Page 135 of 175 FirstFirst ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,375 of 4354
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    I'll take Mormons for $500 Trebek
    Does this count as their ‘missions’?
    Much better than riding around on their bicycles. Much more colorful than the black pants/white shirt look.

Mcski, on our lady, the Queen of South Tahoe.

Lotsa snow in dem hills. Cornice collapses are gonna be legit this spring!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post
    Anybody that was out at SV this past Saturday happen to see large family of skiers in matching day glow outfits?
    Attachment 274879
    They're the Johnson's aka "The Big Ski Family" and this is some strange shit.
    Attachment 274884
    They ski in a large group, do some synchronized skiing, and occasionally stop on the side of the run and sing. I watched one of their videos until it just seemed to weird for me. Their stated mission is to introduce one million families to the joys of skiing together, which seems admirable enough. They look happy in kind of a detached from reality, cultish sort of way.
    Here's their web page..http://www.thebigskifamily.com/
    Their meet the family section looks like a recruiting poster for some type of blonde master race. They'll be down in Mammoth this weekend, and you can sign up to ski with them. That would be interesting.
    Jackson Hole Sports at base of the mountain mid February. I was trying to get as close to them as possible wearing my Jerry of the Day hat but it didn’t really work out

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Mcski, on our lady, the Queen of South Tahoe.

Lotsa snow in dem hills. Cornice collapses are gonna be legit this spring!
    DAYUM! That at Kirkwood?

Didn't think you'd have to brush up on crevasse travel for spring skiing this year.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    I kind of forgot about those guys. Yes, always cheerful. Did they get banned from BBQing at granite?
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    DAYUM! That at Kirkwood?

Didn't think you'd have to brush up on crevasse travel for spring skiing this year.
    It's Alpine Meadows. The cornices are gnarly up there right now.... you definitely don't want to spend too long hanging out on the edge of them before dropping in. Also had a few unsuccessful attempts at carving out some slots last week (it would have just taken too long) and had to go around a few areas I would have normally preferred to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Yep
    That's too bad. They always seemed pretty considerate about staying out of the way and cleaning up, but I suppose that didn't fly with KSL food service revenue goals

A quick search of The Webz leads me to believe that the members of Team Tie Dye all moved to Westchester and became weightlifters...
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2061939193828797/
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Looking to buy a Cheap(ish) pair of dynafits -preferably something with more beef. Wondering if anyone in this thread might have something?

South Lake Tahoe mags: which cellular service provider are you using and how’s your reception? I don’t have coverage on carson pass, or the TRT between stagecoach and Luther pass on my ATT. I heard Verizon may be better?

Quote Originally Posted by Wobby View Post
    Looking to buy a Cheap(ish) pair of dynafits -preferably something with more beef. Wondering if anyone in this thread might have something?
    Bindings? I have some beast 14s I’ve never mounted.

On my outings...My AT&T service would work a bit once above Winnemucca Lake, summit of Round Top, summit of Sisters, and the saddle between the two. But usually nothing below Round Top Lake down to hwy88.

In general Verizon is much better all around the lake than AT&T.

Yep Verizon is the default for best service coverage in the area. Although I have sprint and never have had any issue anywhere around the lake. I think they piggy back off Verizon's towers

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    It's Alpine Meadows. The cornices are gnarly up there right now.... you definitely don't want to spend too long hanging out on the edge of them before dropping in. Also had a few unsuccessful attempts at carving out some slots last week (it would have just taken too long) and had to go around a few areas I would have normally preferred to enter.

Top of Beaver?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Top of Beaver?
    nice thread. and yes - top of Beaver/Estelle at Alpine.

wobby, I've got some 190 BCs laying around - you want? Also, some Praxis GPOs... and some poles... I need to make a FS thread.
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toad View Post
    South Lake Tahoe mags: which cellular service provider are you using and how’s your reception? I don’t have coverage on carson pass, or the TRT between stagecoach and Luther pass on my ATT. I heard Verizon may be better?
    Yep Verizon does work close to Carson pass my buddy had a conference call and didn’t loose signal until the curve. Also Markleeville only gets Verizon. I have T-Mobile nothing only at Kirkwood.

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    On my outings...My AT&T service would work a bit once above Winnemucca Lake, summit of Round Top, summit of Sisters, and the saddle between the two. But usually nothing below Round Top Lake down to hwy88.
    The Hope Valley Verizon tower pretty much took away much of my InReach need. 4 bars and internet while camping at the base of The Nipple.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toad View Post
    Using Verison, coverage is WAY better since I switch from ATT, heck Ive been able to send pics from peaks on Sonora and Tioga pass!

verizon works rediculously good in the bc, especially carson pass. only dead spot ive found is some of meyers and elks club. att sucks in the bc. my att friends are always borrowing my phone.

OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    we haven’t confirmed they’re mo mo, the license plate leads me to believe their from somewhere in orygun. still could be mo but also just some weird portlanders.
    Yes we have. Look at those names... of course they’re Mormon! I’ll bet you a kajillion dollars... started the amount with a K for obvious reasons.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Hail on my back like a shotgun blast

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9906.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	275198Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9969.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	275199

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

You just keep on delivering and delivering.

how is the snow after the storms today?

Quote Originally Posted by soyboy80 View Post
    how is the snow after the storms today?
    Wetter.

Looks like the rest is backing off now, which is good.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.