Page 100 of 175 FirstFirst ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 4352
  1. #2476
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Truckee, CA
    Posts
    5,644
    In regards to the Longboard Races in Johnsville...how would you get there?
    Weather reports currently saying snow through Sunday...

    Last time I checked Hwy 49 was closed...at least part of it.

    And, c'mon, if 80 is closed, then driving 49 would be downright treacherous.

    http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/roadinfo/display.php?page=sr49



    Hwy 20 ain't fairing much better, either...and it's just as treacherous in a snow storm (I've done that and it was not fun)...
    http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/roadinfo/display.php?page=sr20
    Last edited by dookey67; 02-15-2019 at 06:37 PM.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

    http://www.blizzardsportusa.com/

  2. #2477
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Truckee, CA
    Posts
    5,644
    Quote Originally Posted by theetruscan View Post
    what is there todo in nevada city? damn


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    you're in luck...the local Magic the Gathering tourney doesn't start until 6:30!

    https://www.grassvalleygames.com/
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

    http://www.blizzardsportusa.com/

  3. #2478
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    297
    saved my friday


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  4. #2479
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cruzing
    Posts
    9,086
    Snowmegedom. Its gonna be sick.

  5. #2480
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    tahoe
    Posts
    2,788
    Blowtown
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5010.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	554.2 KB 
ID:	269872Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5011.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	573.4 KB 
ID:	269873Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5012.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	909.8 KB 
ID:	269874
    Pics by powcruzer


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  6. #2481
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tahoe-ish
    Posts
    722
    We didn't feel like braving the road up from Carson today so we skied from the house. It was far better than expected.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0215191648d.jpeg 
Views:	154 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	269880

    Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

  7. #2482
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,220
    Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    In regards to the Longboard Races in Johnsville...how would you get there?
    Weather reports currently saying snow through Sunday...

    Last time I checked Hwy 49 was closed...at least part of it.

    And, c'mon, if 80 is closed, then driving 49 would be downright treacherous.

    http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/roadinfo/display.php?page=sr49



    Hwy 20 ain't fairing much better, either...and it's just as treacherous in a snow storm (I've done that and it was not fun)...
    http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/roadinfo/display.php?page=sr20
    I’ve been thinking about getting there, too. Yuba pass (49) may not be open, especially that early. Hwy 20 always follows closures of 80, though sometimes it has its own issues from accidents or tree falls.

  8. #2483
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Da Norf Lake
    Posts
    1,414

    OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

    @i80chains on Twitter: closed at Colfax

    Nvroads.com: closed at Donner summit.

    Friend in the bay: it’s open. Anybuddy know the straight ?

    Edit:

    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

  9. #2484
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    We didn't feel like braving the road up from Carson today so we skied from the house. It was far better than expected.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0215191648d.jpeg 
Views:	154 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	269880
    Fantastic! A great time to tick off lines that have captured your imagination or just blow up turns in novel locations.

  10. #2485
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Reno, eNVy
    Posts
    367
    Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    We didn't feel like braving the road up from Carson today so we skied from the house. It was far better than expected.
    Thats rad! Where is that? Peavine was oddly good too.

    More deets: Peavine

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4777.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	269893

  11. #2486
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Truckee, CA
    Posts
    5,644
    Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I’ve been thinking about getting there, too. Yuba pass (49) may not be open, especially that early. Hwy 20 always follows closures of 80, though sometimes it has its own issues from accidents or tree falls.
    Good news is that as long as we don't have a warm tail-end of Feb and a warm March, the final weekend of longboarding in March should be good.

    I have one buddy, from Reno, who has his own 18-footers (they may even be longer, too!) and he has attended many times (he also rides those bad boys at Rose end-of-season).

    I also have an old HS chum who is the lead ranger out there. He's been bugging me for years to come out and go long.

    Me'n Vets have also yammered about it for years, but I always forget to get one of those weekends off or they have a shit snow year and cancel many of the races.

    They used to have something on the site about lessons, but I can't find that anymore. I've long heard that if you show up and pay all the fees there is usually some OG who will loan you gear and teach you the basics so you can make at least 1 run.



