Page 160 of 175 FirstFirst ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 4354
    Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    So that the employees who still have to travel on snowmobiles around the hill have a safe(r) route of travel than horribly rutted mush.

Plus, cats are all over that place moving pipes, equipment, food, snow, etc.
    Bears, dogs, now we have cats

OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

Speaking of bears...

Gimpy, is that a human bootpack up the Y? Or is the Mott bear wandering around in there?

Whiskey is fine to ski with. You yell 'go' and he goes. He does have a prey drive when he gets surprised which is what happened there. That was totally my bad for not knowing where he was when I couldn't see uphill past the rollover. I had just assumed I was the only one there which was wrong and irresponsible on my part.

Nacho was a concern with ski edges but stopped caring about chasing people beside me quite awhile ago. Between the two they have close to 1,000 days on the hill with about 3 incidents (this being the first involving a bite). Nacho has had a unidentified leg injury (not a cut) and whiskey got a puncture wound from something on the ground that required veterinary attention.
    As I said in person and through IG, I am sorry. I realize saying sorry doesn't absolve me of anything. I still feel accepting the apology and then posting that online is weak. The fact that people know you're talking about me doesn't bother me at all.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

A well trained, quiet, and careful dog is a rare, and unusual thing. And a pleasure to behold.
    Noisy, aggressive, boisterous?
    And the dog thinks they are in charge?
    Yeah that's normal.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Really didn’t care to have an internet squabble and had no intention of outing u whether u care or not but I can’t let that go. Telling me I should have been able to avoid him and that he’s fine to ski with makes it clear u accept no responsibility for your dogs actions .........which are 100% tied to you, the owner, who neglected to train them.
    Just fucking own it man!!!
    You really need to train your dogs to listen to you and not chase skiers. I know they are great dogs, but that does not make them good ski dogs. That takes effort, time and patience from the owner. If u want I’ll post a picture of my swollen bruised calf with 2 puncture marks in it or my ripped ski pants if it helps you to fucking recognize that your argument is bullshit. Trust me when I tell you that just about every member of this board I talk to that has skied with you and your dogs thinks the same thing. It just took me being bit to finally call you out on it. Which I didn’t really even do as there really was no need for u to respond and put names n faces to my little innocuous comment bout no bad dogs just bad owners. If he had bit a heavenly employee or someone not as compassionate as myself, you would be fucked. I’m tempted to get some antibiotics for my bite but I know what happens when a dog bite is reported. Trust me man, it’s not good so I’ve refrained n hope it just gets better.
    I’ve said all I need to say n hope this just dies out here. You can take it to heart and better you and your dogs lives by training them or you can just think I’m an asshole. If me being an asshole can contribute to your dog not getting his Achilles sliced and ending his athletic career or from attacking another unsuspecting skier, then so be it

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I’ve also lost a few ski partners that insist on bringing their dogs. I just won’t ski with them anymore. I’ve seen two legs sliced, badly, and one get caught, buried and killed. If your a responsible dog owner you just don’t ski with them.

Dork outed himself. Fullstop. No one would have noticed, paid any attention to, or recognized what gimpy was referring to if Dork hadn't posted that defensive response.

I think he's overly defensive cause he knows he's wrong and because Gimpy has posted more and better stoke this season

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    If your a responsible dog owner you just don’t ski with them.
    That may be a bit of an overstatement... there are always exceptions, but, after starting a thread on this very subject last year regarding my new lab, I ultimately decided not to go there. Not to mention, a few people I tour with said they wouldn’t go with me if I brought the dog.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Hasn't gimpy had that as his signature forever or am I mistaken? I swear I've seen the "bad owner" thing a long time ago.

Ditto with Fritz.
    I have an 85lb labrador I never take skiing (once in a blue moon on an easy tour I will). Even if I took the time to train him I wouldn't bother as I think it's a huge p.i.t.a. I have no problem with anyone's dogs though and I like seeing them out there. It's just personal preference for me. I also don't think it's good for a lab to be sprinting down hills all day (or any dog). It's got to be terrible for their joints. Then there's the unspoken aspect of putting dogs in avy danger and I never see anyone strapping beacons to them. If I did ever take my dog out in serious powder I'd definitely strap a pack on him and throw a beacon in there (most ppl have old, spare beacons laying around).
    So, what kind of damage did the bite do? I honestly don't see the big deal (especially if I was a dog person) if it was a reactive action done out of surprise. It's not like the thing is trying to eat you lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Dork outed himself. Fullstop. No one would have noticed, paid any attention to, or recognized what gimpy was referring to if Dork hadn't posted that defensive response.

I think he's overly defensive cause he knows he's wrong and because Gimpy has posted more and better stoke this season

I enjoy everyone's stoke, but I agree with this. Would have never noticed until PD's post.

Here's the dog rule I live by: In a public space, nobody's dog should approach anyone in anyway at anytime. And conversely, in a public space, no person should approach anybody's dog without permission.

So if you're at CP where there's a high likelihood of encountering other skiers, your dogs need to be velcro dogs or on leash.

