Page 148 of 175 FirstFirst ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 4354
    The potential for a sleeper pow day was there...but alas, the storm underperformed and its dust on crust at Kwood this morning

KT yesterday was surprisingly good...

Wax on wax off boys

Deadwood has been on my radar for an embarrassingly long time seeing as how i have yet to actually cross the creek and give it a try
    Like I told my last wife, I never drive faster than I can see, besides it's all in the reflexes.

Yesterday might have been my favorite groomer day of the year, fun skiing soft corn that stayed in check with the high clouds till we left at 12:30 at S@T just beating another hwy 50 closure. Just got back from riding in the Carson valley, 43 degrees but snowing on us at the end of our ride. Was surprised to see 50 closed again for avy control today as I rolled back into town.

When does chair 4 close at Kirkwood? Think it’s only about a 5 grand day doing deadwood from there

I believe Chair 4 is shut for the season...they always close it early.

Today was not very good. Best turns were off the roof at carson pass back to the car on the augured snow.

edit- got a message last night from somethingclever about skiing today. had no intentions of going. said no. he said there were chain controls on carson pass. i figured it was just ice from the rain before freezing but i checked the wood's snow stake. it said 3". i said lets go.
    kirkwood's snow stake is stuck on March 19/20. fuck those guys.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Today was not very good. Best turns were off the roof at carson pass back to the car on the augured snow.

edit- got a message last night from somethingclever about skiing today. had no intentions of going. said no. he said there were chain controls on carson pass. i figured it was just ice from the rain before freezing but i checked the wood's snow stake. it said 3". i said lets go.
    kirkwood's snow stake is stuck on March 19/20. fuck those guys.
    Ha, that's funny about the snow stake.

Don't know where the roof is, but do you think crescent Moon is still winter snow?

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Don't know where the roof is, but do you think crescent Moon is still winter snow?
    I heard it was challenging conditions on Sunday...

Haven't been on these forums all year. Too busy wrangling kids at SB and busy planning my kid-free adventures this year, I guess. That and a job where I actually have to work like 40 hrs/week. Good to see everyone keeping the stoke level high. And meter-man posting pics of the #skiboss... that was fun.

here's another view of Deadwood from Sun. You can see there are some wet slides going a ways.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1253.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	256.2 KB 
ID:	277870

And yeah, that was the worst conditions I've ever had on Crescent this past Sun. It was edge-able, but definitely a no-fall day on that line. Especially at the top, when you traverse into the chute proper. A fall on that hanging snowfield would not be recommended...

4th page of that post - the vid is the coulie. My GoPro was dying (or too cold) so it shut off. Had to restart it midway, then died again near the exit.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BwBUiO2F...on_share_sheet

Correct. Chair 4 is closed. We are in extended season!!!

Vail’s new style is to keep the resort open 100% until closing day, which is about 3 weeks earlier than Kw used to stay open. So chair 4 now closes about 1 week earlier than before.

And the broken shit at Vailwood is nothing new. Vail’s big claim to fame at the wood is putting in new stuff like LED signs, snow stakes w cams, and Austrian glass cube bars that all break within months and never get properly fixed. Hell, Vail can’t even get the clocks to work.

Man I’ve run into that same wall before. Winds scoured those slopes even more overnight

Hey TeleK, think that photo is the 4th of july lake zone, not deadwood

Burly conditions on crescent!

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post

I may have a photo of the roof:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01507.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	277904

Yes that roof

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Hey TeleK, think that photo is the 4th of july lake zone, not deadwood

Burly conditions on crescent!
    Corey Lochan in center. The face with the wet slides is mostly east facing, with a touch of south I believe. I also believe Deadwood is in part seen in the far left of the picture, Whatever, it is all looking so fat. Kind of bummed I never got out to Lochan this winter.

solid roof beta

the roof is on fire right now!

best part of the roof is that you can see the cooler - beer is close
    Like I told my last wife, I never drive faster than I can see, besides it's all in the reflexes.

so for the second time this year i took the dogs to fallen leaf lake to watch CHP or calstar or someone doing some sort of rescue work on tallac. last time it was john morrison in the hanging snowfield/central area this time they seemed to be focusing around the main face/babycham area. it seemed like about after 40 minutes (or longer this was going on when we arrived) they just left.
    anybody hear anything?

Deadwood was wind fucked on every aspect. Waited for half an hour and the wind never died down. Glad we had snow-mos to braap around on. Thanks for all the beta. It is super fat right now, but there is lots of loose-wet debris still. Might go back next week.

OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

Hey Court, they buzzed me and checked me out for awhile waiting for my line to soften, then yea hung out awhile looking in the cirque around the cross. They were mostly out of site over there for me but don’t think anyone was actually rescued, quite day other wise on the great one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TahoeBC; 04-10-2019 at 07:15 PM.

we bailed on our rt>dw tour after seeing the kwood wind sensors holding steady at 50mph from the north and gnarbro just confirmed our fears. audibled to the west shore spring classic n found good soft spring snow on a supportable base. pack is locked up good on all aspects which was plenty welcome after the previous weeks schmoofest. we skied at 11:11 n i wouldnt have wanted to be any earlier but could have skied later

It was a good spring day at HV today...eventually.
    Stagecoach lot filled up by 11 ish tho
    Yeah it was sunny, but bloody frozen in am.
    So happy to find unexpected corn amongst trees between Olympic offload and E.Peak
    Leftover dust on crust some places skied good...untracked yo!
    They were even running North Bowl and Mott chairs.

Way more fun than expected.
    (A lot better than Monday at HV. Manky/sticky.
    KW was kinda ok yesterday, with snow and dust on crust, but poor viz, cold, and lightening closures, so...)

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1087.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	278011Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1198.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	278012

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Nice to see Tahoe so fat in April! Keep the stoke coming.