Page 97 of 175 FirstFirst ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 4354
    I’m sorry to hear that

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Highlight of the day before my doc gave me today my MRI results from a crash back on Xmas day. Blown ACL, meniscus tears on both sides of the knee and cartilage damage. Surprised I’ve still been able to ski (at a dialed back level)
    Bummer, that sucks. Since you've been skiing on it the last 6 weeks can you finish out the season before surgery, or is it a stop now or you'll do more damage situation?

Sorry to hear that TahoeBC. I'm sure you'll be back stronger than ever

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Bummer, that sucks. Since you've been skiing on it the last 6 weeks can you finish out the season before surgery, or is it a stop now or you'll do more damage situation?
    With braces, I skied 8 and 11 years without ACL’s. They are just backup for the muscles. 🤠

But not the first two months after I popped them. That, sir, is admirable.

Does anyone know of shops that carry ON3P skis (hopefully north lake)? I'm looking to pick up some Kartel 108's

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I'm just getting the meniscus trimmed towards the end of the month so I can prolly be skiing again with a brace by the end of March, gonna try a cope without an ACL until my eventual Knee replacement down the road since they will take the ACL out for that anyway. Know plenty of folks without ACL's that have been skiing for decades without one, I guess making it to almost 60 without surgery ever ani't to bad of a streak.

Quote Originally Posted by greatjones View Post
    Does anyone know of shops that carry ON3P skis (hopefully north lake)? I'm looking to pick up some Kartel 108's
    They pretty much only sell them online, either direct, on evo.com or a few other random shops here or there. ON3P tends to ship them out quickly after you order.

Sorry to read of your injuries TBC.

Heard about a skier caught in an avalanche off jobs east peak the other day that broke his leg up there, saw it was reported to SAC, worth a read if you have not seen it yet.

https://www.sierraavalanchecenter.or...-east-shoulder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn jeff that sux. All the more props to ya getting a lap in on the best day of the season last weds

The north side of jobs looked like total shit that day n winds were insane. Was easy choice to go to the east side. Yikes!

Puddles froze up n at least a foot on the ground already. Tomorow lookin like a dank storm day on tap

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Heavenly pulled the plug too early in my opinion. I skinned up Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1550203266.217017.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	208.0 KB 
ID:	269773 to the small hill above the groove lift after the lightning stopped. Snow got better and better the higher I went

Hogsback to west bowl was boot to shin deep. Will be fun tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Heard about a skier caught in an avalanche off jobs east peak the other day that broke his leg up there, saw it was reported to SAC, worth a read if you have not seen it yet.

https://www.sierraavalanchecenter.or...-east-shoulder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pretty scary, not sure i would've done anything differently to avoid getting caught.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Well, 80 EB is closed due to a jack knifed semi. Had to get a hotel in Applegate. Hopefully it opens tomorrow morning...

Heal up quick TBC.

Quality report on SAC. Glad to hear the injured skier made it out. That could have gone worse in many ways. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    sproing!

Sorry to hear TBC, good luck with the rehab.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Quality report on SAC. Glad to hear the injured skier made it out. That could have gone worse in many ways. Thanks for sharing.
    Note his emphasis on being extremely thankful for having cell reception where they were and how screwed they would have been otherwise. Curious how many in this group travel with an InReach considering a number of zones in the area have spotty cell coverage? (I don't, but have been thinking I probably should buy one for both skiing and MTB, just wish they weren't so damn expensive)

Yeah, reading that report I thought again about how I'm happy to have my new inreach mini. I hate monthly plans, but the device itself is so small that I just carry it all the time. I started a thread about it in Gear Swap a while back and the discussion is valuable.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtlange View Post
    Well, 80 EB is closed due to a jack knifed semi. Had to get a hotel in Applegate. Hopefully it opens tomorrow morning...
    Yeah not just a jacknifed rig. This is a pretty bonkers storm -again. It’s still closed and so is a lot of other shit. I felt lucky to get out of TD last night and thankful they hadn’t closed brockway at that time. It was some pretty hair ball whiteout 5mph with your hazards on stuff in martis valley.

Pro tip: apparently they keep plowing 80 and you can drive it from 89 to 267 even when the closure is Applegate to Verdi.

Rose closed already (saving it for the tourists, no doubt , just like they save the chutes for the late risers ).

If Squaw actually opens, I’ll be impressed and I’ll be there. After another serious dig out.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Looks like Rose is closed AGAIN today, and with the current road closures I can't get to Squaw or Alpine. This sucks. I should have gotten up early and driven to Mammoth.

Mt Rose highway is closed, so the resort is closed. Otherwise, who knows?

The 1000+ lightning strikes yesterday would've made control work challenging. A coworker is dating a patrolled up there, who said lightning hit a lift tower near him, as he was preparing to throw a charge into the chutes. Bombs + lightning would make me retreat downhill pretty fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Rose closed already (saving it for the tourists, no doubt , just like they save the chutes for the late risers ).
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post
    Looks like Rose is closed AGAIN today, and with the current road closures I can't get to Squaw or Alpine. This sucks. I should have gotten up early and driven to Mammoth.
    As El Chup said, the road is closed. My 6th graders can help you with extending your research. I can send you their "Digital Day" assignment if you'd like.

what is there todo in nevada city? damn

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Given that 80 is closed this morning and it will snow upwards of 2-3ftft on the summit today, what are the chances it even opens? Forecast models are showing a "lull" early tonight but my guess is that 80 may remain closed for most of today and night.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Pro tip: apparently they keep plowing 80 and you can drive it from 89 to 267 even when the closure is Applegate to Verdi.

But not the other direction. They try to keep I80 EB open at Truckee so they can send cars and trucks towards Reno to decompress the Truckee gridlock.
    Got the bright idea to go out to dinner last night but the Donner Lake intersection was clogged with stuck trucks. I wish they'd build a giant parking lot at the Ag Station and truck inspection station to get cars and trucks stranded when 80 closes off the road.

I could not imagine a less accurate description of how rose handles their mountain. There is not a resort in tahoe that is better to passholders, imho. Am I pissed I can't ski today, yes. Am I pissed at Rose, fuck no. I was up at 4.45 for dawn patrol, then rose laps, and the road is closed.

Also how would tourists even get to rose tomorrow?