking like May 3 4 5 in Tahoe for me. I’ll have young Owen with me.
    Uh oh, might clash with proposed Mammy Mini '19 dates...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Wait. You have two Owens??
    Just the one. 12 going on 21.

Tahoe is way closer than Mammoth. Until the passes open.

Good skiing to be had at KW for final day, today.
    No security backpack searches.
    Snowball bombardment for final chairs.
    Fingers/Olympic/Pallisades hella fun

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Had fun at closer at sugarbowl with one of my kids.

What’s the story with pass holders from other resorts skiing at places like squaw? Are there discounted tix? Do ikon pass holders have buddy passes? Thx

Yesterday (Saturday 4/20) was perhaps the wonkiest day I've had all season at The Star (fwiwm, my season easily reached 100+ days, albeit all at a resort and all teaching 4-to-6 y/o groms how to rip groomers and safely ski trees). Snow in the AM was compacted speed slush that quickly turned into grippy smashed taters; from 2-to-3:30 it was some of the stickiest snow I've skied all season.

Today (Sunday 4/21) was a complete switcheroo. First off it started snowing at my abode (roughly 6500 feet in Truckee) around 7 am and then it snowed a wee bit at The Star in the pre-noon hours. The snow was bonafide soft-serve with a smattering of smearable cream cheese (some of y'all's definition of corn is a bit off, imho). The snow actually began to re-set around 3 pm in the shade.
    The grom in my charge and I lapped the same run about 1/2 dozen times throughout the day (4 y/o's kinda like routine) and it was creamy from start-to-finish.
    Good final day at The Star, for sure.
    Ended it all with serious apres at Copper Lane where all tap beers were "PBR Priced"...so I drank a few Truckee Brewing Company hazy's for $2.95 a pop.
    Boo.
    Yaa.

Let the glorious spring/summer/autumn of Tahoe patch-skiing commence!
    Last edited by dookey67; 04-21-2019 at 10:45 PM.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Clouds hung over our peak today and broke just as we topped out, nice Easter corn. Friends over on Tallac hung out on the summit for two hours in pea soup before pulling the plug cause they were freezing, by the time we got done the clouds lifted over there also.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BAJNE0454.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	303.9 KB 
ID:	279525

Name:	FDGOE0652.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	243.7 KB 
ID:	279524

Surprisingly awesome skiing at heavenly today. Clouds and a nippy breeze kept the slush nice and buttery! Well... till at least 130, when I left.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Great vibe n good snow at kwood closing day. Talked to a security guard bout hiking up closed resort this year and he said it’s all good

Name:	IMG_1857.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	279528

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

hmmmmm.

Nice gimpy.

I family skied this weekend at KW. Had a blast. Funny to hear of snow and clouds yesterday else where. Nothing but sunshine all morning. Nice solid resort freeze Saturday night.

Good vibe all around. I think Vail is slowly learning. Only wish they never ran 10 on Friday. Would have been a fun hike with my godson over to Cornville. Had no idea that we could hike further...

Skied a half lap with Mashed Potatoes and bumped into Turx and Cinders. Saw them later in the blob trying to find a spot on 6 a little later.

As for ticket deals at Squaw, I don’t think Alterra is offering those to season pass holders from other resorts. Believe that is a thing of the past.

I have a mon-sat single day squaw ticket up in gearswap for $50 if anyone's looking for a less spendy way to get in a squaw day between now and july.

^^^ no Sunday. That’s odd.

Between Jake's, Rubicon and Hidden in West Shore, which do you guys prefer?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Nice gimpy.

I family skied this weekend at KW. Had a blast. Funny to hear of snow and clouds yesterday else where. Nothing but sunshine all morning. Nice solid resort freeze Saturday night.

Good vibe all around. I think Vail is slowly learning. Only wish they never ran 10 on Friday. Would have been a fun hike with my godson over to Cornville. Had no idea that we could hike further...

Skied a half lap with Mashed Potatoes and bumped into Turx and Cinders. Saw them later in the blob trying to find a spot on 6 a little later.

As for ticket deals at Squaw, I don’t think Alterra is offering those to season pass holders from other resorts. Believe that is a thing of the past.
    I think it actually worked out okay that 10 wasn't running, snow not very good over there.. I hiked over to All the Way and it was the only crusty scratchy run I skied all day. Rest of the mountain was butter, great last day for me and a great season in the books.

Cheers to all, this thread kept me stoked all year!

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    I have a mon-sat single day squaw ticket up in gearswap for $50 if anyone's looking for a less spendy way to get in a squaw day between now and july.
    I’ll buy that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda. View Post
    Between Jake's, Rubicon and Hidden in West Shore, which do you guys prefer?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    Jakes for variety, Rubicon for safe skiing in storm conditions.

Name:  IMG_20190421_121824.jpg
Views: 823
Size:  193.6 KB
    Deadwood yesterday from round-top shoulder. The hard freeze on Sat night with a bit of wind locked everything up through noonish, then it was great corn for the rest of the day.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

don't let the stoke melt out before the snow!

gimpy I saw you from the back bowls of thunder mountain. "what the heck is that guy doing hiking to the top of 10?"

Name:	image1.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	474.8 KB 
ID:	279716

none of the chutes down to silver lake go anymore. 100+ feet of cheesegrater rock on the ridge, and the chokes are all burned out

^^^^if you are talking about that southwest facing line skiers left of the big cliff, it is rare to go ever in a regular season. Rare to get the top filled in at least. Often requires a down climb even in regular big years.

How did the lower part of Thunder Bowl look. V Tree looks decent from your pic, but the bottom is out of view.

Who is skiing Squaw next Sunday? Looks likely I'll be there solo cruising around for the day.