Page 144 of 175 FirstFirst ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... LastLast
Results 3,576 to 3,600 of 4365
    Speaking of being on top of Elephant Back
    Cornice collapsed yesterday and took the storm snow with it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e-back-kristin-128.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	276681

gimpy is over there somewhere

Name:	55752422_10219151528684454_8185901091410411520_o.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	276682

Kristin gettin' after it. Whiskey maintains his singular focus

Name:	55932453_10219151548124940_6178332647392018432_o.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	276683

Getting back to the car is the crux

Name:	55869177_10219151529244468_4747942477208485888_o.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	111.2 KB 
ID:	276684
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by morphintoskittle View Post
    Anyone have advice on good custom footbeds around Reno/truckee? Preferably not too expensive but I understand you get what you pay for.
    Thanks
    Surefoot at Squaw. Not cheap but the custom insoles are really really good. Game changer for me and my fucked up feet.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Surefoot at Squaw. Not cheap...
    Can't think of *anywhere* that is more expensive...
    But I am purty ig'nant...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Surefoot at Squaw. Not cheap but the custom insoles are really really good. Game changer for me and my fucked up feet.
    I'm still using surefoot insoles I had made when they were still down at the junction of 89 so circa 2003. They've held up as well as any orthotic I've had made

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    Can't think of *anywhere* that is more expensive...
    But I am purty ig'nant...

I know! But they are fucking fantastic. I always had ski alignment issues before, including with other custom insoles. So I guess the qualifier is they are great if you have seriously messed up feet. All those years of soccer and whatever else puts me in that category.

no i dont count days. this year more then most. dead winter carpenters is a thing this year n ive been embracing it
    ya pdork they are in second pic too more grouped lower in pic. i waited what seemed like forever for a group of 2 to ski down the main crescent before i got in the line of fire to climb up. second of party crashed in apron after full flail mode n the reason for my long wait was explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Run it like a Mavs event. Have a window and if conditions dont align, call it off.

KW fun this afternoon. Parked at 12:55 on slope by 1:16. Put in 10k with my son. 2 on 10 and 5 on 6. I think Im stoked. Called it at 3:45 and came home to dig out the cabin.

Now he has it in his head he can hit 30k tomorrow cause he has all day.

KW knocking the grooming out. Finally Vail gets it. When its fat and spring, make some of those runs more accessible. The Wall, Montes, Zacks, Janek, Olympic and I assume Sentinel all groomed off the top. Olympic had some nice wintery chalkiness to it. Hit that twice. 2nd time fast.

Found some wintery off piste on the ridge left of All The Way. Good day.
    dude, missed you today!

They even groomed lookers right of 99 steps I guess for folks hiking from the top of 10? Kinda weird but yeah major thumbs up to Vail as all that stuff is in play for my kids when it's groomed. Not so much when it's not.. Side note, I've never seen California chute that tracked out, it was practically moguls.

Butterflies flying all over the backside, must be spring!

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    no i dont count days. this year more then most. dead winter carpenters is a thing this year n ive been embracing it.
    I appreciate that. Your ski season resembles my MTB season... out 6 times per week. Was just curious. Jealous on the flip side tho!

I think surefoot insoles are crap.

There's a pt at Tahoe Forest hospital in Truckee that does a great job for$35

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MashedPotatoes View Post
    dude, missed you today!

They even groomed lookers right of 99 steps I guess for folks hiking from the top of 10? Kinda weird but yeah major thumbs up to Vail as all that stuff is in play for my kids when it's groomed. Not so much when it's not.. Side note, I've never seen California chute that tracked out, it was practically moguls.

Butterflies flying all over the backside, must be spring!
    Bummer man. Would have been fun to spin a few laps with you. Around today? We are on spring break. So lots of juice and too much apres Wii.

Where did that 99 steps groomer go to? Did it run all the way to the chair 4 flats?

I like that they are bothering. KW used to do a lot in spring, but Vail really cut back on the grooming spring and winter. Not sure why given their customer demographics. It sure does help for morning laps when everything is still frozen.

I know groomers are really just things to avoid, but Im of the belief that is when the snow is good. Last weekend we spent all our time in the trees. Yesterday, not so much.

And yes, the butterflies. Insane. Plenty on the front side ridge. We hope to find some today. My son wants a picture with them. He kept saying to who ever would listen, this is the highest elevation Ive ever seen a butterflies. Weird, right?

What a weekend! Last of the cold blower and full-on blasting into spring! What an unreal three months.

