Page 119 of 175 FirstFirst ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 4354
    Neat blog on Squaw/Alpine avalanche mitigation.

https://squawalpine.com/explore/blog...AyjbMrZC27zAew
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    If I drive up to Tahoe, do I need chains for my spare tire?
    don'r forget chains for your steering wheel too.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Vail just announced KW open until April 14 along with N* and HV schedule with bonus weekend April 19-21.
    Better. Too bad they still have not figured out that steep and north facing is where you want to be in April. N* is going to be a shit show with everyone stuck to the snow and pushing down hill.

Pretty stark precip cutoff N-S.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Good for Sugar Bowl and Squawlpine, basically. And Northstar, as they'll magically report twice as much as the others (that place has gone full Breck).

Anyway, I'll be at Sugar Bowl bright and early tomorrow if anyone is around. Green helmet, grey Flylow jacket, orange pants.
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 02-28-2019 at 07:42 PM.

tried to get you that promised land buddy pass J but it's not transferrable. Insult to injury right there

SLEEPER POW DAY. Not Deep but FRESH again and again and again. Midweek is really what it is all about. Just enough pushback with a little grabby. No people, no lines, no waiting, no stress parking, and Easy to Find FRESH. KFactor was in effect!

Oh and an EXTENDO Season to boot!
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    SLEEPER POW DAY. Not Deep but FRESH again and again and again. Midweek is really what it is all about. Just enough pushback with a little grabby. No people, no lines, no waiting, no stress parking, and Easy to Find FRESH. KFactor was in effect!

anything left? Thought I might take advantage of the break in the weather to go poke around tomorrow.. Did Eagle open?

Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    If they announce closing next year on March 1st and extend to April 1st, are you going to be even more stoked? lol...

Did someone say sleeper day?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6804.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	1,018.7 KB 
ID:	271915
    Kbrew cliffs gone

Name:	IMG_6787.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	271916

Line up a long shot maybe try it 2 times, maybe more

Name:	IMG_6907.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	271922Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6918.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	271923

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I bet Vail got hit hard financially this February in their Tahoe resorts. All this snow and traffic probably kept a lot of their wealthy customers home in one of their most profitable months. Presidents Day must have been real bad with the huge storm over the weekend blocking 88 and bringing 50 to a stand still. Wonder if they are trying to recoup some of their losses by staying open a bit longer. It will be an interesting March and April to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by hercule33 View Post
    I bet Vail got hit hard financially this February in their Tahoe resorts. All this snow and traffic probably kept a lot of their wealthy customers home in one of their most profitable months. Presidents Day must have been real bad with the huge storm over the weekend blocking 88 and bringing 50 to a stand still. Wonder if they are trying to recoup some of their losses by staying open a bit longer. It will be an interesting March and April to watch.
    I think the timing just after the Ikon 2019-2020 pricing and Spring skiing at Mammoth and Squaw after 3/8 scared the shit out of Vail.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I posted a good twelve
    Pics a few pages back. I think they are showing correctly, but can’t quote (for some reason) them to bring them back to the front.

I bet this thread would have more pics if it was not a pain to host them here.
    Yeah, but your pix didn't have Grateful Dead (or Talking Heads) song quote captions...

"Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by KJA64 View Post
    I think the timing just after the Ikon 2019-2020 pricing and Spring skiing at Mammoth and Squaw after 3/8 scared the shit out of Vail.
    Maybe but if so then Vail’s response is super lame and really doesn’t compete with the IKON pass. Seems to me they want to recoup some of the money they lost with all the February cancellations by offering some popular weekends in April.

This thread would be such a bummer if gimpy hadn’t learned how to post pics last year.

OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

^^Yes, Gimpy wins thread MVP honors. We will have to craft him a FOMO trophy.

As per Vail nonsense...

They are only extending because Easter is really late this year. I guarantee you the early closing and later “extended” opening was planned in advance for that exact reason.
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 03-01-2019 at 07:00 AM.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

or maybe Vail just didn't want to deal with the hate funnel they knew was going to be pointing directly at them for the next 5 weeks.. The early close causes a major bitch fest, can't be fun to be on the receiving end of it..

OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Yeah, but your pix didn't have Grateful Dead (or Talking Heads) song quote captions...

Id post a talking heads song quote but fuck no on the dead. Not my jam. I could get into RZA quotes but not sure where to fit “stuck to her ass like a Victoria Secret wedgie”. Now I’m
    Thinking about some Cappodonna lyrics that would fit. Damnit you. Good my head going now.

If Vail was really competing w IKON, they would have come up with a plan to keep some lifts running till at least the end of April. They didn’t. So they still suck.

This year I bet did hurt them. Maybe they will learn that sometimes folks like to ski in sunshine. I know I’m gonna but a $11 beer on closing day just to show them.
    Last edited by Ottime; 02-28-2019 at 10:00 PM.

Season extended at Vail resorts by 1 week, woohoo! Now they're only open 11 weeks less than Squaw! And ∞ less weeks than Mammoth!

Not sure how the #fail business model really works. We were in Park City for xmas and skied all of the other blackout days. They are seeking to provide an experience for those guests, built a financial "Wall" and kept most out. Better "Experience" than almost every other weekend. We ski all of them. Blackout days lead to empty lodges and bars, you do see many rental skis though.w

Pleanty Left!
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

Quote Originally Posted by MashedPotatoes View Post
    or maybe Vail just didn't want to deal with the hate funnel they knew was going to be pointing directly at them for the next 5 weeks.. The early close causes a major bitch fest, can't be fun to be on the receiving end of it..
    so you're saying... the hate funnel *works*??

While I appreciate the motive, given the hype around this "Innovative Social Venture" made by someone who was "an early employee at Lyft and worked at Airbnb", I expected their "trusted online platform that serves the needs of the homeowners, employers, and employees." to be more than just a google form. You'd think by now the tech crowd would have figured out how to embed forms into their own website.

http://www.ttcf.net/no-profit/innova...GkkpSATGCF5R8A

Quote Originally Posted by emcee View Post
    so you're saying... the hate funnel *works*??
    hah. no, I don't think Vail really gives a shit but maybe with the previous years of bitching it had a small influence who knows.

I'm going skiing. Anybody's around say high!

Pretty windy at Alpine but looks like the have Summit off wind hold. If you see someone with a bright orange freeride systems jacket and a funny accent say hello!

Quote Originally Posted by drbecks View Post
    Pretty windy at Alpine but looks like the have Summit off wind hold. If you see someone with a bright orange freeride systems jacket and a funny accent say hello!
    So Rudy skis Alpine now? Shit. I thought a purist like you would only ski Squaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.