    I have driven both 20 and 89N in snow storms and it's not fun.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

    http://www.blizzardsportusa.com/

  12. #2487
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tahoe-ish
    Posts
    722
    Quote Originally Posted by 2_1_3 View Post
    Fantastic! A great time to tick off lines that have captured your imagination or just blow up turns in novel locations.
    The pic is looking down onto 50 from the Clear Creek fire burn scar. We live a couple of miles from there, so it was a nice hike.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

  13. #2488
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Access to Granlibakken
    Posts
    7,057
    Outstanding day. Hours and hours of face shots. Just ridiculous.

  14. #2489
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    tahoe
    Posts
    2,788
    how much snow fell in the valley?

  15. #2490
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    486
    Thanks to the 2wd sprinter without chains that was helped off Apache by some neighbors...who then promptly went to Mandan to jackknife and block people for an hour who were just trying to get home and shovel their driveway.

    At least the skiing was fantastic. We’ve had so many days of over the head pow in the past few weeks. Suppose it makes dealing with all the idiots worth it.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  16. #2491
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    SoTahoe
    Posts
    57
    Farm pow
    Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Blowtown
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5010.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	554.2 KB 
ID:	269872Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5011.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	573.4 KB 
ID:	269873Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5012.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	909.8 KB 
ID:	269874
    Pics by powcruzer


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A74A7F53-F2AA-48A0-BBFB-A8FB8FCB4F09.jpeg 
Views:	128 
Size:	309.7 KB 
ID:	269911  

  17. #2492
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    289
    evan- I knew that photo- that was my division on the original fire. "Hold 50 at all costs" was assigned- so we did. You got it Senator.
    38" on the deck in Truckee following 7.05" of water in the gauge over 30 hours. 30" in the driveway equals 2.5 hrs on the blower.
    Buy a patrolman a beer- they're worth it.
    "if you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind..."

  18. #2493
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Flatstar
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    Thanks to the 2wd sprinter without chains that was helped off Apache by some neighbors...who then promptly went to Mandan to jackknife and block people for an hour who were just trying to get home and shovel their driveway.

    At least the skiing was fantastic. We’ve had so many days of over the head pow in the past few weeks. Suppose it makes dealing with all the idiots worth it.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    C’mon man they’re just trying to live their best #vanlife. Seriously though there are too many of those clowns up here lately.

  19. #2494
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tahoe-ish
    Posts
    722
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    evan- I knew that photo- that was my division on the original fire. "Hold 50 at all costs" was assigned- so we did. You got it Senator.
    38" on the deck in Truckee following 7.05" of water in the gauge over 30 hours. 30" in the driveway equals 2.5 hrs on the blower.
    Buy a patrolman a beer- they're worth it.
    Cool. Thanks for your work! I watched that fire from my deck just after buying my house and it was pretty scary, but I was blown away by how many resources they threw at it, and by how quickly they arrived. I wonder if my anti-gubmint neighbors made the connection when their houses were saved by the socialist fire suppression system.

    We prob got 6-8" of nice, light pow here today. The layer underneath is really weird, like frozen slush that collapses when weighted. The skiing was tolerable enough that I'm now thinking about skiing stuff like Duane Bliss Peak, or Genoa Peak from this side...

    Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

  20. #2495
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    12,239
    Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    The pic is looking down onto 50 from the Clear Creek fire burn scar. We live a couple of miles from there, so it was a nice hike.
    I've seen tracks there with much less snow that still looked super fun through the burnt sage. Would like to hit it someday.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

  21. #2496
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Eugenio Oregón
    Posts
    7,004


    Much less FOMO since I now live 10 hours away ...
    _______________________________________________
    "Strapping myself to a sitski built with 30lb of metal and fibreglass then trying to water ski in it sounds like a stupid idea to me.

    I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

  22. #2497
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Galena
    Posts
    442
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    evan- I knew that photo- that was my division on the original fire..
    Hey, I was curious about the fire you mentioned you were on. What was the name of it, and if you don't mind saying, what agency did you work for? I'm ex Region 5 USFS.

  23. #2498
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    PV in EDC
    Posts
    75

    OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post


    Much less FOMO since I now live 10 hours away ...
    Insane! One of my friends lives off of sly park road. Around 7 hours to get from Camino to his house after he got off work.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  24. #2499
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    11,051
    Honestly though, with 80 closed and the first day of a holiday weekend, what did they think was going to happen on 50? Should have just closed it at the same time and said local traffic only.

  25. #2500
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,792
    Carson pass open. Boo yah caltrans.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •