Page 136 of 175 FirstFirst ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 4354
    Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    Bindings? I have some beast 14s I’ve never mounted.
    PMed!

Anyone remember the great picture of patrol working the top of Beaver after a storm that was in Powder years ago? And wound up on AM's brochure the next year. The cornice looked to stick out about 20 feet horizontally.
    Maybe someone with advanced Google skills can find it, although I think the issue might have been pre-internet. Yes, I'm that old.)
    Personally I stay on the inboard side of cornice cracks. Some years back a competitor in a freeride competition on Donner Summit was killed when the cornice he was standing on broke off.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Some years back a competitor in a freeride competition on Donner Summit was killed when the cornice he was standing on broke off.
    Do you remember what year this was? Could be conflating with the cornice failure in 1998 skiers left of the Poop Chute that killed rising snowboard star Jamil Khan while filming (but I don't believe competing)? That cornice is gnarly right now, btw!

Great skiing today. A few inches of fresh snow on top of almost firm

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Great skiing today. A few inches of fresh snow on top of almost firm

Looks like the horse chute?! Was wanting to check it out, I'm sure it was good. Incline Peak was skiing well yesterday too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wobby View Post
    Looks like the horse chute?! Was wanting to check it out, I'm sure it was good. Incline Peak was skiing well yesterday too.
    Don't know the name, but it's on the North side of the ridge from fireplug to tamarack.

Not that anyhbody gives a flying f$%k, but I am planning to ski for free tomorrow at The Peak.
    They let you ski for free on your birthday, however, if your birthday falls between April 22 and December 16, then March 22nd is the catch-all b-day ski day.
    Planning to hit opening chair and ski until noon (going to see Cypress Hill in Sac tomorrow night and seriously hope I don't get stuck coming back home in the impending storm!).
    Not sure what I'll be wearing, but will be schussing on a pair of Blizzard Peacemakers and some orange Tecnica Mach 1 boots.
    I may have change for a nickel if you ask.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Not that anyhbody gives a flying f$%k, but I am planning to ski for free tomorrow at The Peak.
    They let you ski for free on your birthday, however, if your birthday falls between April 22 and December 16, then March 22nd is the catch-all b-day ski day.
    Planning to hit opening chair and ski until noon (going to see Cypress Hill in Sac tomorrow night and seriously hope I don't get stuck coming back home in the impending storm!).
    Not sure what I'll be wearing, but will be schussing on a pair of Blizzard Peacemakers and some orange Tecnica Mach 1 boots.
    I may have change for a nickel if you ask.
    That's nice

OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by 2_1_3 View Post
    Do you remember what year this was? Could be conflating with the cornice failure in 1998 skiers left of the Poop Chute that killed rising snowboard star Jamil Khan while filming (but I don't believe competing)? That cornice is gnarly right now, btw!
    you guys are probably talking about the same incident

the cornices have been off the hook at Bear Valley this season - kicking has been spicy - hudge blocks
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Next weeks storm is starting to look tasty! Seems like we sometimes get lucky with these late March cut-off lows. I feel like these were the type of systems that drove last years "miracle March" status.

Tomorrow should be amazing since I'll be skiing...

Well, fuck, if it’s gonna be amazing, I’m there. Loading car and going to pick up the kid.

I actually think tomorrow could be pretty good... starting to forecast colder than originally.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Non-Birthday Birthday turns were had this morning.
    Gotta love the local hill that offers folks a free ski on their birthday and if their birthday falls during the summer, then today (3/22) was the catch-all "Birthday Day."
    Most interesting conditions/weather at DP for sure.
    Straight blue bird with a blazing sun at 8:30 am in the upper lot.
    By 9:30 it was overcast, windy, and finger-and-toe numbingly cold.
    Snow was interesting to say the least: bulletproof groomers, breakable crust off-piste at the top, yet the northern boundary line was dust on crust goodness, as long as you were skiing untracked lines, which wasn't hard to do.
    Lapped the trees several times and was able to ski back to the truck.
    Lottsa untouched lines out there that make me want to go back, especially after this coming storm.
    Fun little hill for sure.

DP Trees Ski Sweet For Free
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7828.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	861.6 KB 
ID:	275418

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Well, fuck, if it’s gonna be amazing, I’m there. Loading car and going to pick up the kid.
    I guess 666 is talking SV, not KW tho?
    Kirkwood was a fair bit better than expected this afternoon.
    Poor, to no viz. Kinda snowing whole time. Firm. Chilly.
    Dust on crust.
    piest, coral reef style, was around Fingers (but so filled in!).
    Deepest dust we found was just off/around Sentinel. Hella fun!
    Chamoix is also stupid fat right now
    Didn't bother with backside, but heard was icy in morning.
    Didn't ride 10 either. Lack of viz, and peeps we were hanging with, but it seemed popular.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Surprisingly I found no other skin tracks in this zone yesterday

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0384.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	2.17 MB 
ID:	275498

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    I guess 666 is talking SV, not KW tho?
    Kirkwood was a fair bit better than expected this afternoon.
    Poor, to no viz. Kinda snowing whole time. Firm. Chilly.
    Dust on crust.
    piest, coral reef style, was around Fingers (but so filled in!).
    Deepest dust we found was just off/around Sentinel. Hella fun!
    Chamoix is also stupid fat right now
    Didn't bother with backside, but heard was icy in morning.
    Didn't ride 10 either. Lack of viz, and peeps we were hanging with, but it seemed popular.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    So I should have driven to SV? Fuck. Well, I’m here.

Your report is as expected. Sunny aspects corral. Shady aspects better. 3-4” on the railing. Lightly snowing. Gonna tour some beginners around. Looks fun.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Surprisingly I found no other skin tracks in this zone yesterday
    Wow, that’s a ton of postholing

For you Bay Area Weekend Warrior fools who'll be heading back West on Sunday and like good beer, Moonraker Brewing in Auburn (Bell Lane exit, out by the airport, across the street from Knee Deep Brewing) released a Blueberry Mosaic Milkshake IPA this week. Worth a stop on your way home.

In south lake this weekend and need a good boot fitter for hopefully easy lining work. Any suggestions?
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Caught third chair on Summit at Alpine this morning and it was pretty damn good. Light enough for face shots on the upper half of the mountain. Just when I was happy with mellow spring days, sunshine, corn and slush, I feel sucked right back into winter. Stayed cold (enough) all day. Next week looking good too.

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    In south lake this weekend and need a good boot fitter for hopefully easy lining work. Any suggestions?
    https://tahoepowderhouse.com/powder-...t-demo-center/

SV Today

Squaw pretty good today. Essentially lapped headwall all day since no line and snow was good. 6" at least. Visibility was main issue. Sunbowl trees were bail when it got bad.
    No line so never tried other location since I figured could not be better and didn't want to deal with lines.

Skier666 was right. Today was rad. Only got in three runs of the top, but things are in pretty damn good shape for late March. Bet is was pretty decent landing snow. Had a great time touring the kiddos around but was a little sad when 4 opened. I’ve hit dog leg a good 15 times this season from various angles and felt like today I would have had some good air time over there.

Not verified, but I just heard that the whole Donner Summit Sno-Park got so far behind on plowing, plus they don't know how many stranded cars have gotten buried, that they've let the whole thing go to shit, and basically there's no public parking at Donner Summit any more (Boreal's keeping an eye out and towing, and enforcement's been stepped up at the rest stops too, apparently). Last time I was there it had been down to having room only on one side, plus barely enough room remaining to drive in and out, but I guess it got worse, and then they gave up on it.