Page 161 of 175 FirstFirst ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,025 of 4354
    Did you bootpack the whole thing? Crampons needed?

TBC, Good thing you got there early. I dropped in around noon (on my second lap) and saw 6 or 7 skiers behind me. It’s gonna get moguled out soon. Mcski, you can skin up if you go around the sunny side. I prefer to boot up the shady side with crampons. I suppose you could boot up the couloir but that’ll ruin the aesthetics of it.

To say hi.

My half hound is a crotch sniffer. He’s a hundred pounds. It’s his passion.

RIP Booker and sorry for the loss B_

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    My half hound is a crotch sniffer. He’s a hundred pounds. It’s his passion.

RIP Booker and sorry for the loss B_
    Gonna have to go with ‘dog in crotch’ dog gets whippet as lesson. Dog owners can be so whipped. Not even knowing who owns who. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Powcruzer View Post
    Gonna have to go with ‘dog in crotch’ dog gets whippet as lesson. Dog owners can be so whipped. Not even knowing who owns who. Sad.
    If he's quick enough, he gets in a little taste, too.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Did you bootpack the whole thing? Crampons needed?
    Just a short boot up that little knife ridge, no crampons needed, would use them if headed up crescent. skinned everything else used ski crampons once past the lake. Crazy booters every where though

Quote Originally Posted by jmars View Post
    Not to hijack this doggie talk....I’ve had good and bad experiences with friends dogs on the trail....

I’m coming into Reno tomorrow and would like to hit Squaw (not bringing touring sticks) Friday, Saturday and maaaaaybe Sunday. Any comments on conditions? Packing now debating what skis to toss in for the resort....Praxis PJs (100mm) and/or Concepts (117mm).....will prob bring both out of habit though.

Any resort beta would be appreciated.
    I was up 10 days ago (Sunday). Overnight low was forecast at 36F in the valley. Similar to this coming Friday night. Lifts ran from 9-4, but open at 8am now.

I skied the upper mountain in the morning. Sunny groomers were great first thing. Just softening up. Emigrant & Siberia. I was over on Granite Chief by 10:30 and everything was plenty soft over there. I assume the groomers under Shirley Lake were decent, and maybe a bit fast at that hour. Skied Sun Bowl around 11:30 and maybe again around 12:15. Money both times. The corn on skiers left and I think on Horse Trails was good after sun bowl. Skied KT 1-4pm and found great snow on the right runs all afternoon. Anything in the sun was good, but the north facing stuff seemed the best. Rock Garden and Portal fun and soft. 75 Chute soft with fairly deep bumps. Nose to right side of Fingers and GS Bowl down toward Oly Lady and zone skiers right of Oly Lady top station were all fun.

I'd go for just the PBJ. While it is soft in the afternoon, KT is pretty bumped up. My preference is a little narrow for bumps.

Will be at Squaw with the freshly 8 years old Saturday.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxN0scGlQzD/ variable conditions in crescent, dropped in approx 12:15 ish? would've waited for the snow to soften up more in the couloir but we had to get back to town. booted up no crampons just an ice axe. awesome corn back to the lake.

Nice turns

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

moving on. thanks to mr toad im all good but thanx for the offer court. i think its not infected but getting course in case.

looks like most of the board was in same zone today. not a great freeze last night but we went into the second layer anyway. good skiing on south at 10:30 and even better on west in pm. creek still bridged well on winnemucca side and just barely on july 4th side. ended up doing full loop so never grabbed beers stashed top winnemucca ridge on way out. in bush top mouth of saddle chute.

2nd layer
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3152.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	281945
    Gettin there

Name:	IMG_3195.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	281947Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3218.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	281948
    3rd n 4th layers

Name:	IMG_3219.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	281949
    West was the best

Name:	IMG_3221.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	281950Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3239.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	281951Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3275.jpg 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	281952Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3458.jpg 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	281953
    Corrie lochen and summer sister zones

Name:	IMG_3460.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	281954Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3461.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	777.0 KB 
ID:	281955

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    moving on.
    moving on, but keeping it with dogs. was this Booker with Buddy?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Thanks for the beta everyone. Looking forward to being out there. I’ll prob take both skis bc I dont know what it’s like to only travel with one...

