Page 159 of 175 FirstFirst ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 4354
    Damn B, you and Booker were a perfect team. Sorry for it to end.

His spirit lives on in these mountains.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0104.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	281355

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Skied a North facing aspect off relay peak around 12, still pretty firm, then east facing, perfect.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Man, the moguls on KT are no joke: super deep and cut up from people doing hockey stop Z-turns on them.
    Was surprised at how many novice/beginner skiers I saw pizza-ing down Sibo, too.
    And why do we need 6 different traverses on the Reverse Traverse? Cuts up some nice terrain.
    Snow on North facing aspects was still legit at noon, but East facing was kinda cooked by 11.
    Good-n-fun pre-lunch schussing was had nonetheless, though.

Speaking of Squaw (and Alpine, too), I have some comps and 1/2 price vouchers if anybody needs/wants em. They expire on October 15th, fwiw. Not sure if they are also good at Mammy, though (strange as NS comp vouchers are good at any Vail resort except Perisher)...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Meanwhile, at Alpine it was hard to find someone to ride the chair with...

You pretty much have to supply your own food, beverages and post ski music these days at Alpine...and know Summit well enough to follow the sun for a full ski day. Word on the street is that the poor stepchild is getting about 10% of the traffic that Squaw is seeing. Today that number was likely far less... Nonetheless, its good to be back on skis.
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

Yes SV was crowded. (Sorry we missed y'all).
    GC was hella fun tho. V-tree for the win...man it's been years... Corkscrew was closed, but prolly too spicy for us anyway.
    Ladies downhill was pretty nice off KT.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

No kidding Dookey! Way too many reverse traverses off Siberia!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2839.JPG 
Views:	146 
Size:	198.0 KB 
ID:	281388
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

But super fun nonetheless! North bowl and Siberia groomers were money when they closed Siberia at 2.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    No kidding Dookey! Way too many reverse traverses off Siberia!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2839.JPG 
Views:	146 
Size:	198.0 KB 
ID:	281388
    I see two proper traverse tracks. High and Lazy.

And then a bunch of random tracks.

What time was Sunbowl soft? Is it still smoothie like it was a week ago? I hit it twice as the right hand side was basically back country corn smooth.

As for the bumps on KT, it just required finding the right line. I don’t know all their names but I found good bumps in rock garden, portal, skiers right of Oly Lady and skier left of GS to base of Oly Lady, as well as some Nose to Fingers lines. Although the top of nose was super short cut bumps.

Trying to convince my son to start on Summit next Saturday and then drive over to KT for noon to 2.

Most enjoyable morning at The Meadows.
    Snow was soft, creamy, and thick.
    Lottsa lovely lines left.

Name:	IMG_9430.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	643.4 KB 
ID:	281463

Not sure where this should go. Got inspired by a utard and wandered into the Nevada desert.
    Surrounded by the oldest living organisms on earth.

Name:	IMG_6511.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	281465

Bootin’ coolies

Name:	IMG_6515.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	281467

Plenty of skiing back there

Name:	IMG_6524.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	237.5 KB 
ID:	281468

Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post

Bootin’ coolies
    ??? What, were you kicking indentured Chinese railroad workers in the ass with your ski boots?

Methinks you should hit up Wobby's NV Ski site...bet he'd dig to know where you went (I would, too, for that matter).

Looks like great basin natl park to me.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Had no idea that was racially insisitive. Oops!

And, yes.

Psa: anybody lose an ice axe? PM me.

I skied Stevens Peak on Saturday, and I found some bear tracks crossing the skin track. They didn't look that big, so I'm guessing it was a little guy. I didn't see any big mama bear tracks nearby. On the way down, I found a different set of tracks that could have been a big bear. But those big tracks were suncupped, and didn't have any detail.

Name:	IMG_20190504_084911.jpg 
Size:	240.6 KB 
ID:	281536

Quote Originally Posted by Parkface View Post
    I skied Stevens Peak on Saturday, and I found some bear tracks crossing the skin track. They didn't look that big, so I'm guessing it was a little guy. I didn't see any big mama bear tracks nearby. On the way down, I found a different set of tracks that could have been a big bear. But those big tracks were suncupped, and didn't have any detail.

Name:	IMG_20190504_084911.jpg 
Size:	240.6 KB 
ID:	281536
    Sucks when bears mess up the skin track.

Cornuroy thoroughly enhances blue squares. Closed home resort zone freshly groomed every night all weekend.

Name:	IMG_3080.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	281616Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3083.jpg 
Views:	148 
ID:	281617

There are no bad dogs, just bad owners

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

When I think of whether a dog owner is good or bad I think of how they treat the dog, not whether the dog lashed out at a skier flashing by (that could have easily avoided him). My dogs live their life off leash. It doesn't always work out but they're not vicious or mean so i trust them to not kill or maim anyone. You can call me a bad owner if you want, I don't really give a shit because I'm here for them, not for you.
    And accepting my apology in person and then spraying this shit online is fucking weak, imo.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Oh boy! Train yer dogs man!! You have obviously put zero effort in training a ski dog. Your dogs suck to ski with and it’s entirely on you. I don’t ever ski with you anymore because of it and I’ve been biting my tongue for years when I see how careless you are with them.
    It’s a miracle they Havnt been sliced by a ski edge. I avoided yer dog as he charged at me while skiing down so I wouldn’t cut him and got a good dog bite in return
    I never even mentioned you by name here n just threw a lil dig at U to maybe make you think about the danger u put your dogs in when they are untrained and constantly trying to jump in front to bite the skis. I know of some local dogs who have had their Achilles sliced and it’s from letting them jump in front.
    And for the record dork, accepting your apology doesn’t absolve you of your carelessness with your dogs. If whiskey had bitten someone besides me, you would b dealing with a lot more shit and your dog would b facing legal problems. My leg is still swollen but I have no desire to get a dog in trouble because it’s owner is too fucking lazy to train it to know any better
    I didn’t make this personal calling you out. You just did that all on your own.

ready

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Cornuroy thoroughly enhances blue squares. Closed home resort zone freshly groomed every night all weekend.

Name:	IMG_3080.jpg 
Views:	141 
ID:	281616Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3083.jpg 
Views:	148 
ID:	281617

There are no bad dogs, just bad owners

Vail perplexes me. Why would they groom runs and not turn lifts? If they are no longer spinning the lift because of lack of customers and cost savings, why pay for fuel, drivers and wear and tear on a cat?

Good for you tho. I do love the cornuroy. I recall chair 11 being groomed at KW on spring when only 5 and 6 were spinning. Made for great afternoon hike laps of Wall to lower mountain groomers.

OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

So that the employees who still have to travel on snowmobiles around the hill have a safe(r) route of travel than horribly rutted mush.

Plus, cats are all over that place moving pipes, equipment, food, snow, etc.

OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
    ready
    Indeed

I haven't seen this much drama potential since he got outed for pimping kirkwood in exchange for passes

If your dog actually bit someone, you kinda need to stfu and take the shaming.
    Last edited by mcski; 05-07-2019 at 09:51 AM.