Page 147 of 175 FirstFirst ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 4354
    So are you saying it is teh suck today. Headed up and wondering if I should get a lap or two late afternoon or head right to the divided sky

Quote Originally Posted by pajamas View Post
    So are you saying it is teh suck today. Headed up and wondering if I should get a lap or two late afternoon or head right to the divided sky
    snowstake at the wood shows 3" i'd be willing to bet on some clean panels in the carson pass area. shit for viz though.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I’m ready for it to just be sunny and ski corn. Hope these upcoming waves miss us completely, which is possible since there’s some serious waffling going on with the long term forecast.
    Been saying this for weeks.
    Still waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    if we hadnt received that last storm, we would be set up with smooth panels and gullies of dank corn. but instead, we got a decent day of wintry snow, followed by mass destruction from heating/greenhousing leaving us with piles of shit in just bout every gully/couloir and marginal skiing conditions. this scenario is more pronounced right now, but its pretty much the case every spring. the only time i welcome spring pow is when our base is lacking, or when we need resurfacing, ........like right now.
    Fair enough on some wet snow serving that purpose. So yeah, then hopefully this next week gets the job done and then we go full bluebird spring for the next several weeks.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

At squaw. Schmoo and death cookies are the order of the day. Finding some smooth though...
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Ya'll are so grumpy I thought I logged into the Jackson or Montana thread. Jeez. We had how many weeks straight of amazing conditions? Best run in a decade? And since Thursday (as in three days ago) it has kind of sucked. But Tuesday and Wednesday were some super fun powder skiing.

As Powdork pointed out, there are probably a few clean lines at CP already. Another wet storm will smooth out more.

We will have high and dry spring soon enough. I for one would prefer cool and breezy as we move into May keeping that corn window open longer. And a refresh every few weeks.

But I get it. Had fun skiing Sun-Thurs this past week, but Sunday was my favorite. Overnight freeze, and warm, but not hot, afternoon. Slight breeze. Perfect snow wen we hit the snow at 1:15, and was still great when we called it at 3:45. I am looking forward to spring, but almost never say no to fresh snow. Even heavy snow can be fun to ski, especially for jumping off things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Ya'll are so grumpy I thought I logged into the Jackson or Montana thread. Jeez. We had how many weeks straight of amazing conditions? Best run in a decade? And since Thursday (as in three days ago) it has kind of sucked. But Tuesday and Wednesday were some super fun powder skiing.

As Powdork pointed out, there are probably a few clean lines at CP already. Another wet storm will smooth out more.

We will have high and dry spring soon enough. I for one would prefer cool and breezy as we move into May keeping that corn window open longer. And a refresh every few weeks.

But I get it. Had fun skiing Sun-Thurs this past week, but Sunday was my favorite. Overnight freeze, and warm, but not hot, afternoon. Slight breeze. Perfect snow wen we hit the snow at 1:15, and was still great when we called it at 3:45. I am looking forward to spring, but almost never say no to fresh snow. Even heavy snow can be fun to ski, especially for jumping off things.
    Word, Ottime. Some mangina mags just gotta complain about something. lol.
    Holler at me if you come down to the Eastside. No work for 6-8 weeks for the Best Mex. Did Lundy two days ago, and pretty damn good. Gonna do Bloody again this year too. Lots of objectives!
    Peace.

took the dogs for a skin behind the house and the corn was good enough i had to divert the skin to a small hill where i got in 15 very nice turns. low elevation is already corning up and i'm guessing the entire east side of the lake is doing the same.

Saying hopefully it doesn’t rain next week is considered grumpy? Damn, it’s getting soft around here. (Storms have been waffling so there’s a decent chance much of it will indeed miss Tahoe)
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    took the dogs for a skin behind the house and the corn was good enough i had to divert the skin to a small hill where i got in 15 very nice turns. low elevation is already corning up and i'm guessing the entire east side of the lake is doing the same.
    Also stayed low today and in the morning it was quite nice. It got a bit sticky in the afternoon but that’s to be expected for April. Like others said, I think we got so spoiled by the amazing conditions this season that good conditions seem just meh. This may not be the biggest season for snowfall but for conditions is one of the best I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Saying hopefully it doesn’t rain next week is considered grumpy? Damn, it’s getting soft around here. (Storms have been waffling so there’s a decent chance much of it will indeed miss Tahoe)
    Well, just because I’m stuck at home today not skiing or surfing, I’ll point out, technically speaking, that is not what you typed. To lazy to go back and quote, but is started with a wish for just sunshine. You never mentioned rain, or snow.

Being an essentially selfish, and honestly so, person who only gets to ski about one period (1-7 days depending) every two weeks, this last cycle worked out fine, and expect things to be repaired prior to Easter, when I’ll next ski. So I don’t need to wait out the poor stretch right now. I even enjoyed skiing groomers Thursday morning, cause it felt kind of like winter, but much warmer. But after two hours, I was ready to go. It would be worse if I lived up there and had daily opportunities. Even worse if I was headed back to work within the month.

