Page 138 of 175 FirstFirst ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 4354
    squaw on saturday as well followed by way to much saki then on to Carson pass sunday, yeah still fun winter snow! Moon chute in the best snow iv'e skied it in, back up above winnemucca was kicking as well

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MG.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	270.3 KB 
ID:	275840 MG stopped mid run to let his legs cool and took a pic Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DW.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	356.1 KB 
ID:	275838 obligatory shot of deedwood Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RT.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	450.3 KB 
ID:	275837 ahh Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MT.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	426.3 KB 
ID:	275839 Mad Turtle diving in to quickie 2nd run
    Like I told my last wife, I never drive faster than I can see, besides it's all in the reflexes.

confirming great snow, weather, and skiing.

Name:	IMG_5994.jpg 
Views:	836 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	275844

Name:	IMG_6026.jpg 
Views:	836 
Size:	989.2 KB 
ID:	275845

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    One guy even crashed into my friend's daughter and the guy never even apologized when I asked him loudly to slow down. WTF? Is this the norm on weekends?! Or am I just getting old and crusty....
    Yeh happens at Squaw. I gave one guy shit for slammin into me in Siberia line. Felt like the asshole til some random dude later in line told me that was effed and people need to slow down. They do.

Migraines suck so I missed Saturday. As predicted, sounds like it was great. Glad people had fun out there
    "Some folks look for answers
    Others look for fights
    Some folks up in treetops
    Just look to see the sights"

OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

Heave extended their season even more...I’m guessing because they’re sandwiched by two Ikon resorts who are staying open until July.

Open thru April 28, then 3 day weekends through Memorial Day. Gondola, Tamarack, and Dipper.
    Last edited by gnarbro365; 03-25-2019 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    One of the best days I've had in the bc yesterday, ever. Hip deep shots in places. Bluebird day with a cool breeze.

Managed to get on some favorite lines in stellar conditions. Ripped off what I think is my favorite run of the year so far. Film crew was out in the same zone, got to watch a pro athlete rip yuge lines. WTF sometimes it all comes together

Attachment 275825
    Attachment 275826
    Attachment 275827
    Attachment 275828
    Attachment 275829
    Wow it's fat back there, looks about as filled in as I've seen it.

As seen on Luther pass a little while ago, guess this guy tried to drive to the top of Waterhouse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Speaking of “back in the day,” palisades.... woulda been controlled by patrol and opened with combo of hardpack and excellent conditions. IME, that’s typical palisades conditions, spicy and fun.
    Lower entrance (traverse line) into Perco's was open yesterday. The top was closed though, so no Mid-Pal etc..

The whole thing was open the week before last though, including the weekend. My daughter spent most of the week lapping it, then schooled me. "Dad, what's taking you so long?"

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    Lower entrance (traverse line) into Perco's was open yesterday. The top was closed though, so no Mid-Pal etc..

The whole thing was open the week before last though, including the weekend. My daughter spent most of the week lapping it, then schooled me. "Dad, what's taking you so long?"

That’s awesome regarding the kid! My knee is been yelling at me lately. I haven’t skied for a few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    As seen on Luther pass a little while ago, guess this guy tried to drive to the top of Waterhouse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    WHEN GOOGLE SAYS TAKE A LEFT, TAKE A LEFT!!!
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    Heave extended their season even more...I’m guessing because they’re sandwiched by two Ikon resorts who are staying open until July.

Open thru April 28, then 3 day weekends through Memorial Day. Gondola, Tamarack, and Dipper.

Wait, what? Did Mt. Rose and Sierra get added to the IKON pass?
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Wait, what? Did Mt. Rose and Sierra get added to the IKON pass?
    Squaw and Mammy open til July, methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by KJA64 View Post
    Squaw and Mammy open til July, methinks.
    Cause you read the press release from a few weeks ago?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Cause you read the press release from a few weeks ago?
    Methinks his methinks is about Squaw and Mammoth being the ikon-flavored bread in the aforementioned sandwich analogy rather than announcing closing dates.

Sorry, Dookie, nobody appreciates your humor

Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post

So if we are lucky, there could be a Minden Mile in May?

