Page 137 of 175 FirstFirst ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 4354
    all true sadly
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

And they are actually enforcing the parking rules at the rest stop

OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

Nice leftovers at Sugar Bowl this morning. Cold temps overnight really helped.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9709.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	275652

Name:	IMG_9711.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	275661
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 03-24-2019 at 12:21 PM.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    Not verified, but I just heard that the whole Donner Summit Sno-Park got so far behind on plowing, plus they don't know how many stranded cars have gotten buried, that they've let the whole thing go to shit, and basically there's no public parking at Donner Summit any more (Boreal's keeping an eye out and towing, and enforcement's been stepped up at the rest stops too, apparently). Last time I was there it had been down to having room only on one side, plus barely enough room remaining to drive in and out, but I guess it got worse, and then they gave up on it.
    There's still a small amount of parking (maybe 15 cars?) available just before the Sno Park on the right side of the road. You'd likely have to get there pretty early if you wanted to get a spot on a weekend though...

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Nice leftovers at Sugar Bowl this morning. Cold temps overnight really helped
    No palisades?

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    No palisades?
    And why isn't that chair spinning?

Palisades look fat!

Summit chair at SB rarely ever runs (I’ve never ridden it). I’m fine with that.

No palisades... I don’t think the 7-9 inches bonded very well on steeper stuff, noticed a lot of natural slide activity going up old 40 this morning.

Name:	IMG_9703.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	275668

J you in Tahoe all week?

OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

Summit chair at SB rarely ever runs (I’ve never ridden it). I’m fine with that.

No palisades... I don’t think the 7-9 inches bonded very well on steeper stuff, noticed a lot of natural slide activity going up old 40 this morning.
    Ive actually done laps on summit chair, “back in the day.” Always exceptional conditions and basically spooning my own tracks from the previous lap.

Speaking of “back in the day,” palisades.... woulda been controlled by patrol and opened with combo of hardpack and excellent conditions. IME, that’s typical palisades conditions, spicy and fun.
    Last edited by bodywhomper; 03-24-2019 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    J you in Tahoe all week?
    Nope, was up most of last week for the kids’ spring break. Would love to catch this mid week storm but alas I am hosting dinner Thursday night for everyone in my fantasy football league because I came in last. Brutal.

I do plan to be at Squaw / Alpine on the weekend though.

Nice day out at Mt Rose area. Good fluff in North facing trees. Nice to see the sun for a bit, but time for a reset.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Ive actually done laps on summit chair, “back in the day.” Always exception conditions and basically spooning my own tracks from the previous lap.

Speaking of “back in the day,” palisades.... woulda been controlled by patrol and opened with combo of hardpack and excellent conditions. IME, that’s typical palisades conditions, spicy and fun.
    Summit chair is the place to be when we get a nice storm followed by the evil east wind.

I only have maybe 10-12 days at SB this season, so serious question: did Summit ever run? Holiday weeks/weekends maybe?

KW skied well today. My kids friend left the hill around 11am. After two days on the low mountain, my kid asked if he could just hit up 10 for a bit. Absolutely. We found lightly tracked snow in the lower Cirque. Stoked at watching him just love the steeps.

Was glad to share some stoke and skiing with my son’s buddy, but was super happy when they left and we just started to charge. Super fun day.

Left around 1:30. Sun was taking its toll. What a season.

This weekend was dope! Had an amazing day at Alpine today. Couldn't believe how many nooks and crannies still had un-tracked goods after lunch.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Last leaf fallen bare earth where green was born,...

Name:	IMG_9986.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	275762Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0028.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	275763Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0101.jpg 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	275764Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0112.jpg 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	275765

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I only have maybe 10-12 days at SB this season, so serious question: did Summit ever run? Holiday weeks/weekends maybe?

For sure it ran -> caught it in late Jan or early Feb on a sunny/non-storm weekend day. Luckily, that really narrows down possibilities this season.

Rode it a few times for novelty as we didn’t catch it running at all last season, but so many other places on mt were skiing better.

Did you notice if they dug the lower terminal out? Last I saw it was pretty socked in.

I dont know if it ran but they announced before the season, on the pass application that it would run only on weekends and holidays. Not sure about holidays. I have a midweek pass.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    This weekend was dope! Had an amazing day at Alpine today. Couldn't believe how many nooks and crannies still had un-tracked goods after lunch.
    That was what I was finding at KW. Amazing. Saturday, our last lift at 3:50, we found a completely untracked ridge to ski. Sure, it was low angled, but sweet untracked. My kid was having a blast milking the fresh lines while his buddy followed his tracks.

Refresh is needed. Otherwise we will be into spring again. Looks like we will have to wait a while for a corn cycle again.

Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Did you notice if they dug the lower terminal out? Last I saw it was pretty socked in.
    I didn't look that closely but it wasn't completely buried or anything, but definitely needed some work still.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I dont know if it ran but they announced before the season, on the pass application that it would run only on weekends and holidays. Not sure about holidays. I have a midweek pass.
    Yeah, I remember you specifically had to check a box acknowledging the various terms and one of them was limited Summit operations. Again, not complaining, I'm happy to have it be hike accessible only and not get tracked out.

One of the best days I've had in the bc yesterday, ever. Hip deep shots in places. Bluebird day with a cool breeze.

Managed to get on some favorite lines in stellar conditions. Ripped off what I think is my favorite run of the year so far. Film crew was out in the same zone, got to watch a pro athlete rip yuge lines. WTF sometimes it all comes together

Name:	IMG-1125.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	730.4 KB 
ID:	275825

Name:	IMG-1135.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	275826

Name:	IMG-1133.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	275827

Name:	IMG-1141.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	275828

Name:	IMG-1143.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	275829

^^ Very nice!

I feel like I've only skied storm days all season, so with some actual sunshine I took a little footage yesterday. Just a nice cruisy pow lap from the top of Mt. Judah...

Those pics are out standing and that terrain has me drooling. The skin track trajectory not so much

Only skied Saturday...pulled my oldest son from ski team and decided to load first Tram at Squaw. Rolled right into Silverado and stayed there until noon...NOBODY was there for a few laps and was surreal. Mix of legit pow to spring pow down low but all was a good time. Definitely a firm layer in some of the steeps like in Hanging Gardens etc. Just lapped everything from one boundary to the other so my son could check of runs from the map...remember those days? Finished the day off watching the costume contest for the Pain McSchlonkey and few KT laps...still some ripping windblown in West Face below Big Balls. I did manage to get Big Balls to release all the new snow but my skis were supported by the old layer underneath. Sunday was Little League. Signing out - Coach666

Surprisingly fun day at Heavenly yesterday. Stayed on California side and lapped the Pinnacles area. Was staying nice and wintry through mid-day and was super fun poking around through those trees.

On a not so fun note. Didn't realize how big the clueless factor is at Heavenly. Almost got taken out a couple of times entering the lift corral by people zooming across the entrances. One guy even crashed into my friend's daughter and the guy never even apologized when I asked him loudly to slow down. WTF? Is this the norm on weekends?! Or am I just getting old and crusty....
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar