Page 84 of 175 FirstFirst ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 4354
    Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Thinking of heading out for the next cold dump this weekend. Time to get IKONIC like Colorado.

Am I fucking insane for weekend Squaw/Alpine storm chasing?
    squaw on the weekend? totally insane. bring skins.
    Hello darkness my old friend

Holy crap Squaw went off today. Really wasn't expecting anything but bam, bluebird deep deep deep. Patience paid off , but for once the pow lasted more than a half hour.

So Lincoln apparently had a mechanical issue in the AM (lifty seemed pretty stressed, so I think it was legit). Didn't spin until late morning (which is pretty normal on really big days). Spinning all afternoon, but not loading (which is less normal). We were eyeing it all day, but no dice.

Patrol threw a few charges on Lincoln late morning, but way fewer than I would've initially thought. Unlike Sunday when it sounded like a war zone all morning. Saw sluffs from ski cuts and a few windslab results in the Palisades but not super deep. Skied some of the slide chunder and it was soft and skied well actually. So soft, stable, rightside up, with seemingly mellowish windslabs. Patroller I chatted with said they were pleased with results.

Hit the rope drop into Sugar Bowl proper for a few super deep runs. Came back later and the chop was still skiing really well with how light it was. Cornice hucks were fun.

No Lincoln, Crows, or Judah today definitely makes me want to go tomorrow, but newer job and not enough PTO. Whoever is out tomorrow is stoked and a half.

Bring your big skis.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

tomorrow will be quit yer job good and is the setup we live for. thursday should be more of the same.

rode with kid in afternoon and while hes a better boarder in pow, its just too dangery. lots of stuck people today

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    No snow on Twin Peaks...bummer.
    Rare snow falls on San Francisco's Twin Peaks as California gets rare dusting

Only 6" overnight in Incline so got away early to Squaw, got 4th chair up Red Dog and it was a bit scary, was some of the deepest snow I've ever ski'd w/fat skis. Where you could find the steeps, it was glorious! Where it was lacking in pitch, it was a slog. Can't wait to do it again tomorrow.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F6F9AA16-5481-4BDF-92EC-2A9A6134226F.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	739.2 KB 
ID:	268348

flying into SFO from Hokkaido this morning, such a nice sight to come home to. Out of the frying pan..

Name:	20190206_041711.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	605.4 KB 
ID:	268354

screw you sideways phone upload

Speaking of Bay Area snow, woke up in the middle of the night and checked the radar, impressive amount of snow showing up there, when I worked down there always dug it when the hills got covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    tomorrow will be quit yer job good and is the setup we live for.
    Truth.

Cold temps and winds tonight, please.
    Still waiting...

OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

Heavenly delivered today but a bit of a shitshow. Caught Powderbowl for one lap before it broke and then headed down roundabout looking for stashes. Once Powderbowl was fixed and Sky popped, Nevada side delivered the goods. Snow was light but almost too deep for the flatter parts Heavenly. Coming back to California at the end of the day the weather was bluebird and the views were gorgeous.

Driving back on 50 out of SLT, saw a fairly big natural avalanche above the highway on Echo. At least a D2, maybe bigger.
    Last edited by hercule33; 02-06-2019 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    KW residents score. 6 open.
    Checked the thread specifically for this. Oh yeah! Wish it was me!
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

I need a pow vacation before my Fri japow vaca. Ugh this storm cycle is killing me not to ski.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Go fat, go steep, or go home.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Rider View Post
    I need a pow vacation before my Fri japow vaca. Ugh this storm cycle is killing me not to ski.
    You're going to Japan, I think you'll be fine. I'm pretty sure I'd be losing my mind missing the second half of this storm if I hadn't just gone to Hokkaido a few weeks ago.

Bring on the faceshots - and more importantly - pole plants, everyone.

Small lineup on six. Gonna be good day at wood.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Remember when it wasn't snowing in November and everyone was freaking out?

Haha

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I headed to Kirkwood yesterday, but when it was apparent 88 was not gonna open for a long while I hightailed it to Heavenly. Didn't get there until 10, I had no idea where to go (first time at the heav) and it was crowded, but I got a surprising amount of fresh tracks considering. Got onto Powderbowl, Canyon, and Sky just as each one opened. Beginners luck, I guess. Snow was deep but not-so-steep, couldn't lay hard into any turns for fear of getting stuck.

Dawn patrol this morning was blower. Duh. Very nice. Loving this weather

Winds changed significantly since yesterday so heads up. Definitely found wind loading on some unexpected aspects

Quote Originally Posted by pureshred View Post
    I headed to Kirkwood yesterday, but when it was apparent 88 was not gonna open for a long while I hightailed it to Heavenly. Didn't get there until 10, I had no idea where to go (first time at the heav) and it was crowded, but I got a surprising amount of fresh tracks considering. Got onto Powderbowl, Canyon, and Sky just as each one opened. Beginners luck, I guess. Snow was deep but not-so-steep, couldn't lay hard into any turns for fear of getting stuck.

You did well and lucked out by the fact that Powderbowl broke in the morning. On another note just by looking at gear you could tell that the majority of skiers at Heavenly yesterday usually skied Kirkwood. Never saw so so many Moments at Heavenly before.

Lost keys at powderhouse

I think I dropped a set of keys at powderhouse parking on Sunday pm (2/3/2019) attached to an orange aluminum mini-carabiner. If anybody happened to find them, I'd really appreciate it if you contacted me. I'd happy to pick them up and bring you a six pack or your preferred beverage! Thanks!

At Rose playing the waiting game for the chutes.

Name:	EA8B85C5-B873-459E-8B64-5FE4B2A30485.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	500.7 KB 
ID:	268429

Name:	774F5914-9EF1-47E3-B548-0AA10460ED9A.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	447.8 KB 
ID:	268432
    Took these from just on the other side of the closure. Nightmare looking very tempting. Got a bit of a North wind up here with some up slope snow. Cold!

Was a good day on NV side, got almost first in Milky Way and lots of nearly untracked in the woods. Angle was a problem sometimes. And gliding past the closed Mott gates was painful.

Good times yesterday w/ Clack, Metz and +1 lapping up the Enchanted Forest.

Here's the token "Hey it's 330pm and we've been skiing this nonstop all day without taking pictures so let's take a picture" picture (thanks Clack).

Name:	IMG_31431.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	203.2 KB 
ID:	268449

Ouch. Break out the skins...

Quote Originally Posted by SB Conditions Website
    12:45AM: At this time, it's looking very unlikely that Lincoln will open today. Lift maintenance will continue to work on the issue until the last possible moment and we will update if anything changes.
    11:39AM: Christmas Tree Express is now open.
    11:24AM Judah is now open.
    10:52AM: Maintenance issues continue to be troublesome on Christmas Tree and Mt. Lincoln. Rime ice and cold temperatures are causing significant delays. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    9:32AM Christmas Tree is on a maintenance hold.
    7:08AM: Nob, Tree, Disney and Jerome will open on-time. Lincoln shortly after. The team will then focus on digging out Judah, then Crow's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.