High and mighty in the bubbles

Name:	IMG_20190330_082333.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	985.4 KB 
ID:	276707

Pointing out of this terrain looked good in the photo. Not pictured is the failed-turn-in-avy-debris-chunder into a classic off-balance-unintentional-20 footer-to-flat at the end of the bubbs. Gotta nail the exit!

Name:	IMG_20190330_082440_2.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	276708

Back up for another rip into the heart of darkness. I mean, the heart of cold blower ghosts

Name:	IMG_20190330_102418.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	276710

Popping off to finish off the corazon

Name:	IMG_20190330_102448_2.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	276711

Got home mid-morning, wife went to Alpine and reported top-notch chalk on N-facing aspects. Said High Yellow was $$.

Rolled down to Squaw mid-afternoon and caught BILLY STRINGS at WWG. Dude wails. Greensky was a yawner compared to that dude. Check him out.

Name:	IMG_20190330_193932.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	276712

Sunday was awesome too in a completely different direction, but this has been enough from me, so...
    [/BLOG]
    sproing!

FS: crampons, lightweight winter down sleeping bag, and stuff https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ost?highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    And yes, the butterflies. Insane. Plenty on the front side ridge. We hope to find some today. My son wants a picture with them. He kept saying to who ever would listen, “this is the highest elevation I’ve ever seen a butterflies. Weird, right?”
    Monarchs are known to fly to high mountain summits and dance up top - the scientists call it "topping." For real. Anyway, tons up in N Lake too - very glad to see so many - the western population of the monarch is crashing and many think this population is just a few years from extinction. Down 99% from the 1980s! Tell your kid to remember this day because they won't be here forever.
    sproing!

FS: crampons, lightweight winter down sleeping bag, and stuff https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ost?highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    damn halls looks short and fat like danny devito
    So much so that my girlfriend was able to ski it, AND maintain a smile the whole way.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Dang, gonna have to rename that zone Indian Rock Ski Resort
    The snow was prime, so we lapped it a bit -six of those tracks are ours. Still nice to have a few folks go first though, it was very sluffy.

Anyone have advice on good custom footbeds around Reno/truckee? Preferably not too expensive but I understand you get what you pay for.
    Thanks
    olympic bootworks at Squaw is where I got mine. Start Haus and Tahoe Sports Hub in Truckee have good reputations. A Squaw patrol friend uses Sports Hub for her boot work. Cheap? Fuggedaboutit.

Thanks
    Not sure on price but Village Ski Loft in Incline does full custom Sidas
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Thanks
    Darrell at Elite Feet Northstar is best of the best. He has to make people at N* happy, think about that!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Monarchs are known to fly to high mountain summits and dance up top - the scientists call it "topping." For real. Anyway, tons up in N Lake too - very glad to see so many - the western population of the monarch is crashing and many think this population is just a few years from extinction. Down 99% from the 1980s! Tell your kid to remember this day because they won't be here forever.
    Quite a few on the ridge at Alpine. I've heard about the decline in numbers, but there were times last summer I was mountain biking through clouds of them, seem to be doing ok, at least around here, for now.
    I really lack the words to compliment myself today. - Alberto Tomba

I think those butterflies are Painted Ladies on their way to Oregon

Yah - Painted Ladies, not Monarchs. Big streamers coming up from the big dessert blooms.

well, I liked the Monarchs "topping" explanation better haha but thanks for the clarification.

meter-man, that first pic!! So much stoke

Bootfitters? I wondered about Bobos. Found this 2015 article, so it may be OOD.
    (I have met Theron at Splats. Knowledgeable guy. He has been in industry for donkeys years. Noticed SnowWind on way to Rose, but haven't been inside.)
    *Here's a short list:
    Reno
    Bud Heishman, Snowind Sports, (775) 341-4409
    Theron Lee, Bobo's Mogul Mouse Ski & Patio, (775) 826-9096
    Tahoe
    Buck Brown, Olympic Bootworks, (530) 581-0747
    Cosmo Cosentini, Cosmo's Custom Footwerks, (530) 386-3795
    Christian Denis, Elite Feet, (530) 562-8922
    Jim Schaffer, Start Haus, (530) 582-5781
    Gunner Wolf, Granite Chief Ski & Mountain Center, (530) 587-2809*

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

https://www.newsreview.com/reno/agon...t?oid=19355337

Cosmo has been gone for a couple years now. Moved to Oregon or Wash iirc

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    olympic bootworks at Squaw is where I got mine.
    Rode up the funi w the olympic boot works guy this morning. Sounds like he has a slight different technique for building molds that's sounds much closer to how an actual podiatrist would go about building a real orthotic. Based on the convo, I'd consider him first r my next pair without question