Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I like the Beal sewn prussik a little more than the sterling if you have the opportunity to put your hands on both. I can't vouch for how it grabs on super skinny ropes though it should work at 5.5mm. I think the strength rating is a lot higher than the sterling too.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I have the Beal prussic as well and you're right that it's stronger. 22kn for the Beal and 16.4kn for the hollow block. However, the hollow block grips and releases better on the 6mm and just about every other rope/cord I've tried it on. It's heat resistant as well.

70m 9.4 Mammuts

For alpine and ice climbing I use a 70m Mammut Serenity 8.7mm dry rope and I'll bring a 7mm tag line if I need the double rope rap. I love the rope. It's really light and easy to manage. It's about 2 years old and still going strong.

70m 9.4 Mammuts

I have Sterling Evolution Velocity 9.8mm

I'm quite fond of the beal gullys for alpine route. Sport lead and single rope trad I'm liking anything in the 9.4-9.6 range, i don't think the thinner rope adversely affects lifespan.

mammut all the way

I've climbed on a bunch of different brands and of course it comes down to personal preference. That being the case, I really like mammut ropes...seem to strike the perfect balance between soft/workable and durability. No complaints

Talking incredible

I did not think that there would be so many types of ropes, I only knew the mammoth and it was there, now I am going to check online stores and reviews about ropes to see which one best suits the type of mountains that I normally climb

Speaking of ropes, if anybody has any retired ropes they want to get rid of, I am looking for some to make rugs of. If you have a couple, I will make one into a rug for you if you want.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Have ALOT of retired ropes, SoCal pickup? Hate shipping

Yeah, I am in Ventura and willing to drive for pick up and to buy you a beer.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot