Page 105 of 175 FirstFirst ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 4354
    Alpine was nuts deep blower snow with almost zero lines. 80% of the masses were stuck trying to ski the few late groomed slopes on Weasel and Dance Floor. Tomorrow, with the blackout period over, IKON madness will resume normally. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9413.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	270169
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

Love that Rocky Draw from Lava Cap, haven't been there for a while
    The commander of time

Thanks for the well wishes, old goat hope it’s not serious!

Pics I’ve been seeing on Instaclaim have been ridiculous. Girlfriend said yesterday she was getting face shots like every third turn, today every turn and had to time breathes to keep from choking.

Left town so I would not be tempted to try and ski again, even the San Jose hills had snow, here’s mount Hamilton today

Heard a troller at Sierra was doing sweep at the end of the day and thought he heard someone in the trees yelling he ended up finding some dude buried up to his neck in a tree well, he might not have made it though the night if he hadn’t been found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw all sorts of vehicles with shitty tires and even chains spinning out on Tramway and Benjamin today. Kingsbury to Meyers was a breeze, just had to dodge a 2wd car here and there.

Skiing was fantastic, just like it has been for almost the entire month. Too busy and tired to take photos.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Girlfriend said yesterday she was getting face shots like every third turn, today every turn and had to time breathes to keep from choking.
    I hear that all the time and it doesn’t even snow down here! ;-)
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Blackout Days are AMAZING. Not sure I really understand the #fail business model. Lodges at 1/4 capacity. Slopes EMPTY.

Was TO DEEP at the Wood. We Left A Fuck Ton of Fresh. You couldn't get to far from a "track" today type fun.

Skied for 3 hours with my 3 year old. Snuck a Couple In Too.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190217_132253.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	663.0 KB 
ID:	270202
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

All this talk of traffic, I just had to experience it myself. If the 4hr clusterfuck from applegate to Tahoe today is any indication, tomorrow is gonna be a shitshow of epic/ikon proportions

The snow load on my roof is pushing my comfort level as well. Time for a beer

Headwall ever open at Squaw?

Was at Homewood today and it was too deep.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

It was seriously deep at Squaw today. I spoke to a ski patrol and he said he's been patrolling for 8 years and never seen snow like that at Squaw. Small taste of my 1st run off KT-22:

So so deep today. Bad pics. Great day.

Name:	20190217_140419.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	649.8 KB 
ID:	270204

Name:	20190217_124848.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	270205

Sorry to hear goat. Hope it’s minor.

Dropped the family at SJC at 7:10. Arrived KW 12:20. No traffic in the valley. Snowing as you left El Dorado. Heavy by Cameron Park. Slush shit show, but it kept rolling. Caravan by Strawberry, but it kept rolling. Empty on 89. Parked right at base of 6. Thanks for the idea Supu.

Suited up, and was on 10 just as it opened. Once, and then basically skied untracked till the end of the day. Found the backdoor was open and just lapped that. So much fun.

Gonna be good again tomorrow.

2 minutes and 25 seconds of the fun at Squaw today. Started in the insane lines on KT, did 3 outstanding runs there, grabbed lunch and then headed up upper mountain. What an incredible time up top. Broken Arrow and Solitude were on point. Tomorrow should be even more fun.

Today was insane at Alpine. Skied waist to chest deep untracked blower until last chair. Got the first line down Scott Chute and then focused on traversing off Scott for the rest of the day. Far skier’s right on the traverse off Scott (past Gentian Gully) was maybe the deepest/lightest combination of snow I’ve ever skied.

I also got the first track down Keyhole and that turned out to be a mistake. It had slid to VERY slick ice that was covered by 4 inches of blower so I couldn’t see the ice from above. Zero chance of holding an edge and I ended up sliding head first off a decent sized cliff. Somehow escaped with just a bruise and tracked down the first patroller I saw to warn them and suggest they close it.

my car is down so i am too mostly. got up yesterday to powderhouse and it was too deep. my less mountain savvy friend had a difficult time not falling and falling even away from tree wells was dangerous on a board. i followed and righted him several times. today no ride so shoveled a bit and built a kicker with a sprinter as the ramp
    the mailbox. it's there
    Name:  mailbox-1.jpg
Views: 862
Size:  250.0 KB

see. i told you
    Name:  mailbox-2.jpg
Views: 868
Size:  249.1 KB

bearbox
    Name:  bearbox-1.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  144.6 KB

with bear
    Name:  bearbox-2.jpg
Views: 838
Size:  194.7 KB

there's a tall sprinter under there

Name:	sprinter.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	407.1 KB 
ID:	270210

Name:  skis.jpg
Views: 883
Size:  232.4 KB
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Saw a guy with a lost ski post holing down under the gondola at the heave. It was near 4pm and he still had a while to go. He had a phone and already called his friends so we couldn’t do much to help, It was spooky deep out there.

That really sucks for him^^^^^ I was afraid that would be my situation a week or so ago at Mammoth. Thankfully, I found my ski and bailed for the day. Deep snow is scary shit for this jong.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Looks really good on the cams this AM. Enough cold snow to smooth it out.

As expected, traffic in knots in TC. Getting anywhere is gonna be a challenge. Who's at AM?
    Last edited by mcski; 02-18-2019 at 11:23 AM.

Worst Heave day ever, 2 and a half hours in the car from gardnerville and home again, and didn't even get to the lift. The Backcountry -- Exhibit 1.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneman View Post
    Worst Heave day ever, 2 and a half hours in the car from gardnerville and home again, and didn't even get to the lift...
    Wait, what???
    Today? Was Stagecoach/Boulder parking full?
    And CA then?
    Hafta show up early...
    Worst case? Pay at lot next to Gondi, get a coupla hours in?
    (Or. Visit pot shop. Grab a coffee. Park car. Waste time. Go back to see if parking has opened up from peeps heading back after long weekend?)
    Or you just being sarcastic somehow?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

could have been yesterday. power out in nv. cluster in cali
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

ALL parking at Mt.Rose full as of 11:30.
    On such a cold day, too. 7° now.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Name:	IMG_5208.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	270271

Finally got a picture. This for the past 2+ weeks.

Anyone seeing any sun affect today? Seems like the partly cloudyness has kept the sun damage to a minimum at Alpine so far

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    Wait, what???
    Today? Was Stagecoach/Boulder parking full?
    And CA then?
    Hafta show up early...
    Worst case? Pay at lot next to Gondi, get a coupla hours in?
    (Or. Visit pot shop. Grab a coffee. Park car. Waste time. Go back to see if parking has opened up from peeps heading back after long weekend?)
    Or you just being sarcastic somehow?

no, not sarcastic. just not good with crowds. a week of dawn patrol before work should set me right. apologies for the down vibe during an epic weekend/week/month/season.