Page 174 of 175 FirstFirst ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 LastLast
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 4354
    Nice to bump into you today Spats...!
    (he looks just the same, btw)

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

So... my family has ikon base passes to compliment our KW pass this coming year. We will mostly still ski KW during the winter, but plan to hit up Squaw/Alpine late winter and early spring. Maybe even try a mid winter day if we get a low coverage year and all the BA folks bail on winter.

Any recs for lodging on the north shore? We have an 8 year old, so need at least room for thee horizontal bodies. We are not dentist, so in valley, and most of Truckee is out of our budget typically. Unless ya got a hook up.

Would love to show my son Alpine, and while he has been to Squaw, never before late April. It is a totally different place when there is snow on the golf course.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Talking to Mrs L2S about a month either at Mammoth (April 2020) or Tahoe (March 2020). Longer drive to Tahoe for sure. Is AM/Squaw just to much of a shit show now because of the Ikon hoards? She likes Tahoe more than Mammoth, but I think skiing at Mammoth (weekdays) may be less crowded. What do you guys think? And thanks.
    do both, Stay at either and make some road trips. For Tahoe skiing - FUCK SQUAWPINE

Do some days @ Homeywood Mt Rose Diamond Peak. You would not be sorry.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    do both, Stay at either and make some road trips. For Tahoe skiing - FUCK SQUAWPINE

Do some days @ Homeywood Mt Rose Diamond Peak. You would not be sorry.

I was gonna suggest the same thing, but guessing educatedly that L2S and the Mrs. have IKON passes given that Mammoth is their "home" mountain...

And c'mon, MTT, givin' away all the secret stashes. At least you didn't hype SB, SS, and DSR.

"Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

^^^^ MTT, I have a Ikon pass and I do really like to ski AM. Love Mt Rose, but why pay when I have the pass? I may hit Sugar Bowel, as I have never been there. Ottime, I will pm you if we stay in Tahoe as we are looking at a big place for the two of us. Your family would have to like big wolfy dogs though.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Was just going to check in here to ask who is going to start the 19/20 thread and when?

Then I read some of the recent posts. L2S and Ottime (and all), the new MrsSinecure and I are moving to Tahoe full time in November. I just told my boss, so now I can post about it here (my boss is Otto Parts). We're seriously considering AirBnBing a couple of the rooms in our house to help fund the relocation - and because we like people. We'd probably be open to some sort of short term (long term by AirBnB standards) folks in the spring. I'm not looking to rent any rooms for a full-time housemate though.

We bought a house in Alpine two seasons ago when the availability of ski leases tanked. We've been loving it and finally made the decision this summer to make it a permanent arrangement.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
    Was just going to check in here to ask who is going to start the 19/20 thread and when? ...
    Dooood!!!?
    You've been here long enough to know better than to start the eventual argumental shit storm of what constitutes a new season!

That said, it is still 18/19 as far as I am concerned. For me, new, skiable/rideable snow = new season.

Then again, last/this year's thread was started at the end of August and the season is still going (i.e. still lottsa snow on CP, Mt. Lola, and elsewhere.

Dunno what that says to those who are superstitious...

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Dooood!!!?
    You've been here long enough to know better than to start the eventual argumental shit storm of what constitutes a new season!

That said, it is still 18/19 as far as I am concerned. For me, new, skiable/rideable snow = new season.
    Didn’t you say it snowed a fresh coating on rose? How many inches needed for the new season to begin? We need answers.

My son loves big dogs. Nice on the life change Sincure. Will be in touch with the both of ya as this season pans out. When it officially starts.

NPAC is starting to spin off storms, so that is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Didn’t you say it snowed a fresh coating on rose? How many inches needed for the new season to begin? We need answers.

My son loves big dogs. Nice on the life change Sincure. Will be in touch with the both of ya as this season pans out. When it officially starts.

NPAC is starting to spin off storms, so that is good.
    Snowbrains is basically saying 19/20 season started 9/10.
    https://snowbrains.com/tahoe-first-snow-yesterday/

I disagree with them, though.

