Page 149 of 173 FirstFirst ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 4323
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Hey TeleK, think that photo is the 4th of july lake zone, not deadwood

Burly conditions on crescent!
    Corey Lochan in center. The face with the wet slides is mostly east facing, with a touch of south I believe. I also believe Deadwood is in part seen in the far left of the picture, Whatever, it is all looking so fat. Kind of bummed I never got out to Lochan this winter.

solid roof beta

the roof is on fire right now!
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

best part of the roof is that you can see the cooler - beer is close
    Like I told my last wife, I never drive faster than I can see, besides it's all in the reflexes.

so for the second time this year i took the dogs to fallen leaf lake to watch CHP or calstar or someone doing some sort of rescue work on tallac. last time it was john morrison in the hanging snowfield/central area this time they seemed to be focusing around the main face/babycham area. it seemed like about after 40 minutes (or longer this was going on when we arrived) they just left.
    anybody hear anything?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Deadwood was wind fucked on every aspect. Waited for half an hour and the wind never died down. Glad we had snow-mos to braap around on. Thanks for all the beta. It is super fat right now, but there is lots of loose-wet debris still. Might go back next week.

OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

Hey Court, they buzzed me and checked me out for awhile waiting for my line to soften, then yea hung out awhile looking in the cirque around the cross. They were mostly out of site over there for me but donít think anyone was actually rescued, quite day other wise on the great one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TahoeBC; 04-10-2019 at 07:15 PM.

we bailed on our rt>dw tour after seeing the kwood wind sensors holding steady at 50mph from the north and gnarbro just confirmed our fears. audibled to the west shore spring classic n found good soft spring snow on a supportable base. pack is locked up good on all aspects which was plenty welcome after the previous weeks schmoofest. we skied at 11:11 n i wouldnt have wanted to be any earlier but could have skied later

It was a good spring day at HV today...eventually.
    Stagecoach lot filled up by 11 ish tho
    Yeah it was sunny, but bloody frozen in am.
    So happy to find unexpected corn amongst trees between Olympic offload and E.Peak
    Leftover dust on crust some places skied good...untracked yo!
    They were even running North Bowl and Mott chairs.

Way more fun than expected.
    (A lot better than Monday at HV. Manky/sticky.
    KW was kinda ok yesterday, with snow and dust on crust, but poor viz, cold, and lightening closures, so...)

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1087.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	278011Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1198.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	278012

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Nice to see Tahoe so fat in April! Keep the stoke coming.

I wish I had more free time to tour like the rest of you kooks, but I'll take what I can get. Here's my Squaw stoke from last Saturday morning:

Ahhhhh, back to b&w? I was hoping after last week's color installment it might be your first step to using actual music

Flat light is tough to edit and get textures so b&w it is...sunshine makes everything better.

I have more issues w sunlight because I can't figure out how to keep everything from getting washed out. Way too much light getting in the lens. I should read the directions some day

Good news for those of you who were worried about the Squaw/Alpine gondola opening up the Buttress: https://www.sierrawatch.org/forest-s...dola-decision/

Interesting alignment. Looks like there will be a new chair on the backside of KT-22. Also looks like there will be a couple drop off points along the way.

Any advice on the optimum descent time for south-facing corn right now? Thanks in advance.

I'll likely be at Squaw or Alpine some this weekend with the kids and our newly minted Ikon passes, which I'll mostly likely regret purchasing as soon as an Audi Q8 needlessly cuts in front of me to steal a parking spot. Say hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamburello Rouge View Post
    Interesting alignment. Looks like there will be a new chair on the backside of KT-22. Also looks like there will be a couple drop off points along the way.
    I didn't even notice that. KT South. How could they not call it White Wolf after all of these years? Presumably that terrain would still be private, although the mid station stop at the bottom could be confusing.

I know a lot of folks are against it, but I have to admit I'd probably use that gondola a fair amount.

How in the world are they going to afford lifties to staff this gondola if they can't even run broken arrow or olympic lady most of the time? Will they just never run those again? Money hold on KT midweek? I'm assuming a gondola takes more staff too cause they'll need people to load skis at every station.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Good news for those of you who were worried about the Squaw/Alpine gondola opening up the Buttress: https://www.sierrawatch.org/forest-s...dola-decision/
    30+ towers. Fuck. I am guessing multiple towers between the KT alternates and the saddle. I've heard rumors of at least one in the middle of West Face. Sacrilege IMO.--Where ever they put them will be in the middle of prime advanced-expert terrain.
    Squaw can bullshit all they want about the gondola allowing people to ski both areas in a day but the real reason is so that the gapers staying in the village can get to the intermediate terrain at AM and all the locals that are forced to park at AM because there's no day parking at SV can get to SV.
    The only thing good I see coming from this would be if they allowed the public onto the Caldwell property--prime steep spring skiing, but I don't think that's in the plan. AFAIK the KT south lift is Caldwell's permitted private, limited use lift.
    All of this is speculation on my part.

White Wolf calls those towers/not-a-lift KT South: http://whitewolftahoe.com/peak-performance

Sierra Watch is SO happy about this result. Huh? It's like 400 yards over from the originally proposed line. I do'nt get it

oldgoat, based on the map, the alignment for Alternative 4 appears to run east (not west) of the Nose ridge. Looks like it'll cross KT just above the Fingers, go up Nose ridge, plant a tower on Coleman's, and then unload at that flat area between the top of 75 and the patrol shack.

On the plus side, maybe this means KT lines won't be as crushingly brutal on those lower mountain-only days. Yes, of course, it'll get tracked quicker, but I'd rather ski tracked on KT than stand in a liftline!

666, nice stoak. AKB on a chairlift?!? wtf??!! sweet pics gimpy, turx, powdork - thx
    sproing!

FS: 187 Praxis GPO with STH14 binders https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...TH-14-bindings

FS: crampons, lightweight winter down sleeping bag, and stuff https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ost?highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Tamburello Rouge View Post
    The midstations may not be load/unload. I think they are planning the Squaw side to be independent of the rest so they can try to run it on storm days. Also yeah with that alignment there is no way there wonít be towers somewhere along the west side of KT.

I recently heard a rumor Troy makes good money doing advertising photo shoots (like car companies) and having tracks on it ruins that for him. (Thatís totally barstool talk with a mildly reliable source).

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AKbruin View Post
    Any advice on the optimum descent time for south-facing corn right now? Thanks in advance.
    I got a late start and ended up skiing some nice south facing corn at 8000' around 1 pm. I'd probably try to be skiing by 11:00 or so tomorrow. North aspects and anything in shade were still quite frozen. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01544.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	278256.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    666, nice stoak. AKB on a chairlift?!? wtf??!! sweet pics gimpy, turx, powdork - thx
    I like chairlifts. It's crowds I'm not crazy about.

Quote Originally Posted by shakyknees View Post
    I got a late start and ended up skiing some nice south facing corn at 8000' around 1 pm. I'd probably try to be skiing by 11:00 or so tomorrow. North aspects and anything in shade were still quite frozen.
    Thanks!