I don't have a dog in this fight (haha) but gimpy, if you're leg is swollen you need to go get the antibiotics. I was bitten several years ago (2 small puncture wounds on my quad) and got cellulitis within a few days, it was big and red and was creeping towards my balls by the time I decided to deal with it so don't wait. I know it's awkward with having to report something about the incident but do not let this stand in the way of getting needed medical attention. That's what I did and I ended up regretting it.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    There are no bad dogs, just bad owners
    Silly me!
    Here I thought those were just some obscure lyrics from a long-forgotten Dead tune...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    Here's the dog rule I live by: In a public space, nobody's dog should approach anyone in anyway at anytime.
    So if you're at CP where there's a high likelihood of encountering other skiers, your dogs need to be velcro dogs or on leash.
    Lighten up Francis. Obviously a cat person who lives in the city. My dog goes up to people all the time. Only an uptight asshole would have a problem with a dog coming up to them to say hi.

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    Lighten up Francis. Obviously a cat person who lives in the city. My dog goes up to people all the time. Only an uptight asshole would have a problem with a dog coming up to them to say hi.
    Or somebody who's been bitten before or simply somebody that doesn't like or feel comfortable around unknown dogs. Not everybody is a dog person and not everyone knows or wants to deal with somebody else's dogs...

My friend had a very sweet but very large and very strong labrador he stopped hiking with because the dog was not the greatest of "greeters" on the trail.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    Or somebody who's been bitten before or simply somebody that doesn't like or feel comfortable around unknown dogs. Not everybody is a dog person and not everyone knows or wants to deal with somebody else's dogs...

My friend had a very sweet but very large and very strong labrador he stopped hiking with because the dog was not the greatest of "greeters" on the trail.
    as the guy who had to have his finger surgically repaired due to a "friendly" dog greeting I can agree with this - I'm not really that into dogs - I don't like skiing with dogs

I'll be in SLT and Truckee this weekend - CP, HV and SV/AM

I love dogs. I have three. I don't live in a city, I live in a hick town. Not a cat person at all- don't have one. I have a scar on my right leg from a dog that bit me on a mountain bike trail. Just last summer I was chased twice buy pit bulls on my local bike trail. When my kid was 3 a dog came to "say hi" and attacked. My boot in the dogs face saved him. Fuck you.

Well behaved dogs approaching me when I am making gestures that indicate I want to greet it- and the owner allowing it to is one thing. A loose dog just randomly running up to people is an asshole dog owner.

The dogs rarely if ever go up to people when we're on walks. They just don't care about people except when whiskey sees someone going fast. If I had seen it happening I would have called him, but it was above the rollover so I didn't see it happening.
    gimpy if you like I can get you some antibiotics. Topical for sure OTC, and I just got out of surgery and may be able to get pills at the doc today. Let me know. And the reason I asked about your pants at the scene is I was going to offer to replace them or repair them. No offense, but then I saw your pants.
    Also, like you said I need to own it. That's what I meant by when I said I didn't care that people know it's me. I'm trying to own it.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Then there's the unspoken aspect of putting dogs in avy danger and I never see anyone strapping beacons to them. If I did ever take my dog out in serious powder I'd definitely strap a pack on him and throw a beacon in there (most ppl have old, spare beacons laying around).
    Don't do this! If you're going to put a beacon on your dog, use a pet beacon (like the Pieps TX600) that transmits on a different frequency, and get a transceiver that receives on that frequency (again, Pieps Pro or DSP Pro or the equivalent BD). In a multiple burial situation you don't want someone digging out a pet when there are still people buried (which could include you).

Not to hijack this doggie talk....I’ve had good and bad experiences with friends dogs on the trail....

I’m coming into Reno tomorrow and would like to hit Squaw (not bringing touring sticks) Friday, Saturday and maaaaaybe Sunday. Any comments on conditions? Packing now debating what skis to toss in for the resort....Praxis PJs (100mm) and/or Concepts (117mm).....will prob bring both out of habit though.

Any resort beta would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    The dogs rarely if ever go up to people when we're on walks. They just don't care about people except when whiskey sees someone going fast. If I had seen it happening I would have called him, but it was above the rollover so I didn't see it happening.
    gimpy if you like I can get you some antibiotics. Topical for sure OTC, and I just got out of surgery and may be able to get pills at the doc today. Let me know. And the reason I asked about your pants at the scene is I was going to offer to replace them or repair them. No offense, but then I saw your pants.
    Also, like you said I need to own it. That's what I meant by when I said I didn't care that people know it's me. I'm trying to own it.
    Gimpy may need a shot.

Sadly, owning it probably means a conversation with animal control. What if Whiskey sees a kid "going fast" and it happens again?

When I got bit I made a mistake and protected the dog owner from animal control so as not to burn a friendship. The dog ended up biting some guy in the nuts later on and my friend got sued. Sorry Court, not trying to be a dick here but this experience was searing for me and I kind of vowed I would never be such a pussy about doing the right thing again so I guess that's why I'm up on my soapbox here. I shall say no more..

Quote Originally Posted by jmars View Post
    I’m coming into Reno tomorrow and would like to hit Squaw (not bringing touring sticks) Friday, Saturday and maaaaaybe Sunday. Any comments on conditions? Packing now debating what skis to toss in for the resort....Praxis PJs (100mm) and/or Concepts (117mm).....will prob bring both out of habit though.

Any resort beta would be appreciated.
    Bring both.
    Skinny skis before break.
    Slush skis after break.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Bring both.
    Skinny skis before break.
    Slush skis after break.
    Now this is a proper setup for success!
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Mafuggaz best start bringing back the SKI/RIDE stoke or we're gonna have to retitle this thread:

and that would suck...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

I'd just bring the PJs with fresh wax. Get there early too. Without an overnight freeze it melts out quick.

Marginal Freeze last night but the clear night helped things out out at Carson Pass today, needed to be on it early was back in town before 11.