Page 98 of 175 FirstFirst ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 4354
    The tourists think they save the good stuff for the locals. The locals think they save the good stuff for the tourists.

^^^^perspective has no place here....
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The tourists think they save the good stuff for the locals. The locals think they save the good stuff for the tourists.
    Human nature
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Truckee just closed Skislope way end to end for 1-2 days due to snow. If you live up there hope you have plenty of food. Of course, Truckee has a proud history of cannibalism, so some of you will do fine. #bearsdon'teatpeoplepeopleeatpeople

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    I could not imagine a less accurate description of how rose handles their mountain. There is not a resort in tahoe that is better to passholders, imho. Am I pissed I can't ski today, yes. Am I pissed at Rose, fuck no. I was up at 4.45 for dawn patrol, then rose laps, and the road is closed.

Also how would tourists even get to rose tomorrow?
    I actually wouldn't be surprised if Rose lifted the blackout dates for this weekend for those of us who bought the restricted pass. They've done it before.

Or, if anyone at Rose is reading this, how about lifting the blackout if we buy next year's pass right now?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

So, if patrol shows up at coffeebar, is that a bad sign?
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by theetruscan View Post
    what is there todo in nevada city? damn

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Get drunk at Ol' Republic. They make some of the best beer in the world right now. Clouds of Jupiter, among others, is the shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Patrol can't get to coffeebar just yet- they're bartering with the plow drivers for snowblow gas.
    "if you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind..."

All the while, they are saving the good stuff for me. Looks like I’ll get inbound freshies Sunday afternoon. If they do their job right.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Mt Rose highway is closed, so the resort is closed. Otherwise, who knows?

The 1000+ lightning strikes yesterday would've made control work challenging. A coworker is dating a patrolled up there, who said lightning hit a lift tower near him, as he was preparing to throw a charge into the chutes. Bombs + lightning would make me retreat downhill pretty fast.
    They let patrol on the hill with explosives and active lightning strikes? That’s crazy. Is that SOP?

Sounds like everything is locked up. Good day for Peavine Laps!

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Get drunk at Ol' Republic. They make some of the best beer in the world right now. Clouds of Jupiter, among others, is the shit.
    Cosmic Flyby is amazingly tasty, too.

For those who like good beer and are stuck in Auburn, you "need" to hit up Moonraker Brewing. 'Nuff said.
    Kneedeep is around the corner, too.
    Plus Loomis Basin, down the hill in Loomis is also really good.
    And Out Of Bounds in Rocklin is solid.

Have yet to taste anything from Moksa or Crooked Lane, though.

Basically, one could do an amazing beer tour whilst stuck in the Auburn foothills...

PS
    A bunch of Oscar Bait is screening at the Onyx Theater, as well:
    http://theonyxtheatre.com/
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Rose closed already...
    ...just like they save the chutes for the late risers...
    Last spring, (non pow days, so no-one that interested), the Chutes opened at 10 every day, iirc.
    Closed at 3:30.
    Only so many 'trollers to do the work. It is not a Ginormaplex mountain.

Last night, on the cams, you could see groomers on Slide side, so they were expecting to open.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    They let patrol on the hill with explosives and active lightning strikes? That’s crazy. Is that SOP?
    I'm sure OSHA wouldn't be too stoked.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Scary! Not just an OSHA concern but that seems like it wouldn’t meet standards for whichever body certifies explosives handling.

I seem to remember Bob Comey at BTAC/JHMR in Jackson saying that they were able to cost justify the resort’s Gazex installations not on pure explosives cost but once you added In all the workman’s comp liability, ongoing certification costs and other human health risks it makes sense.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

For those thinking of going to Heavenly all lots except Boulder are full.

https://mobile.twitter.com/HVconditi...ft-status.aspx

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

This happened almost everywhere yesterday. The lightning didn't really start until after 8am, so obviously patrols at every mountain had already been there for a while.

I doubt Rose patrol went up to do control work knowing of lightning. I'd expect that once it started rumbling, patrol went down to the base ASAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    the Onyx Theater, as well:
    http://theonyxtheatre.com/
    That looks great. I took a lot of film in college. Heavy themes. Wish I had a local art film place

Headed down 50, photo as of noon today, just west of silver fork, traffic stopped in both directions for a bit now, I’d be rethinking plans on trying to head to Tahoe this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t weathersplain on my rain parade
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

I wonder if they could use all this snow to build The Wall.

has anybody gone to the longboard races? has anybody competed? what was it like? http://www.plumasskiclub.org/pdf/lb19.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by theetruscan View Post
    what is there todo in nevada city? damn

here's a few: ol republic brewery. three forks is good, too. ike's quarter cafe is good for lunch. new moon is the fancy place. grass valley brewing company in downtown gv. take a walk along the south yuba: drive north on 49, park at the crossing (parking lot), cross old bridge (pedestrian), walk on trail that goes upstream. after a mile, that trail descends down to the river. or drive down pleasant valley road (paved road) to Bridgeport. it's the crossing west of the highway 49 bridge. and take a walk there. the river is high but not raging.

OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

Longboard races are super fun. I’ve competed. Plumas Eureka is great.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

But not the other direction. They try to keep I80 EB open at Truckee so they can send cars and trucks towards Reno to decompress the Truckee gridlock.
    Got the bright idea to go out to dinner last night but the Donner Lake intersection was clogged with stuck trucks. I wish they'd build a giant parking lot at the Ag Station and truck inspection station to get cars and trucks stranded when 80 closes off the road.
    Good to know. Where do they start turning you around? Donner Lake interchange? Western exit for Donner Pass Road?