Nice gimpy was considering that exact tour but figured I’d be floundering in rotted mush on the way out, love the pic of the back of roundtop!

FYI:

Name:  60003342_2427992640552814_7250428463830532096_o.jpg
Views: 989
Size:  186.9 KB

No word on if dudes can pull a Mrs. Doubtfire and ski for free, though.
    A few of the comments on their FB page are pretty funny (one mom asked if she had to show her stretch marks to get the free ticket!)...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

I started a thread in gear swap with details, but if you are/were on the fence regarding an ikon pass, I set up a group buy that gets a $100 discount on current list price (basically you get the early spring pricing). We hit the volume threshold, so it is going live, and I should have promo codes to distribute as early as this evening. Price is good through August 1st.

Nice work

On your Carson Pass tours does anyone have a picture of Deadwood and a pic of the backside of roundtop they could post or send? Does that still go or is it a fruitless chase that should accompanied by a pack full of BEER?
    Like I told my last wife, I never drive faster than I can see, besides it's all in the reflexes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    On your Carson Pass tours does anyone have a picture of Deadwood and a pic of the backside of roundtop they could post or send? Does that still go or is it a fruitless chase that should accompanied by a pack full of BEER?
    gimpy's post at the bottom of the last page has at least half of what you're looking for.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

anybody been out to the sierra buttes recently? what's the status of snow removal on gold lake highway or any of the east/west roads off gold lake highway? looking for pretty places with snow to go with the family on Sunday (mother's day). probably just snow play and short ski tour/shuffle. i'd keep my dog on a leash :P

my knee is still tweaked, but i'm finally getting PT and seeing signs of improvement. nobody is suggesting imagery or cutting yet. the mother's day event at donner ski ranch sounds fun, but a bit of coin with a family of 5. i'm optimistic about me knee and looking forward to a 5th season on some lifts with at least 1 kiddo and on a skin track.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    anybody been out to the sierra buttes recently? what's the status of snow removal on gold lake highway or any of the east/west roads off gold lake highway? looking for pretty places with snow to go with the family on Sunday (mother's day). probably just snow play and short ski tour/shuffle. i'd keep my dog on a leash :P

my knee is still tweaked, but i'm finally getting PT and seeing signs of improvement. nobody is suggesting imagery or cutting yet. the mother's day event at donner ski ranch sounds fun, but a bit of coin with a family of 5. i'm optimistic about me knee and looking forward to a 5th season on some lifts with at least 1 kiddo and on a skin track.
    Will probably be crowded, but the Truckee Meadows Interpretive Loop area on Mt. Rose Highway (near/around Chickadee Ridge) is nice and easy for snow play access. If you park in the turnouts by the bathrooms and skin/hike east you can drop over a small rise and have some fun slopes as well as a view of Washoe Valley and Washoe Lake.

Also (and I'm giving away my "neighborhood secret" here): Hawk's Peak in T/D...snow still to the road and the hike is about 45-minutes and affords views of Euer Valley and Backside of Castle Peak and Basin Peak, as well as White Rock Peak, Independence Peak, and Mt. Lola, not to mention Truckee/Northstar/Verdi/Mt. Rose the other way. It's also really close to Sunrise Bowl, which is another easy access area for snowplay (though it might be crowded this weekend and it's not as scenic). Hard to tell at this point in regards to crowds as I usually get a feel for how crowded my hood is gonna be by Friday night as both houses on either side of me are rentals...if they fill up this afternoon, then it's a sure bet it will be somewhat busy.

That said, last weekend was mellow.

Lemme check with my buddy who is the lead ranger out in Johnsville and see if he has any info on Gold Lake (Johnsville Ski Bowl is another cool place for snowplay out that way, with Eureka Peak in the backdrop, fwiw).

"Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    FYI:

Name:  60003342_2427992640552814_7250428463830532096_o.jpg
Views: 989
Size:  186.9 KB

No word on if dudes can pull a Mrs. Doubtfire and ski for free, though.
    A few of the comments on their FB page are pretty funny (one mom asked if she had to show her stretch marks to get the free ticket!)...
    Pretty damn cool that place.

Thanks, dookey!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums mobile app

OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

Where can I buy climbing skin glue in SLT?

Camping at the city campground tonight. HV tomorrow.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.