Page 9 of 175 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    At least when Mammy opens their WROD it will be off chair 1, have some pitch and won’t melt out.

Not sure why any Tahoe resort bothers with fighting ma Nature.

Sure, I hope for snow. But right now this clear weather is making for excellent surfing and garden conditions. Been getting shacked and picking beans for over a month now.

Winter will come when it damn well pleases. Hope it snows by thanksgiving, as we will be up there. Will be bummed if all I get is a shitty KW WROD of waste a shit ton of money and co tribute to global warming just so I can wiggle a few turns bullshit.

No idea why people bother crowding into a single run. At least wait u til they have multiple lifts/chairs open.

I once skied N* early in a drought season. They had a trail too to bottom on every section of mountain and most of the lifts open. At least it spread people out and allowed one to roam.

I’m with liv2ski and will wait for snow season to ski. Right now it is surf/bike/golf/climb/hike season. Go get after it.

Are y’all the same guys that stop skiing in March cause you need to get your boat out in the lake?
    Cmon--you know how much you love lapping Gold Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Well yeah ....... no snow is no problem when you've got suitable local alternatives i.e. surf/MB

My top time consumer for the last 3 months has been making sure the local street peeps don't start squatting in my next door neighbor's un-occupied house.
    So yer sayin' the house is up for grabs once the snow starts to fly?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Cmon--you know how much you love lapping Gold Coast.
    Absolutely. My son loves the Slushee or Slurpee or whatever that develops. And hitting a few jumps and hips. But the best part is the ride up counting the poles still atop thin ice and, then, further up, spying the marmot coming out of its hole. Good fucking times.

We are talking about May I assume. Like smack dab in the middle of ski season.

Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    oof...
    This may actually bode well for us. Feel like those models are usually pretty damn good at predicting the exact opposite of what's going to happen.

Actually, as far as WROD season goes, Gold Coast is pretty good compared to most others I've seen. Typically there will be enough coverage off to the sides (if you're of the tools-not-jewels mentality) that you can boost off some small stumps, rocks, etc. - enough to keep it kind of interesting and play around a bit.

Hey. It is all fun. I’m at KW pass holder so you can see why I might see a waste of opening a single run off 5.

KW should use their system to fill in the usual gaps in early season coverage (bottom of upper Zach’s, roll overs on 5, the gullies around the base and the ones that cut off return from 11. And maybe to get buckboard going when there is just enough to ski but not groom everything else off 11.

And just let KW passholders ski N* and Heave before KW opens with real snow. Would save them money for sure and direct low traffic (bad season) to fewer resorts like they like to do in the spring when it is best at KW.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    for my resort ski cause I got a pass this year ya know.
    What pass did you get?

Ikon

Saw a local Reno band last night called Hardly Mediocre. Sloppy surf-punk stylings. The first song they played they introduced as such: "This first song is about what's going on right now. About something that's weighing heavily on our minds..." (I expected them to launch into some political tirade, but they surprised me). "You know, the complete lack of snow in Tahoe right now." The bass player, who was the defacto spokesperson for the trio, paused then continued, "This song is called "CHP" and it's about the complete incompetance of the CHP when it comes to getting 80 open during heavy snowfall. Hopefully we'll get some snow soon." They then launched into a ragged surf guitar-tinged ditty whose main chorus was "FUCK THE CHP/WE JUST WANT TO SKI...!!!" They proceeded to run through quick descriptions of all the Tahoe ski hills, then lambasted Canada, the mid-west, and the east coast, before tackling Europe and Japan and returning to Tahoe. It was all augmented by the rousing, sing-a-long chorus of "FUCK THE CHP/WE JUST WANT TO SKI!".
    Who knows, maybe Ullr will be pleased with these kid's sonic jubilation...
    Last edited by dookey67; 10-30-2018 at 09:00 AM.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    "FUCK THE CHP/WE JUST WANT TO SKI...!!!"
    Six pack to whomever starts a new thread with that for the title.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

FS: 2017 187 Bonafides with STH2 16s. Mounted +1 for 327. Second mount. $330

Pickup in Truckee. Might be able to coordinate pickup elsewhere in NorCal.

Figured I'd post here before Gear Swap. Gotta thin the herd to pay for now gear.

Bases have summer wax on em

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    sproing!

Doesn't Caltrans determine road closure?

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Doesn't Caltrans determine road closure?

I am sure they have a hand in it, but c'mon "FUCK CALTRANS/WE WANT TO SKI!" just doesn't have the same ring to it...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    So yer sayin' the house is up for grabs once the snow starts to fly?
    Maybe ..... what's yer chem lab operational experience?

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Maybe ..... what's yer chem lab operational experience?
    I've watched Breaking Bad

OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

My bro-date for Ode To Muir had a reliable source that Rose was angling to open a top-to-bottom WROD this weekend. I live just under the mountain and didn’t see any evidence so I was skeptical. But I work north of town, and driving back into the valley, there certainly seems to be a run from the summit, down the traverse, and into Carson bowl.

His same unnamed source said rose pass sales are down 25-33% ish thanks to the Ikon. Bummer for Rose; rad for Rose skiers and riders.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^^^^ guns blowing right now

Sent from my SM-G930P using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Name:  Screenshot_20181030-162801_Chrome.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  117.5 KB

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Rose + SB please please please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    Name:  Screenshot_20181030-162801_Chrome.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  117.5 KB
    [/URL]
    Quote Originally Posted by splitter View Post
    Rose was angling to open a top-to-bottom WROD this weekend.
    I like the optimsm but they got some serious work to do.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

My bro-date for Ode To Muir had a reliable source that Rose was angling to open a top-to-bottom WROD this weekend. I live just under the mountain and didn’t see any evidence so I was skeptical. But I work north of town, and driving back into the valley, there certainly seems to be a run from the summit, down the traverse, and into Carson bowl.

His same unnamed source said rose pass sales are down 25-33% ish thanks to the Ikon. Bummer for Rose; rad for Rose skiers and riders.

Rose also jacks up the pass prices every year, and that mountain isn't getting any larger. I think this year and last each saw something like a $75 hike, each year...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Heave webcam shows a gun cranking at the base of Comet/Dipper...onto dirt.

Bummer for SVAM skiers as well

Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    Heave webcam shows a gun cranking at the base of Comet/Dipper...onto dirt.
    It seemed a bit warm for the Rose Guns to be blasting, but I guess it's better to make the dirt wet first, to give the "snow" something to bond to.

Taken yesterday from Dry Pond which is upper Whites Creek and at least 1,000' lower than top of Rose at 12:00. So, blowing snow mid day and it was coldish at Dry Pond temps in the mid/upper 30's at that time. Kinda sad getting a boner about snow making and snow making technology. We made a trip to Sun Valley a few years ago where they can put 6 million gallons of water on the slopes overnite, trails actually skied great and sizable crowds. Go to the edge of the trails and pure dirt and sagebrush without a hint of snow..........

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000243 (1280x1005).jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	253330

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000237 (1280x821).jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	638.2 KB 
ID:	253331