Page 80 of 175 FirstFirst ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 4354
    Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Bob, thanks for saying hey. Would've chatted for a minute if I wasn't loading little guys one the chair *right* then.
    Heh, yeah, the liftie gave me a dirty look. And way to go getting the kids out there in full conditions!

Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    I know this is the wrong thread, but June is reporting 98" for the storm so far and 72" in 24 hours. Picture from friends in June confirm tunneling-to-front-door amounts.

Commute home was super smooth. Who do I thank? Stooper Bowl? NWS warnings? Bay Area folk for staying home? CalTrans?

Snowblower pull cord broke though...
    Word!

First time I ever saw fat skis in use was at June on the face. I was literally pushing my way down the face on skinny 204 skis, nipple deep.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    Currently holed up at Hope Valley Sno Park drinking beer and anticipating the next few days of glory.
    Hell yeah, good spot to be holed up. Jealous big time.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    from the article

and this
    Attachment 268035
    the associated text says "Road Closure - North Upper Truckee closed until midnight

I would add Mandan to the list

Honestly it seems in these apps' best interest to have this info cause sending people these wayz just makes the apps look bad too.
    The Closure on North upper truckee showed up on google maps but not Waze yesterday, both Apps routed me that way yesterday even with the electronic closure when I was trying to get to xmas valley, in the end I just waited till after 6pm and it was smooth sailing.

Gimpy playing it by ear right now, will let ya know, even though I've been skiing again for the last 2 weeks, I was doing a kickturn to get out a a tight spot recently from a standing stop and my knee just buckled and I had to limp home. Feeling better today so I might do a test run today to see how things are going,

In other news seems the main front is moving though now and its dumping hard with nice light snow, cleared the hot tub less than an hour ago and it has close to 4 inches of accumulation already and there Carpet bombing Echo right now
    Last edited by TahoeBC; 02-04-2019 at 08:27 AM.

Squaw reporting 2 feet in the last 24 hours. Damn. I'm starting to think Wednesday is going to be the day and not Tuesday, at least for Squawlpine. They will probably want to give all of this snow (especially after today / tonight) an extra day to settle in certain zones.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Squaw reporting 2 feet in the last 24 hours. Damn. I'm starting to think Wednesday is going to be the day and not Tuesday, at least for Squawlpine. They will probably want to give all of this snow (especially after today / tonight) an extra day to settle in certain zones.
    Ya bro. You know squaw is not going to open jack shit with all this snow. They aren't that hardcore. Fuck squaw

There's about 6" on the deck here in South Lake this morning.

More than a foot overnight at 6550 in Alpine Meadows. Winds have been crankin all night. Northstar is gonna start the day with Comstock on wind hold for anyone planning on going over that way.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxSquaw View Post
    Ya bro. You know squaw is not going to open jack shit with all this snow. They aren't that hardcore. Fuck squaw
    I'm going to assume this is a sarcastic post making fun of the bitching and FuxSquaw is an alias, because 3 Squaw and Alpine patrollers have died in the last 10 years so that your miserable ass can ski, which seems pretty hard core to me.
    Last edited by old goat; 02-04-2019 at 05:02 PM.

Rose and KW closed for the day

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post

Not Squaw--still First Venture chair and a couple of carpets. Any kids out today are pretty core IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Not Squaw--still First Venture chair and a couple of carpets. Any kids out today are pretty core IMO.
    I remember the AlpineMeadows motto from a coupla seasons ago. The big dump.
    *The carpets will run"

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

What an awesome storm. Excellent tree skiing all day yesterday!

Just for fun, our northern Sierra Nevada snow line rise paper was even cited in a NYT article on climate change and skiing yesterday! Also, hadn't posted this here yet, but our snow line, snow drought, and change in start of snow year papers were recently discussed in this Climate.gov article.

Storm stoke:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4830.jpg 
Views:	647 
Size:	946.7 KB 
ID:	268081

Heav has Canyon firing

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post

Drove past Rose at 8 am today. Very tough driving. I would not attempt that going home today. Spooner summit hopefully is a lot better.

what are the chances that squaw or alpine will be running anything on tuesday? is wednesday more likely?

Quote Originally Posted by draymondgreen69 View Post
    what are the chances that squaw or alpine will be running anything on tuesday? is wednesday more likely?
    Pretty good chance lower mountain opens (KT, Red Dog, Squaw Creek) but upper mtn such as Headwall and Granite Chief doesn't open due to avalanche mitigation (i.e. bombing). Silverado definitely won't open till Wednesday or even Thursday.

At least that's my guess...
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Quote Originally Posted by draymondgreen69 View Post
    My guess is the upper mountains will be open Tuesday but a lot of terrain will be closed (no Beaver at Alpine) and/or lifts like Granite Chief / Headwall won't be spinning yet. Alpine is likely a better bet than Squaw. Except for KT of course.

80 closed from Colfax to Stateline in both directions as of an hour ago.

Edit: also, Draymond, as a Warriors fan I don't really want you skiing during the NBA season.
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 02-04-2019 at 01:26 PM.

Arriving in Reno at Noon tomorrow. We can ski free at Squaw with the fly and ski free deal. Rose is $68 (2 for Tuesday) but a shorter drive and perhaps less people. We have AWD and are staying on Donner Lake. If roads suck, it's off to the slots. WWYD?

Report from Squaw 12pm ish: Picked up 2 feet overnight of dry cold snow. Didn't really start accumulating at base until after 11pm last night. Really windy, snowing hard now. Doubt anything will open today, and I assume KT only tomorrow unless winds die down. 20 foot drifts reported on ridge lines according to some patrol buddies. Wed will be delayed for upper mountain, they need to plow roads to get the lifts, etc. I say everything upper mountain for sure Thurs, hopeful Wed (if storm tapers tues afternoon and they can start moving around). Be patient, this is a big one and will take a while to dig out.
    "He thinks the carpet pissers did this?"

Been dumping all day in the shire. Really windy too, especially for down low it must be insane on the crest.

Thinking Wednesday or maybe Thursday might be the call unless this let's up soon...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hope Valley report: sustained 30mph SW winds with gusts since late last night. About 12" in the lot this am, and it's now refilling at a moderate pace. We're trying to motivate to go for a skin, but conditions are kind of gnarly....

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Heavenly morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Heavenly morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Looks slufftastic!
    In a good way.

As all Y'all get ready for what is to be an epic Wednesday/Thursday deep day, my side hustle work is trying something new and it has a little relevance to the traffic/Parking bitching thread of this year:https://shop.sportsbasement.com/products/tahoe-ski-bus