Page 144 of 175 FirstFirst ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... LastLast
Results 3,576 to 3,600 of 4354
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    And yes, the butterflies. Insane. Plenty on the front side ridge. We hope to find some today. My son wants a picture with them. He kept saying to who ever would listen, “this is the highest elevation I’ve ever seen a butterflies. Weird, right?”
    Monarchs are known to fly to high mountain summits and dance up top - the scientists call it "topping." For real. Anyway, tons up in N Lake too - very glad to see so many - the western population of the monarch is crashing and many think this population is just a few years from extinction. Down 99% from the 1980s! Tell your kid to remember this day because they won't be here forever.
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    damn halls looks short and fat like danny devito
    So much so that my girlfriend was able to ski it, AND maintain a smile the whole way.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Dang, gonna have to rename that zone Indian Rock Ski Resort
    The snow was prime, so we lapped it a bit -six of those tracks are ours. Still nice to have a few folks go first though, it was very sluffy.

Quote Originally Posted by morphintoskittle View Post
    Anyone have advice on good custom footbeds around Reno/truckee? Preferably not too expensive but I understand you get what you pay for.
    Thanks
    olympic bootworks at Squaw is where I got mine. Start Haus and Tahoe Sports Hub in Truckee have good reputations. A Squaw patrol friend uses Sports Hub for her boot work. Cheap? Fuggedaboutit.

Anyone have advice on good custom footbeds around Reno/truckee? Preferably not too expensive but I understand you get what you pay for.
    Thanks
    Not sure on price but Village Ski Loft in Incline does full custom Sidas
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Thanks
    Darrell at Elite Feet Northstar is best of the best. He has to make people at N* happy, think about that!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Monarchs are known to fly to high mountain summits and dance up top - the scientists call it "topping." For real. Anyway, tons up in N Lake too - very glad to see so many - the western population of the monarch is crashing and many think this population is just a few years from extinction. Down 99% from the 1980s! Tell your kid to remember this day because they won't be here forever.
    Quite a few on the ridge at Alpine. I've heard about the decline in numbers, but there were times last summer I was mountain biking through clouds of them, seem to be doing ok, at least around here, for now.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

I think those butterflies are Painted Ladies on their way to Oregon

Yah - Painted Ladies, not Monarchs. Big streamers coming up from the big dessert blooms.

well, I liked the Monarchs "topping" explanation better haha but thanks for the clarification.

meter-man, that first pic!! So much stoke

Bootfitters? I wondered about Bobos. Found this 2015 article, so it may be OOD.
    (I have met Theron at Splats. Knowledgeable guy. He has been in industry for donkeys years. Noticed SnowWind on way to Rose, but haven't been inside.)
    *Here's a short list:
    Reno
    Bud Heishman, Snowind Sports, (775) 341-4409
    Theron Lee, Bobo's Mogul Mouse Ski & Patio, (775) 826-9096
    Tahoe
    Buck Brown, Olympic Bootworks, (530) 581-0747
    Cosmo Cosentini, Cosmo's Custom Footwerks, (530) 386-3795
    Christian Denis, Elite Feet, (530) 562-8922
    Jim Schaffer, Start Haus, (530) 582-5781
    Gunner Wolf, Granite Chief Ski & Mountain Center, (530) 587-2809*

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

https://www.newsreview.com/reno/agon...t?oid=19355337

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Cosmo has been gone for a couple years now. Moved to Oregon or Wash iirc

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    olympic bootworks at Squaw is where I got mine.
    Rode up the funi w the olympic boot works guy this morning. Sounds like he has a slight different technique for building molds that's sounds much closer to how an actual podiatrist would go about building a real orthotic. Based on the convo, I'd consider him first r my next pair without question

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Rode up the funi w the olympic boot works guy this morning. Sounds like he has a slight different technique for building molds that's sounds much closer to how an actual podiatrist would go about building a real orthotic. Based on the convo, I'd consider him first r my next pair without question
    His philosophy is to stabilize the heel rather than posting the arch. He molds them non-weight bearing so if your philosophy is that they should be fitted weight bearing go somewhere else. I've had Cosmo's and Olympics and they seemed very similar to me. Cosmo is gone like the man said. Now someone post some more pictures before this whole thread gets moved to tech talk.

Yeah, Cosmo is gone. Buck (Olympic Bootworks owner) used to run the little ski shop in Soda Springs (Java Summit) for those who remember.

Sako (Bestfit Boots) used to be up at Sugar Bowl but this year moved to Truckee, next to Paco's in the factory outlet area. I've been going to him for a while (as well as sending others) and have always had good experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Back up for another rip into the heart of darkness. I mean, the heart of cold blower ghosts
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190330_102418.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	276792
    This pic is awesome, but from the pic it's hard to tell who did your custom footbeds. Give us a clue
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

That pic makes me smile. And I thought I had fun today.

Meter - man bar none that is the best photo on the internets in a while! To me anyway

OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

Btw, good slushes at KW today. Started firm and lapped some groomers. Moved off piste. Highlights of the day.

“Dad follow me. I see a way into the Drain.” Then we ski Waterfall.

When I asked if we could take two laps off 6, instead of one, before calling it a day.

“Only if one can be Chamiox.”

Had a blast skiing with my kid today.

Rain/snow came in around 1pm. Snow line was top station of chair 11.

Just turned over to snain and maybe snow over the last half hour at 7750’. Hope we continue on that trend.

This pic is awesome, but from the pic it's hard to tell who did your custom footbeds. Give us a clue
    Thanks man - that day screamed out for a better camera than my phone! Appreciate the kudos, but man, it's only a shadow of how awesome it was in person. Gotta get some better gear and more importantly better skill! (appreciate the kudos huck and o-t-t-yeah-you-know-me)

But you raise a good point - the punter in the photos (telek not me) doesn't even use footbeds, much less custom ones.
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Had mine molded at Olympic Bootworks on Sunday, picking them up this weekend. I'm REALLY excited to get them into my snowboard boots and TLTs. Been riding with custom orthodics from my podiatrist, I think the Olympic Bootworks approach is even better than how my podiatrist made my molds.

Curious why you don't use the orthotics made by your podiatrist?

since this is the custom footbed thread. when i got me tibial plateau surgery done it ended up slightly misaligned which i'm guessing means my foot is not aligned the same as the other. is that something that can be corrected with a custom footbed?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

since this is the custom footbed thread. when i got me tibial plateau surgery done it ended up slightly misaligned which i'm guessing means my foot is not aligned the same as the other. is that something that can be corrected with a custom footbed?
    Don’t be an idiot powdork, you know the only way to truly fix it is to cut off your foot, rotate it back to the correct position then reattach.