Portable Air compressor for bikes as well as car?

Hey stupid question of the day:

I’m upgrading my portable power source for jump starting a car to include an air compressor for tire pressure. Something like this:
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stanley-F...-J7CS/38243753

Can I then abandon the floor pump and use this for at the car/in garage filling bike tires? Tires with tubes, not fancy tubeless.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-18...P737/206159256

Just need a battery to go with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

I have a portable air compressor, but would not consider it for bike tires. It's insanely loud, for one. But also, my understanding is that unless you are going big (non portable, high quality), they are not all that durable (and my portable one feels fairly cheap/non-durable). And I prefer to save it's finite life for car tires in need.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Harbor Freight usually has em cheap. If you don't plan on using it all the time, pay as little as possible and make sure to drain the water out after use. Although you say you aren't doing tubeless, that Ryobi won't seat a tubeless. But other than that, it looks like a pretty good option for you needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    In concept that is awesome, but I can't help but wonder how durable and reliable that thing is considering the price.

I keep a portable air compressor in my car with a schraeder-presta adapter. Its a cheapie and runs off the cigarette lighter. I'm sure that the gauge isn't accurate compared to an expensive floor pump and it is kinda noisy, but it is fast and convenient, and I just leave it in the car. It has also helped to limp out of the back country with a slow leak in a car or truck tire a couple times, and I don't have to look for a gas station to get my car tires up to spec.

I recommend carrying one and using it on your bike 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    I keep a portable air compressor in my car with a schraeder-presta adapter. Its a cheapie and runs off the cigarette lighter. I'm sure that the gauge isn't accurate compared to an expensive floor pump and it is kinda noisy, but it is fast and convenient, and I just leave it in the car. It has also helped to limp out of the back country with a slow leak in a car or truck tire a couple times, and I don't have to look for a gas station to get my car tires up to spec.

I recommend carrying one and using it on your bike 100%.
    I definitely recommend having a portable one in the car. But do you use it to air all your tires, ie do away with a home floor pump entirely? Because that's what he's asking.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Keep in mind that these mini-compressors won't have the sustained pressure to mount a difficult tubeless tire.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Snow View Post
    Keep in mind that these mini-compressors won't have the sustained pressure to mount a difficult tubeless tire.
    difficult is the key word here. Ive ripped the bead off my rim a handful of times and seated it no problem with a cheap floor pump back at my car. It really all depends on how well your tire-rim combo works together if you need a compressor or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Can I then abandon the floor pump and use this for. . . filling bike tires
    No, don't do that. What's the problem with a floor pump?

If you wanna be lazy at the garage, get a real 120V compressor.

A couple years ago I bought a Viair 88P to replace an old weary 12V compressor. It works great for truck and car tires when I'm away from home (where I have a 30 gallon/220V compressor) and a significant upgrade (i.e., much faster, moves more air) vs. my old 12V unit, and IMO required emergency gear for our truck/camper and long road trips in the car. But there's no way I'd put it into everyday use.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I definitely recommend having a portable one in the car. But do you use it to air all your tires, ie do away with a home floor pump entirely? Because that's what he's asking.
    I have a shitty home floor pump but I rarely use it. The harbor freight-grade cigarette lighter compressor does almost all the work.

Whatever you decide, I'd get separate units. These compact, lithium ion jump starters fit in the glove box and can be used as a power bank.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.