Page 95 of 175 FirstFirst ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 4354
    nice Job!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Anyone have a voucher for Heavenly they are willing to give away? I've got old friends from the east who are going to be in town next week and skiing there. Would love to join them for a day and guide them around; but I don't want to pay 50% window price.

Also looking for someone who may want to side country and/or tour off of Chair 4 next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Anyone have a voucher for Heavenly they are willing to give away? I've got old friends from the east who are going to be in town next week and skiing there. Would love to join them for a day and guide them around; but I don't want to pay 50% window price.

Also looking for someone who may want to side country and/or tour off of Chair 4 next week.
    Yes to both ottime but not full comp just a SWAF I won't be back from Japan till 20th though.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

7:00 am weather report, dumping rain in Christmas valley, 34 degrees and snowing hard on Luther pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Rider View Post
    Yes to both ottime but not full comp just a SWAF I won't be back from Japan till 20th though.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the SWAF offer, but I get a $82 ticket with my KW pass. Hoping to beat that price.

I'm around through the 22nd. Need to be in San Jose to pick the family up from the airport that evening. If you feel up for a backside tour after getting off the plane, I'm up for it. All my regular side country tour partners have fled Vail.

Was raining at 7.7k last night but turned to snain. Bad flooding all over town

Ottime- that option I pm’d u bout last year is still on.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Dumping wet snow in KB but supposed to change to rain later. Could be a good morning on the mountain if any lifts are spinning.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Drove to work over luther pass today. Nuking wet snow. Roads are already dicey

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Caught first chair on Roundhouse. Definitely a you don’t know unless you go situation. Surprisingly fun creamy bottomless snow for the first hour but it’s getting heavier every lap. There’s about 20-30 people here, maybe.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9560.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	269510

Fucking roof avalanches...

Name:	IMG_9553.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	269511
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

The next door neighbor has a steep steel roof that drops down to a much flatter roof over the side porch--like a ski jump. The roof unloads well into our yard--it used to hit our propane tank before we got NG--and sometimes it hits the back wall of our house, where the main panel is. Last summer he installed snow brakes--just lots of little V's--on the flat part and so far his roof hasn't shed once. We'll see what this rain on top of the big snow load does, but so far so good.

"Hey Honey, I've got a great idea, let's have our architect friend right here in the bay area design our ski house!"
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Before this storm, Reno NWS was advising people to clear roofs, gutters, and drain areas of snow. There was 24-30" of snow on my roof, some parts of which are 3 stories above the ground, and all of it is concrete tile. I'm not touching any of that...

Woke up this morning to find my gutters nicely melted out, draining properly, and what I'm sure is a much heavier/denser snowpack up on the roof.

Windy and snaining outside now, with some thick slushy sludge on the driveway. Hoping for some moderate warming today to help clear off that sludge before it freezes solid tonight or tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    "Hey Honey, I've got a great idea, let's have our architect friend right here in the bay area design our ski house!"
    Metal roof sloping down to the front of garage = worst snow country design ever and dangerous to boot.

I’m worried about my friends place at KW. There was three foot plus still up there when I left Monday afternoon. Snowing up there now, with maybe rain later. Shit is gonna get heavy. Hoping it slides before things warm up again. Luckily his place was not designed by a BA architect. Snow slides in all the right directions and never blocks and entrance or walkway.

My son really wanted to jump off the second story deck. We had a long talk about hang fire and where not to walk around the house. Let alone be up to your neck in powder.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Metal roof sloping down to the front of garage = worst snow country design ever and dangerous to boot.
    A two story house in our neighborhood has a metal roof that always slides right above their front door. Not sure if it slid before it was metal, but the design is the most predictable awful thing ever. They can't even go out thru that door most winters because the debris pile gets so big

Cal Trans is currently controlling Echo. Seems like they're going to have a few more very busy days/nights.

Rain-to-snain-to-snow and back again a few times today in Meyers.

“Can he design it to hit the back walls?”
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

It’s ridiculous how many houses around here have that problem. Eventually we’re going to do an addition and have a gable end over the garage / driveway. Sucks in the meantime though! Knew it would be a problem when we bought it but definitely underestimated what a pain in the ass it is.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

From as good as it gets to as wet as it gets. Looks like the snow line is above 9000 currently.
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    It’s ridiculous how many houses around here have that problem. Eventually we’re going to do an addition and have a gable end over the garage / driveway. Sucks in the meantime though! Knew it would be a problem when we bought it but definitely underestimated what a pain in the ass it is.
    Did you keep your snowblower?

Nothing you people don’t know about, but cool screen grab for your scrap book. Good tidings and have a blast.

Name:	831DB799-95FA-44E8-A33A-DF011AD74751.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	652.2 KB 
ID:	269561

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Thanks for the SWAF offer, but I get a $82 ticket with my KW pass. Hoping to beat that price.

I'm around through the 22nd. Need to be in San Jose to pick the family up from the airport that evening. If you feel up for a backside tour after getting off the plane, I'm up for it. All my regular side country tour partners have fled Vail.
    1/2 off vouchers here
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Sugarbowl was great today until it wasn’t. Disney almost on time no line up, first chair. As it got warmer Lincoln opened and the upper elevation was colder and deeper. Called it about 12:30. Definitely a skigee day, but untracked every lap. Sluff moving around enough to take your feet out if you were not faster than it. Photo of last Lincoln lap.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2026.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	269564
    Drink to remember not to forget!
    Fourisight Wines

2" of H2O and 5" of snow since 10 pm last night @ 8,500 ft @ Heavenly.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Did you keep your snowblower?
    Haven't sold it, but waiting for the plow service.... still. There's been a solid (and I do mean *solid*) 8-10 inches of snowfall since early this morning so getting a little annoyed. We'll see. Edit: and of course they came within minutes of my bitching. If it keeps snowing, though, starting to wonder where else to put snow?
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 02-13-2019 at 05:53 PM.