Page 141 of 175 FirstFirst ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 4354
    was bout to be like wtf no ones skiing but meter man gets the save. unbelievable day for end of march. cool ambient temps and slight breeze kept all but the solar locked in blowtown. tomorrow should still be dank+++

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Free yer mind
    Attachment 276305
    Wish I could ski all day!

Met the Ski Boss before he dropped the bubbles. Very humble, very stoked, solid dude.
    Attachment 276306
    jelly!

my knee is acting super jacked the past few weeks. pulled the plug to ski with those guys (and their family) last weekend, was considering doing something today, but knee still weird (woulda been with ya!). hoping for something mellow with them and families saturday.

is telek gonna change his handle/alias?

Wobby - stoked you're digging those sticks!! Yeeeew!
    They are rad for the BC missions! Had my doubts about the swiss-cheese holes already in them, but they seem to be holding strong. Big thanks for the deal. Nice pics

Can confirm that today was good, snuck away for a couple laps this morning at Alpine. Probably my favorite sub-four hours of skiing all year! Nice cream cheesey snow with blue bird skies and cold temps. Surprisingly light for almost being April. And things are very very filled in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5425.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	276337

This line was a new one for me! Somehow managed to stick it.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 3.29.44 PM.png
Views: 591
Size:  617.6 KB

OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

Cream cheese spackle was definitely better than I expected. And about as filled in as it gets. The coverage on some features/areas may be even more than 10-11! High T delivered. It wouldn't break the fomo meter, but today was a nice surprise with how wet the storm started. I expect some quality wind buff tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    ^^ Had the same thoughts based on the few times I've met him around town in recent years. But don't tell anyone in the FWT thread.
    Hahaha it''s very touchy in there!

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    dank+++
    no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    jelly!

my knee is acting super jacked the past few weeks. pulled the plug to ski with those guys (and their family) last weekend, was considering doing something today, but knee still weird (woulda been with ya!). hoping for something mellow with them and families saturday.

is telek gonna change his handle/alias?
    whhaaa? get that knee healed!

telek can be telek forever in my book. I don't know anyone else who can stomp double-backies on broken bindings. Honestly, I think he'll get bored of alpine skiing. I mean, he rides at Sugar Bowl!

Quote Originally Posted by Wobby View Post
    They are rad for the BC missions! Had my doubts about the swiss-cheese holes already in them, but they seem to be holding strong. Big thanks for the deal. Nice pics
    Always fun meeting new mags in airport parking lots to do some deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Wobby View Post
    This line was a new one for me! Somehow managed to stick it.
    Gettin' WOBBY!
    sproing!

Bear Valley Resort was fabulous today. Opened Grizz bowl, west ridge and snow valley before 10am. Bluebird and the snow was ridiculously light, face shots all the way down Grizzley. Good job, BV.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    was bout to be like wtf no ones skiing but meter man gets the save. unbelievable day for end of march. cool ambient temps and slight breeze kept all but the solar locked in blowtown. tomorrow should still be dank+++
    That's because they were all at Powderhouse. It was the full junk show with a guy snowshoeing in the skintrack, dogs (TWO three-legged dogs, WTF?), and a snowboarder literally hit me while I was skinning in the track just after crossing the stream. I yelled at him and he just laughed...what a dick.

All of that aside, the snow was fantastic and I motivated for 7 glorious laps.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by climberevan; 03-28-2019 at 08:03 PM.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

KW delivered one of the best pow days with quality snow, few peeps, no lines after noon, and snuck in one final untracked line with the T Bar hike.

The Praxis Protests again delivered a stupid awesome day all over KW. KW + awesome snow + Protests = a deep March day to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    That's because they were all at Powderhouse. It was the full junk show with a guy snowshoeing in the skintrack, dogs (TWO three-legged dogs, WTF?), and a snowboarder literally hit me while I was skinning in the track just after crossing the stream. I yelled at him and I just laughed...what a dick.

All of that aside, the snow was fantastic and I motivated for 7 glorious laps.

hmmm. if you got in 7 laps i'm gonna go ahead and assume that you were skinning so fast you hit the snowboarder
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Tomorrow will be ok, but I expect that's about it
    yeah. it was ok

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    yeah. it was ok
    LOL. Ok day in the Sierra. lol. Smooth vid.

hmmm. if you got in 7 laps i'm gonna go ahead and assume that you were skinning so fast you hit the snowboarder
    Ha. I was still with the GF at the time...he was just maching down the skintrack and couldn't be bothered to yeild to uphill traffic, I guess. PH tests my patience sometimes, but the ease and quality of the terrain is tough to beat.

Seriously, though, 2 different 3-legged dogs in the backcountry in one day? What are the odds? (One of them was a Chihuahua being carried on a guy's chest in a kind of reverse backpack.)

ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    ...PH tests my patience sometimes, but the ease and quality of the terrain is tough to beat...
    Hence the reason everybody and their 3-legged dogs was there today...

FWIW, it started snowing again at my casa about 45-minutes ago...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

This site and teletips are the main reasons that PH have become so popular. Echo peak, too.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    This site and teletips are the main reasons that PH have become so popular. Echo peak, too.
    there's a lot of reasons. among them is that half of the aire classes are taught there

telek can be telek forever in my book. I don't know anyone else who can stomp double-backies on broken bindings. Honestly, I think he'll get bored of alpine skiing. I mean, he rides at Sugar Bowl!
    Home boy is a machine.

It’s kinda the reason i started teleing full time, to slow myself down after watching friends getting seriously hurt pushing our envelop. Kirkwood though, not SB.

OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

there's a lot of reasons. among them is that half of the aire classes are taught there
    Those just made it worst, IMO.

Trimmer and echo, too

Stayed wintery most everywhere above 8k. We picked up more than expected on the hill. Picked up a solid 3" during the Tahoe patrol races tonight. Winter?

yeah. it was ok
    Anti-jinx. You're welcome

At Donner lake and it's sticking on everything that isn't road. When I was driving up it was sticking (to non-roads) a little above 4000
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    Stayed wintery most everywhere above 8k. We picked up more than expected on the hill. Picked up a solid 3" during the Tahoe patrol races tonight. Winter?
    Pretty much everywhere. There are a lot more people doing it and many classes going out full every week.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E0073B9F-9C4D-4976-8DE7-5F0C608494D1.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	276361
    Creamy laps today.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Very nice dawn patrol this morning. Way more wintry than I thought. Cold leaving the car

Does anyone know if Rose is gonna spin wizard/galena into the evening? Planning to go up again after work but my beginner wife wants to join....

Squaw jammed today. Tried to sneak in a few lunch laps between meetings and it was a sh*tshow in the parking lot. Doesn't anybody work anymore?! (as I become part of the problem....)
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar