Page 138 of 175 FirstFirst ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 4365
  1. #3426
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    752
    This weekend was dope! Had an amazing day at Alpine today. Couldn't believe how many nooks and crannies still had un-tracked goods after lunch.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

  2. #3427
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    tahoe
    Posts
    2,788
    Last leaf fallen bare earth where green was born,...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9986.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	275762Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0028.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	275763Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0101.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	275764Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0112.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	275765


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  3. #3428
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I only have maybe 10-12 days at SB this season, so serious question: did Summit ever run? Holiday weeks/weekends maybe?

    For sure it ran -> caught it in late Jan or early Feb on a sunny/non-storm weekend day. Luckily, that really narrows down possibilities this season.

    Rode it a few times for novelty as we didnít catch it running at all last season, but so many other places on mt were skiing better.

    Did you notice if they dug the lower terminal out? Last I saw it was pretty socked in.

  4. #3429
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    10,770
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I only have maybe 10-12 days at SB this season, so serious question: did Summit ever run? Holiday weeks/weekends maybe?
    I dont know if it ran but they announced before the season, on the pass application that it would run only on weekends and holidays. Not sure about holidays. I have a midweek pass.

  5. #3430
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cruzing
    Posts
    9,094
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    This weekend was dope! Had an amazing day at Alpine today. Couldn't believe how many nooks and crannies still had un-tracked goods after lunch.
    That was what I was finding at KW. Amazing. Saturday, our last lift at 3:50, we found a completely untracked ridge to ski. Sure, it was low angled, but sweet untracked. My kid was having a blast milking the fresh lines while his buddy followed his tracks.

    Refresh is needed. Otherwise we will be into spring again. Looks like we will have to wait a while for a corn cycle again.

  6. #3431
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    11,058
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Did you notice if they dug the lower terminal out? Last I saw it was pretty socked in.
    I didn't look that closely but it wasn't completely buried or anything, but definitely needed some work still.

    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I dont know if it ran but they announced before the season, on the pass application that it would run only on weekends and holidays. Not sure about holidays. I have a midweek pass.
    Yeah, I remember you specifically had to check a box acknowledging the various terms and one of them was limited Summit operations. Again, not complaining, I'm happy to have it be hike accessible only and not get tracked out.

  7. #3432
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    tahoe de chingao
    Posts
    469
    One of the best days I've had in the bc yesterday, ever. Hip deep shots in places. Bluebird day with a cool breeze.

    Managed to get on some favorite lines in stellar conditions. Ripped off what I think is my favorite run of the year so far. Film crew was out in the same zone, got to watch a pro athlete rip yuge lines. WTF sometimes it all comes together

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-1125.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	730.4 KB 
ID:	275825
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-1135.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	275826
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-1133.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	275827
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-1141.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	275828
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-1143.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	275829

  8. #3433
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    11,058
    ^^ Very nice!

    I feel like I've only skied storm days all season, so with some actual sunshine I took a little footage yesterday. Just a nice cruisy pow lap from the top of Mt. Judah...


  9. #3434
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    SF & the Ho
    Posts
    5,587
    Those pics are out standing and that terrain has me drooling. The skin track trajectory not so much

  10. #3435
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    P-tex, CA
    Posts
    8,199
    Only skied Saturday...pulled my oldest son from ski team and decided to load first Tram at Squaw. Rolled right into Silverado and stayed there until noon...NOBODY was there for a few laps and was surreal. Mix of legit pow to spring pow down low but all was a good time. Definitely a firm layer in some of the steeps like in Hanging Gardens etc. Just lapped everything from one boundary to the other so my son could check of runs from the map...remember those days? Finished the day off watching the costume contest for the Pain McSchlonkey and few KT laps...still some ripping windblown in West Face below Big Balls. I did manage to get Big Balls to release all the new snow but my skis were supported by the old layer underneath. Sunday was Little League. Signing out - Coach666

  11. #3436
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    465
    Surprisingly fun day at Heavenly yesterday. Stayed on California side and lapped the Pinnacles area. Was staying nice and wintry through mid-day and was super fun poking around through those trees.

