Page 127 of 175 FirstFirst ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 4354
    Headed up this afternoon...two sets of chains on each tire to be safe.

Fucking hell I can't wait to ride tomorrow....haven't been to Squaw since February 11th. Only snowed 7 trillion feet since my last visit. However, I did get 7 days straight of skiing in Telluride and it wasn't too shabby either...and shocker, not one lift line.

Yesterday’s spongey layer stiffened a lot with the drop in snow level this morning. Rain/snow mix later this morning down to at least 2500’

Homewood reporting 50” more snow this season than Kirkwood or Alpine was worth a great laugh.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    How is inflating your snow totals any different than giving runs multiple names to inflate the number of trails a mountain has?

To me there is a difference. Terrain and runs do not change with every storm. Although I don’t like it, renaming runs or over classifying them (backside at Northstar) aren’t as bad because once you visit a resort you know what you are getting. Not being able to use resort’s snowfall totals to decide where you can ski kind of sucks.

For the record, I wish all resorts would give you three snowfall numbers: base, mid mountain and summit. Mid mountain should be reported if only one number is reported. No way marketing will allow this to happen especially with climate change.

Mammoth is a snow magnet. Biggest, snowiest, perfect orientation to get loaded by prevailing winds with nothing close to as high around it for several miles. It's kind of a geologic/topographical freak. Love that place.

Still haven't skied June, but I have zero doubt that the difference in averages is accurate. Would love to hit June on one of those sleeper Mono Lake Effect days when there's a good base to the road.

In other news, it'd be nice if we got a little more than an inch or two to combat dust-on-choppy-crust effect inbounds now that it's cooled down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    it'd be nice if we got a little more than an inch or two to combat dust-on-choppy-crust effect inbounds now that it's cooled down.
    Well above average snowfalls are never enough it seems !

Heheh. I'm thankful for every day, don't get me wrong.
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

Kind of a sleeper day at Squaw. If you followed the wind you could find near boot deep stashes. Caught one of the first chairs up Granite and it was way better than anything I expected to ski today. Nice and cold again for a change so even the cut up pow is skiing nicely.

Was too busy skiing to take photos...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9652.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	719.8 KB 
ID:	273099
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    I wish the word would spread around that you should have a *spare* set at least because they do break and then you are up ice creek without a...
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Also, just a heads up about the old rain layer. In my roof shoveling of the last three weeks, I’ve found consistent, clean shears at the top of the still-not-frozen wet grains so be ready for a big cycle with rapid warming or a high rain event.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Fucking hell I can't wait to ride tomorrow....haven't been to Squaw since February 11th. Only snowed 7 trillion feet since my last visit. However, I did get 7 days straight of skiing in Telluride and it wasn't too shabby either...and shocker, not one lift line.
    Where’s the TR from Telluride

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Kind of a sleeper day at Squaw. If you followed the wind you could find near boot deep stashes.
    Sleeper day at Alpine too with more than an inch or two of new snow, which would have made Light Ranger happy. Still guessing there was 17% more snow at Squaw. You made a great choice TahoeJ.
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

Did you go on Hot Wheels?

I bet you guys regret not getting an epic pass. I heard Northstar got the most snow out of this storm.

Quote Originally Posted by gone2alpine View Post
    Sleeper day at Alpine too with more than an inch or two of new snow, which would have made Light Ranger happy. Still guessing there was 17% more snow at Squaw. You made a great choice TahoeJ.
    Excellent. And, shit, even an inch or two is better than skiing a desk like I did today.

You’ve lost it, you’ll never get out of this maze

Name:	IMG_7753.JPG 
Views:	297 
Size:	716.5 KB 
ID:	273142Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7599.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	273143Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7537.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	273144

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Mammoth is a snow magnet. Biggest, snowiest, perfect orientation to get loaded by prevailing winds with nothing close to as high around it for several miles. It's kind of a geologic/topographical freak. Love that place.

Still haven't skied June, but I have zero doubt that the difference in averages is accurate. Would love to hit June on one of those sleeper Mono Lake Effect days when there's a good base to the road.

In other news, it'd be nice if we got a little more than an inch or two to combat dust-on-choppy-crust effect inbounds now that it's cooled down.
    That’s because it’s a super volcano and the whole area will probably blow at some point. In the meantime though.... let the snow fly! ;-)
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Tried as I might, I was unable to find this crust you speak of at Kirkwood today. Just soft spongy snow.

Arrive about 10:45 to a fairly full valley from TC in. Lots of people on the road. Shared the single last parking spot with GBB. Thought it was going to be skied out and crowded. Nope. Lapped great snow all day. Maybe 8 Thunder Saddle runs. Final run off 10 was wind loaded fun. Might ski inbounds tomorrow. Dunno. But it is really good right now. Almost Epic like it says on my pass.

H

Fucking hell I can't wait to ride tomorrow....haven't been to Squaw since February 11th.
    It was heroic fast windbuffed pow for my KT22 sesh today. If not for the flat light that dominated the terrain it would have been push limits as much as possible conditions for me. Aside how do I sign a pact with the devil to get ski powers like yours? Asking for a friend.

I think gimpy wins thread mvp this season

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Tried as I might, I was unable to find this crust you speak of at Kirkwood today. Just soft spongy snow.

Arrive about 10:45 to a fairly full valley from TC in. Lots of people on the road. Shared the single last parking spot with GBB. Thought it was going to be skied out and crowded. Nope. Lapped great snow all day. Maybe 8 Thunder Saddle runs. Final run off 10 was wind loaded fun. Might ski inbounds tomorrow. Dunno. But it is really good right now. Almost Epic like it says on my pass.
    Lol, at first I misread it that you did 8 Thunder Bowl laps and I was like how is that possible unless you are Kilian Jornet? Glad you had a good time. I might be able to tour on Sunday.

Squaw was fun today. As mentioned, find where the wind puts the snow.

Hilight was looking over a Nstar and all the snow they have over there...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    FWIW Thunder Saddle and Hell's will be roped off tomorrow since the freeride comp is shifting over there. Skied it at the end of the day with my daughter while she looked at possible lines for her run and it was still pretty damn good. As was the rest of the mountain.

I was bored with the great snow so I went south to find some wind. It's going well so far... It is nice to have 4000'+ runs for a change. This was Crater Crest, which I didn't start until 1400 after lazily driving down today. Wind on the summit ridge was...stiff.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15520960180240.jpeg 
Views:	193 
Size:	131.7 KB 
ID:	273174Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15520960181071.jpeg 
Views:	202 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	273175

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Homewood reporting 50” more snow this season than Kirkwood or Alpine was worth a great laugh.
    But it's true the super cold storms focused on the area from south of Homewood up to Truckee and elevation wasn't a factor in snow densities. To be fair, why would they lie. They're just getting flatter and flatter.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    You’ve lost it, you’ll never get out of this maze

Name:	IMG_7753.JPG 
Views:	297 
Size:	716.5 KB 
ID:	273142
    Damn I've wanted to ski that forever. Pretty sure it's the first pic i've ever seen of someone skiing it.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.