For me, the new snow has to 1. Stick around, not melt away right after it falls and 2. Be skiable/rideable.

Tuesday's brief snow fall did not meet either of those parameters.

That said, whatever app Powdork uses to track his snow days already started the 19/20 season like 2 weeks ago.

Somebody needs to track down Racoonface. He'd know what to do!

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Dooood!!!?

I concur.

Only RacconFace is qualified to make the call

Make a thread on here and pocket the commission difference

I wish I had a choice but oftpiste.org says it changed on September 1 and .org so you know it’s for real. And it’s the only possible way I’ll get 100 days this year so I’m going with it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50E11CEC-1C32-4C05-BE2C-68F351A55FD7.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	736.4 KB 
ID:	294066
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

I think the debate on when to start the new thread is officially dead. Last year we started it WAY early, got off to a slow start, then had one of the best seasons ever. Jinxes, reverse jinxes, whatever - all out the window at this point.

Congrats to you guys all moving...

Maybe It would have been a much better season if Irul hadn’t jinxed it. Did ya think of that?!?!

Was gonna go patch skiing today. Checked the forecasts for Mt. Lola, Castle Peak, and Carson Pass. All said high winds and rain-turning-to-snow. Add to that lower temps overnight (which would equate to crusty, boilerplate-styled suncups) and I decided to bag on hiking/skiing as I didn't want to summit one of those spots and then get hit with wind and rain and shitty patch conditions.
    Of course when I woke up today things were clear as a sunny day and my skiing buddy and I thought perhaps we had bailed prematurely.
    Then it began raining around 10 am.
    Now it has turned to thick, gloppy snow at my abode (≈ 6500 elevation) and some of this sludge is actually sticking to the ground, deck, and roads.
    Gotta imagine that it's coming down more congealed and consistent in texture (i.e. more like real snow) at higher elevations.
    If somebody is able to ride/ski this today or tomorrow, I say it's on for 19/20...

Also there's more rain-turning-into-snow forecast for later in the week...

Now it has turned to thick, gloppy snow at my abode (≈ 6500 elevation) and some of this sludge is actually sticking to the ground, deck, and roads.
    Gotta imagine that it's coming down more congealed and consistent in texture (i.e. more like real snow) at higher elevations....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190916-125426_NVRoads.jpeg 
Views:	54 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	294237

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Brockway summit got the snow. Cutoff for those still running the ultra is 2pm. Tough stuff!

I did shoe ski a little with my bald tennis so I guess it’s time for somebuddy to consider the factors and weigh the options before precisely coordinating the
    LEEEERROOOOOY JEEENNKKIIIINNS!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Does this mean we can start the 19/20 thread?

Name:	AlpineMeadowsBaseCam_2019-09-16_1-23pm.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	574.7 KB 
ID:	294242
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

[QUOTE=Sinecure;5756322]Does this mean we can start the 19/20 thread?

Hell its snowing at my house in south lake, it's the new season as far as I'm concerned, and welcome back

Name:	9_16_2019_crop.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	272.5 KB 
ID:	294247

Name:  9_16_2019_2_crop.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  139.5 KB

Name:	9_16_2019_3_crop.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	266.3 KB 
ID:	294249

More excited about the next few days of mountain biking!

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Hell its snowing at my house in south lake, it's the new season as far as I'm concerned, and welcome back
    Once I see pix of Gimpy shredding Kingsbury Grade today, then I'll concur...

Snow at my pad is already melting and disappearing.

[QUOTE=TahoeBC;5756350]
    Does this mean we can start the 19/20

More excited about the next few days of mountain biking!

Not unless it’s sticks and is skiable.

Yes MTB for the tacktical win

I completely CONCUR! It is the new Tahoe season --- the Tahoe Brown Pow season - in session from mid-September until November 30th this year, 7 days a week.

Adios, Tahoe Moondust season! Hello good times!!
    sproing!