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post

Spring sprung and everybody's sarcasm meter done sputtered out...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Sunday was Little League.
    Ugh. Those words scare me.

So cool you pulled him from ski school to lap with daddy. M kid very much needs a lesson and coaches, but it was so much fun skiing with him on a lot of good days this year. Gonna try to hook him up with a good coach for a day of spring break. He is reluctant. They don't run all stars mid week and he is afraid he will get stuck in an intermediate lift doing drills. He says he needs steeps for drills. On Saturday he dropped his pole off chair 6, but we had to take his buddy over to the Sentinel cat track to get him back to TC, so my buddy skied down tot grab the pole and take Home Run, while I helped his buddy down. My kid skied all of Sentinal, Yang Yang and Doom with his pole held out like a tray.

Speaking of Doom, the Temple is gone. Not a single rock was showing when I was back there two weeks ago. Just a roll over.

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    Surprisingly fun day at Heavenly yesterday. Stayed on California side and lapped the Pinnacles area. Was staying nice and wintry through mid-day and was super fun poking around through those trees.

On a not so fun note. Didn't realize how big the clueless factor is at Heavenly. Almost got taken out a couple of times entering the lift corral by people zooming across the entrances. One guy even crashed into my friend's daughter and the guy never even apologized when I asked him loudly to slow down. WTF? Is this the norm on weekends?! Or am I just getting old and crusty....
    That is what I noticed when I was there for a day Pres week. You need to be very careful when approaching corrals. Almost got taken out myself. As I looked over my shoulder to make sure my groups was following I saw a dude headed right at my. Wide stance, bent forward at waste, arm out to the side, b-lining. I was able to make a small adjustment and have him cruise over the tail one of my skis instead of hitting me from behind.

Too bad Heave only plans to run Tamarack and Dipper. Not enough to be worth it, IMO. If they also kept Mott and Sky running, then maybe. And they should fucking run Gunbarrel from 11-3 daily for the locals.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Well, it would have been funnier if he said between SAT and DP.

If that happened, I'd go full on Ikonic.

There are still rumors going around about Alterra buying Sierra at Tahoe...

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    That is what I noticed when I was there for a day Pres week. You need to be very careful when approaching corrals. Almost got taken out myself. As I looked over my shoulder to make sure my groups was following I saw a dude headed right at my. Wide stance, bent forward at waste, arm out to the side, b-lining. I was able to make a small adjustment and have him cruise over the tail one of my skis instead of hitting me from behind.

Too bad Heave only plans to run Tamarack and Dipper. Not enough to be worth it, IMO. If they also kept Mott and Sky running, then maybe. And they should fucking run Gunbarrel from 11-3 daily for the locals.
    Standing in the singles line at KT on a big day is an experience in itself as people coming off the lower mountain ski across the singles line at speed to get into the corral. You'd think people skiing KT would be able to avoid crashing into people or skiing over their skis but apparently not. If you have to stand in a long line for a while you should at least be able to relax instead of having to be on the alert. C'mon Squaw, put up some more fencing, maybe with a gap where everyone can go through.

Quote Originally Posted by splitter View Post
    Methinks his methinks is about Squaw and Mammoth being the ikon-flavored bread in the aforementioned sandwich analogy rather than announcing closing dates.
    Yep an Ikon vs Epic brawl.

I want to confirm that the great weekend conditions extended east into NV! We got out into some obscure ranges, and enjoyed blower powder. Read more about it here.

Also, big thanks to gnarbro365 and meter-man for getting me hooked up with a solid bc setup again! Everything feels light on the uphill, and fun on the down.

Name:	IMG_5327 copy.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	275966

Name:	IMG_1842.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	275967

Sweet write up and weekend of skiing central NV Wobby, gotta dig seeing ski tracks on some more obscure peaks!
    Like I told my last wife, I never drive faster than I can see, besides it's all in the reflexes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post

Best time to ski Heavenly is on a huge midweek powder day when all the Kirkwood skiers descend on it because Kirkwood is closed and the large snow fall keeps the gapers away. Otherwise get ready for all sorts chaos from people skiing into corrals to out of control skiers on crowded groomers.