Page 27 of 175 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Resurrect a Raccoon Face Based thread now before it's too late!

This season is turning out pretty damn fine so far...and the December outlooks continue to look promising. Despite the fact that I can't find satellite images, or the best hamburger in SLT, or traffic on Hwy 49...maybe we all should look to the impertinence of irulublo as an anti-jinx?
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

Dood started a great thread, to bad he checked out on us. Raising my glass to RF, miss you man.

ok bye
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by gone2alpine View Post
    This season is turning out pretty damn fine so far...and the December outlooks continue to look promising. Despite the fact that I can't find satellite images, or the best hamburger in SLT, or traffic on Hwy 49...maybe we all should look to the impertinence of irulublo as an anti-jinx?
    Agreed, bad start but it’s just now December and I’m pretty stoked. Late November last year was awesome (nov 27 at KW was easily my best first day ever) but it was bone dry after that until March.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

POW lot was looking pretty empty from what I could see from the lifts today.

Anybody head up to 7-11 today? Assuming still low tide at the bottom. Top half worth it?

OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    Ahahahaha...actually that’d be helpful
    Squaw was great today. I almost didnt go, but then it was phenomenal for early season. No parking problems, soft snow all day, some untracked, and most importantly my boots felt/ski better with new liners lol. I’m hoping we get next weekend too, before the wave of people begins. Phat chance. We keep talking about how good it is, they all gonna come up!
    Last edited by Betelgeuse; 12-01-2018 at 10:43 PM.

KW was pretty good today for 12/1, Patrol said 6 closed bc the ramp got mangled but people heard sirens and whispered the a word lots of slough this morning. When 10 finally popped got to ski the skiers left of the bullwheel, a rare treat. Great free food and desserts at awards show too. Returning manana.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Rider View Post
    KW was pretty good today for 12/1, Patrol said 6 closed bc the ramp got mangled but people heard sirens and whispered the a word lots of slough this morning. When 10 finally popped got to ski the skiers left of the bullwheel, a rare treat. Great free food and desserts at awards show too. Returning manana.
    I was on a lift with someone who said a ski patroller ski cut a slope above their party, which slid about 6 inches deep, knocking him off his feet. Patroller said “look out”! So careful of possible slide activity even inbounds.

I know you skied Tamarack today. I was stuck on day 6 with 2 kids while my wife is at a conference in Chicago. The 7-year-old shreds and was bummed about missing the NW groomers at Rose. The 2-year-old shreds Peppa Pig on the YouTube app. So we all shredded Pine State Biscuits' fried chicken/bacon/gravy/egg biscuit sandwich.

I wish I was on the skinner followed by cruiser groomer laps.

Someone did it today though.

Post pics for vicarious living.

Damn obligations. At least took a few laps down the bunny slope. Proud papa moment was having a 3yr old hooked on the pow pow. He kept needing to ski it. Super cold light snow and he quite enjoyed it. Snow looked fun! Did some good human being stuff this afternoon. Yahoos PARKED and WALKING from past the mf Dam again. Yes past the spillway and past the Dam in fucking ski boots. If Kirkwood could just figure out a decent marketing program this mountain could be open significantly past APRIL 8. WTF.
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

The parking areas were full, but no one wanted to walk an hour on the flats, as usual.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15438019234341.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	287.3 KB 
ID:	258242

Name:	15438019233500.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	211.7 KB 
ID:	258243
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Way to hang with the obligations. Groom the groms. They are the future.Was good on skins today with no obligations. FYI Vail Corp captured Kirkwood and will never bring back that old stoke. It’s a loss some know, some never will. Can I get a shot on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    Damn obligations. At least took a few laps down the bunny slope. Proud papa moment was having a 3yr old hooked on the pow pow. He kept needing to ski it. Super cold light snow and he quite enjoyed it. Snow looked fun! Did some good human being stuff this afternoon. Yahoos PARKED and WALKING from past the mf Dam again. Yes past the spillway and past the Dam in fucking ski boots. If Kirkwood could just figure out a decent marketing program this mountain could be open significantly past APRIL 8. WTF.

So true at least if we drank and complained about #fail together we would get drunk. Fingers crossed they go for the 100% open (marketing & booking) program for the holidays. Or maybe like usual chair 4 will go the week before xmas.
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

Text from a Truckee buddy today

Tried to go to Kirkwood today. Made it to caples lake in 2 hr then it to took an hour to get to the turn off and parking was full so they were tuning people around. Then an hour back to Carson pass 6+ hr in the car. Winning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^ wow that sucks. I'm happy I arrived early.

Snow was cold and light and spongy. Really smooth out in the Palisades where I spent my afternoon, best 12/2 in recent memory. The Wall needs another foot, all the entrances are full of chocolate chips, people were eating shit (even me! )

on the drive home CHP was nailing people on 88 just past ridge rd PSA.

Don’t speed on 88 near Jackson. I’ve learned my lesson more than twice.

Radar detector is required equipment if you are going to speed at all.

It works. Get a good one.

Castle, Andesite, and Relay were bomb today. Bluebird and more stable than we were expecting.

If you were the dude who had a woman with you, her on Kingpins and Freedom SL, but without her having safety gear (no back pack to be seen anywhere)...WTF dude
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Rising up to paradise....

Name:	IMG_9952.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	258260Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0050.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	1,018.4 KB 
ID:	258261Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0087.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	258262Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0144.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	999.4 KB 
ID:	258263

Name:	IMG_0219.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	258264Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0317.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	258265

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I think these were the best first two ski days of a season for me. Face shots at Kirkwood yesterday, and Red Lake Peak was just about perfect today. I love that in December you can ski a due east aspect at 2:30PM without the snow being the least bit sun-affected despite zero cloud cover all day. I love short days and low sun angles.

Gonna need a few days for my body to recover though.

sweet pics gimpy
    got a late start. thought i would be fighting crowds, but i only ever saw my shadow
    Name:  crows-shadow.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  374.3 KB

i tried to catch it but apparently it's impossible and i got all turned around
    Name:  crows-down.jpg
Views: 772
Size:  277.0 KB
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Radar detector is required equipment if you are going to speed at all.

It works. Get a good one.
    True that but even with a radar detector keep your eyes open for CHP. 88 is one of the few places were CHP shoots instant on (the radar is not left on and only turned on to clock somebody.). I got shot with instant on 88 last month but thankfully I spotted the CHP before he clocked me.

Also, for California turn off k band because it's not used here and it will eliminate annoying falses.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    i tried to catch it but apparently it's impossible and i got all turned around
    Name:  crows-down.jpg
Views: 772
Size:  277.0 KB
    Careful! Whiskey doesn’t have the probe-skin splinting skillz!!! Or does he?

Enjoying your guys’ pics from my desk and couch ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Kirkwood was $$$ Saturday. face shots were had 10 opened OH MY

go go weather maker
    Hello darkness my old friend