But from my deck over looking a calm Pacific with a moderate winter swell hitting the first week of April, after two plus months of epic skiing conditions, I can’t be too bummed about what happens to the snow this next week, because I have faith in the second. And these storms are exactly what is keeping the swells pumping and not allowing the usual spring NW wind flow to develop.

Anyway, and just being an e-dick cause I’m mostly watching kids, cleaning house, making dinner and organizing my work week so I can get into the water Monday. And until that happens, we’ll, I’ll pick e fights where ever I can get them.

Btw, thinking of spending on the ikon. If that happens, I’ll be praying for corn season. And I’ll ask you to show me around. Kind of stoked on the idea of skiing Squaw and Mammoth not on the day ticket dealio.

And while I’m on the long ass post, had so much fun skiing last week. The runs with my kid were pretty damn fun. I got to keep reminding myself to not make him just lap 10, cause he can. But he develops a lot more off mellower terrain. And the day I had him in ski school (btw, Tim did a great job) I had a blast lapping Sentinel and Pali. Just fresh creamy lap after fresh creamy lap. Crossing a track here or there, but most runs not. Fun to be there when it is empty and most people don’t know where they are going. Shark fin and cave huck, and a few to the left of Dan cliffs are the only rock left out that side of the hill.

If your still reading, a little rain down low doesn’t bother me, as long as things stay pertty above 8K. I want to lap and skin chair 10 again this June with perfect corn to (what was) the ice rink.

You guys talk as if your opinions about spring conditions matter. Ma Nature doesn't care. She will do what she will do. Kind of like our wives.

OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

You didn’t hear? I have curry with the gods. That is why is didn’t snow last season until I could ski, and didn’t get good till I was healed.

Wintry snow above 9k but wet below that.

Should be decent spring snow Tomorow if clears up tonight. Sunny shoulders where it’s at
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0950.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	277536

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

there's still time i guess but it's a 39 degree showers currently in meyers and the radar appears to be broken

Anyone have a recent photo with the NE face of Deadwood peak in it?

Nuking winds today, could hardly stand our ground much less even take a look into our intended line, retreated to lower angle and more protected and skied pretty much corn, fun enough. Girlfriend got delayed an hour and 1/2 coming back from Sierra for avalanche control, they opened traffic back up and shortly after she got though lots of emergency vehicles started heading up echo. Word on the street is two cars got buried in another wet slide, still closed. Same thing happened to me a few days ago, got delayed at the summit to clear slides, they let us go and on the way down I watched a slide come down and completely blocked the west bound lane, car coming the other way stopped just in time, was able zip by while it was piling up higher

^^^^I can imagine there is so much snow up there, that wet slides could be a concern for some time. When I was going over echo this winter, after a storm, with some wind loading, I saw at least two natural stuffs, or really mini avalanches, with 1-2" crowns, break and slide onto the rode as I was heading into the basin. It was pretty damn light and made more of a cloud than anything, but still a bit concerning as I watched them release and come right at me.

Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    Anyone have a recent photo with the NE face of Deadwood peak in it?
    I don't, but it was pretty damn stacked a month ago. Jealous of whatever mission you are planning.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Nuking winds today, could hardly stand our ground much less even take a look into our intended line, retreated to lower angle and more protected and skied pretty much corn, fun enough. Girlfriend got delayed an hour and 1/2 coming back from Sierra for avalanche control, they opened traffic back up and shortly after she got though lots of emergency vehicles started heading up echo. Word on the street is two cars got buried in another wet slide, still closed. Same thing happened to me a few days ago, got delayed at the summit to clear slides, they let us go and on the way down I watched a slide come down and completely blocked the west bound lane, car coming the other way stopped just in time, was able zip by while it was piling up higher
    cars buried twice in about a week and not during storms. thats crazy

From El Dorado County Sheriff's FB page. (https://www.facebook.com/eldoradosheriff/)
    Name:  56367301_1081108798763671_2657110006188474368_n.jpg
Views: 1125
Size:  94.2 KB

Name:  56744644_1081108782097006_6712866590376853504_n.jpg
Views: 1107
Size:  111.7 KB

Name:	DW.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	356.1 KB 
ID:	277663
    Deadwood from Roundtop on March 24th
    Like I told my last wife, I never drive faster than I can see, besides it's all in the reflexes.

Squaw on Saturday was the like an entire season in a few hours. Some fun pow on the upper portions of KT as you weaved through some frozen chunks to full sun, spring Fingers slush radness by 1:30pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post

Name:	DW.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	356.1 KB 
ID:	277663
    Deadwood from Roundtop on March 24th
    ++++thanks

I think I'm going to winter camp to try for deadwood this weekend. so. hard. to get to.

this is why I built the sled

schmoo day