    On a not so fun note. Didn't realize how big the clueless factor is at Heavenly. Almost got taken out a couple of times entering the lift corral by people zooming across the entrances. One guy even crashed into my friend's daughter and the guy never even apologized when I asked him loudly to slow down. WTF? Is this the norm on weekends?! Or am I just getting old and crusty....
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

  12. #3437
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tahoe City
    Posts
    627
    squaw on saturday as well followed by way to much saki then on to Carson pass sunday, yeah still fun winter snow! Moon chute in the best snow iv'e skied it in, back up above winnemucca was kicking as well

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MG.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	270.3 KB 
ID:	275840 MG stopped mid run to let his legs cool and took a pic Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DW.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	356.1 KB 
ID:	275838 obligatory shot of deedwood Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RT.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	450.3 KB 
ID:	275837 ahh Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MT.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	426.3 KB 
ID:	275839 Mad Turtle diving in to quickie 2nd run
    Like I told my last wife, I never drive faster than I can see, besides it's all in the reflexes.

  13. #3438
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    89
    confirming great snow, weather, and skiing.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5994.jpg 
Views:	732 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	275844

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6026.jpg 
Views:	730 
Size:	989.2 KB 
ID:	275845

  14. #3439
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    One guy even crashed into my friend's daughter and the guy never even apologized when I asked him loudly to slow down. WTF? Is this the norm on weekends?! Or am I just getting old and crusty....
    Yeh happens at Squaw. I gave one guy shit for slammin into me in Siberia line. Felt like the asshole til some random dude later in line told me that was effed and people need to slow down. They do.

    Migraines suck so I missed Saturday. As predicted, sounds like it was great. Glad people had fun out there
    "Some folks look for answers
    Others look for fights
    Some folks up in treetops
    Just look to see the sights"

  15. #3440
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    487

    OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

    Heave extended their season even more...Iím guessing because theyíre sandwiched by two Ikon resorts who are staying open until July.

    Open thru April 28, then 3 day weekends through Memorial Day. Gondola, Tamarack, and Dipper.
    Last edited by gnarbro365; 03-25-2019 at 01:50 PM.

  16. #3441
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    One of the best days I've had in the bc yesterday, ever. Hip deep shots in places. Bluebird day with a cool breeze.

    Managed to get on some favorite lines in stellar conditions. Ripped off what I think is my favorite run of the year so far. Film crew was out in the same zone, got to watch a pro athlete rip yuge lines. WTF sometimes it all comes together

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-1125.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	730.4 KB 
ID:	275825
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-1135.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	275826
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-1133.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	275827
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-1141.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	275828
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-1143.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	275829
    Wow it's fat back there, looks about as filled in as I've seen it.

  17. #3442
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Norcal
    Posts
    1,542
    As seen on Luther pass a little while ago, guess this guy tried to drive to the top of Waterhouse!




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #3443
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Donner Summit
    Posts
    689
    Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Speaking of ďback in the day,Ē palisades.... woulda been controlled by patrol and opened with combo of hardpack and excellent conditions. IME, thatís typical palisades conditions, spicy and fun.
    Lower entrance (traverse line) into Perco's was open yesterday. The top was closed though, so no Mid-Pal etc..

    The whole thing was open the week before last though, including the weekend. My daughter spent most of the week lapping it, then schooled me. "Dad, what's taking you so long?"


  19. #3444
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,241
    Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    Lower entrance (traverse line) into Perco's was open yesterday. The top was closed though, so no Mid-Pal etc..

    The whole thing was open the week before last though, including the weekend. My daughter spent most of the week lapping it, then schooled me. "Dad, what's taking you so long?"

    Thatís awesome regarding the kid! My knee is been yelling at me lately. I havenít skied for a few weeks

  20. #3445
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    752
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    As seen on Luther pass a little while ago, guess this guy tried to drive to the top of Waterhouse!




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    WHEN GOOGLE SAYS TAKE A LEFT, TAKE A LEFT!!!
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

  21. #3446
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Truckee, CA
    Posts
    5,653
    Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    Heave extended their season even more...I’m guessing because they’re sandwiched by two Ikon resorts who are staying open until July.

    Open thru April 28, then 3 day weekends through Memorial Day. Gondola, Tamarack, and Dipper.

    Wait, what? Did Mt. Rose and Sierra get added to the IKON pass?
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

    http://www.blizzardsportusa.com/

  22. #3447
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Wait, what? Did Mt. Rose and Sierra get added to the IKON pass?
    Squaw and Mammy open til July, methinks.

  23. #3448
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    11,058
    Quote Originally Posted by KJA64 View Post
    Squaw and Mammy open til July, methinks.
    Cause you read the press release from a few weeks ago?

  24. #3449
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,464

    OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Cause you read the press release from a few weeks ago?
    Methinks his methinks is about Squaw and Mammoth being the ikon-flavored bread in the aforementioned sandwich analogy rather than announcing closing dates.

  25. #3450
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Meiss Meadows
    Posts
    1,196
    Sorry, Dookie, nobody appreciates your humor

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •