Page 126 of 175 FirstFirst ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 4354
    A bit hard with kids, not a but.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    jimw, WINNER! lol. Great stoke post too.

G2A: good words on Hot Wheels, the most talked-about crappy lift that 6 year old girls think is lame and flat and boring but mcski loves for some reason
    I laughed

Slightly off topic, but for the locals (and those weekend warriors who happen to be in the area at the time), there are some interesting and solid live music shows popping up in the next several days...and, c'mon, y'all know that you love good music as much as you dig riding fresh pow and drinking 16oz of craft brew-ha-ha.

TWRP
    Tues 3/12 @ The Holland Project, Reno
    These guys look like a PG-13 version of GWAR if Weird Al wore a costume and was the lead singer.

Atmosphere
    Sat 3/16 @ Cargo, Reno
    The duo of Slug and Ant are easily one of the greatest rap groups of the past 20 years, imho.

Mike Doughty
    Sun 3/17 @ The Saint, Reno
    The Soul Coughing frontman will be playing Ruby Vroom in its entirety.

Black Mountain
    Wed 3/20 @ Jub Jub's, Reno
    Quasi-Zeppelin/Deep Purple/and other '60s & '70s inspired combo from Canada that drop killer prog and folk-infused hard rock.

MURS
    Wed 4/17 @ Jub Jub's
    Another great and often underrated MC.
    Last edited by dookey67; 03-08-2019 at 08:53 AM.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Nice spot for your first turn of the year j dub.

Thx for the post Dookey. Would love to see mike doughty

Looking for beta from today... what opened up top at Squaw and Alpine?

I assume everything (including the Lincoln traverse over towards Silver Belt, etc.) opened at Sugar Bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Looking for beta from today... what opened up top at Squaw and Alpine?

I assume everything (including the Lincoln traverse over towards Silver Belt, etc.) opened at Sugar Bowl?
    All lifts (sans ABC) eventually opened at Alpine today...Scott, Sherwood and Lakeview around 1130 and Summit around 1. Even Roundhouse did not open until 940. The snow was definitely pretty slabby. I didn't stick around for the upper lifts after a lap over through Deer Camp and Lower High Yellow revealed that everything had slid big time. Maybe a little settle and freeze will help places out that did not get all chundered up today.
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Slightly off topic, but for the locals (and those weekend warriors who happen to be in the area at the time), there are some interesting and solid live music shows popping up in the next several days...and, c'mon, y'all know that you love good music as much as you dig riding fresh pow and drinking 16oz of craft brew-ha-ha.

TWPR
    Tues 3/12 @ The Holland Project, Reno
    These guys look like a PG-13 version of GWAR if Weird Al wore a costume and was the lead singer.
    I could swear the lead singer from TWPR looks like he could be your brother Dooks.
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

Quote Originally Posted by gone2alpine View Post
    All lifts (sans ABC) eventually opened at Alpine today...Scott, Sherwood and Lakeview around 1130 and Summit around 1. Even Roundhouse did not open until 940. The snow was definitely pretty slabby. I didn't stick around for the upper lifts after a lap over through Deer Camp and Lower High Yellow revealed that everything had slid big time. Maybe a little settle and freeze will help places out that did not get all chundered up today.
    I see what you're doing here. Much colder tonight... ;-)

lol, Northstar...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WeatherStory1.png 
Views:	133 
Size:	799.3 KB 
ID:	273011

Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    lol, Northstar...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WeatherStory1.png 
Views:	133 
Size:	799.3 KB 
ID:	273011
    I guess Northstar’s leeward north facing summit snow stake is paying off. Also, how did Homewood get more snow than Alpine this year but less than Squaw?

Alpine being nearly 100 inches less than Squaw despite a higher base elevation is pretty comical as well. But Northstar is just a fucking joke at this point. They’re the new Breck.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

So let’s get this straight, Homewood got more snow than Alpine, Sugar Bowl, Kirkwood, Sierra and Boreal this season. Northstar got more snow than Kirkwood, Sierra, Alpine, and Boreal. And like TahoeJ said Squaw magically got more than 100” than Alpine this season, although as an Alpine fan I have no problem with that report . With science having no impact on the numbers, let’s just say Alpine got 200” this season, Sugar Bowl got 175” and Kirkwood got 150”. Powderhounds go ski Northstar.

OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

Other thing I noticed... does Mammoth really get almost twice as much snow as June? I know they get more and are higher elevation, but they’re pretty close by and 626 vs 338 seems insane.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

This was needed here.

Name:  IMG_7427.JPG
Views: 559
Size:  143.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by hercule33 View Post
    So let’s get this straight, Homewood got more snow than Alpine, Sugar Bowl, Kirkwood, Sierra and Boreal this season. Northstar got more snow than Kirkwood, Sierra, Alpine, and Boreal. And like TahoeJ said Squaw magically got more than 100” than Alpine this season, although as an Alpine fan I have no problem with that report . With science having no impact on the numbers, let’s just say Alpine got 200” this season, Sugar Bowl got 175” and Kirkwood got 150”. Powderhounds go ski Northstar.
    Homewood does say that is the summit amount on their website and only report 251” on the season at the base.

I dunno how much snow anyone got. I'll be out tomorrow testing the snow at Kirkwood and nearby. Would be happy to have a lab partner if anyone want to go count the inches in thunder bowl. Speaking of which, has anyone seen v.tree recently? Bet pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I dunno how much snow anyone got. I'll be out tomorrow testing the snow at Kirkwood and nearby. Would be happy to have a lab partner if anyone want to go count the inches in thunder bowl. Speaking of which, has anyone seen v.tree recently? Bet pics?
    V Tree looked $$$ a few weeks ago and Thunderbowl skied really well.

As in life, it all depends where and how you measure...
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Other thing I noticed... does Mammoth really get almost twice as much snow as June? I know they get more and are higher elevation, but they’re pretty close by and 626 vs 338 seems insane.
    Strangely, that figure isn't all that surprising. I would ordinarily guess 60/40 split, but June gets substantially less snow than Mammoth. Very very strong precip gradient down there. Looked on the Google, yep - June claims 250/yr average. ETA: even stronger gradient than I guess - Mammoth claims 400/yr.

Northstar...LOFL for real.

BA (I think) put together a post a while ago about where resorts measure. IIRC, Squaw measures at 8200. Alpine dunno. Northstar measures 600 vertical feet above their summit.
    Last edited by meter-man; 03-08-2019 at 12:51 AM.
    sproing!

Alpine used to have a plot mid mountain, in the trees, on a bench that is the bottom o one of the upper bowls. Above the Sisters I think. Alway thought it was great spot to measure the snow.

How is inflating your snow totals any different than giving runs multiple names to inflate the number of trails a mountain has?

In regards to June vs Mammoth snow totals, I know in years past June has closed sometimes as early as April when Mammy stayed open until June (ironic?)...methinks it would be a combo of not enough snow (their base is pretty low and melts out much quicker than the higher mountain) and not enough visitors?
    Purely surmising on my part, though.

Quote Originally Posted by gone2alpine View Post
    I could swear the lead singer from TWPR looks like he could be your brother Dooks.
    I may have misled you. The guy in the TWRP video is not the lead singer (to the best of my knowledge). The band members wear masks and costumes (hence my reference to GWAR):

http://www.scope-mag.com/2015/08/tup...ilate-boredom/

Name:  61b47f37eadcf23686d753b85690e512.jpg
Views: 846
Size:  120.7 KB

"Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Northstar measures 600 vertical feet above their summit.
    ?
    Only snow/weather site I've noticed at NS is in Grouse Alley trees, over by the Powder Bowl cat-track.
    Heading there today, actually.
    Yes, AM measure site is atop 3 Sisters drop in.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

BA (I think) put together a post a while ago about where resorts measure. IIRC, Squaw measures at 8200. Alpine dunno. Northstar measures 600 vertical feet above their summit.
    hahahah +1 for the Nstar comment.

In all actuality, in regards to the Alpine and Squaw split, I did notice that earlier in the year Squaw was seeming pretty filled in while parts of Alpine didn't have very much snow. I know that seems weird, but theres never been that much of a difference in the past -making me think that they do measure it legitimately.

We had a bunch of earlier storms that pounded Sugar Bowl and Donner summit, but skipped the rest of the lake. Maybe the storm track was just right (from NW) to dump the clouds over squaw and leave less precip. for Alpine? IDK

Alpine has a few different snow stakes.
    The Sisters
    Sherwood
    One near the top of roundhouse
    And the base area weather station.
    The base area one is the reported data.
    I am not sure about squaw but it sounds like a mid Mountain snow stake.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Anyone in the south lake area who’d mount some sticks for me? I deal in beer or cash

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums