Longer Fitting Arc'teryx Shells

Currently have a Fission SV that I love, but I want to add a true shell to the mix for the warmer/hiking days. Im a tall and laky guy with a tall torso and long arms. Most shells I try on are short in the arms and super wide in the stomach area. My fission fits me awesome all around. Can the collective add any input? Im a large fyi.

im currently wearing a norrona narvik goretex shell jacket that specifically had a longer fit to it.
    its damn near a skirt on me, but it is what i wanted.

pretty sure the narvik line has been discontinued (they seem to have a new name every year), but you may be able to find something else from them with a long cut.

i jumped ship from arc'teryx when they wouldn't warranty my jacket that fell apart at the shoulder areas because i wear a backpack every day.

I think Sabre has been the longer resort coat. Rush is also fairly long. The mountaineering coats (beta etc) will be shorter, to not impede mobility and leg strides. Look at their Whiteline

Quote Originally Posted by anything View Post
    im currently wearing a norrona narvik goretex shell jacket that specifically had a longer fit to it.

pretty sure the narvik line has been discontinued (they seem to have a new name every year), but you may be able to find something else from them with a long cut.

i jumped ship from arc'teryx when they wouldn't warranty my jacket that fell apart at the shoulder areas because i wear a backpack every day.
    Tamok has the fit, but a bit heavy for a pure shell. Hagløfs also has several models suitable for us tall and lanky guys, but most are also freeride-jackets

Westcomb is a good fit for me with monkey arms. Rush in arcteryx
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Outdoor Research Axiom is pretty amazing for tall / trim folk. Easily the best fitting jacket made for people 6ft and up for size. I'm 6'4 with long arms and can wear the Large (sleeves fit) but for skiing prefer the XL (for layering). It is however described as "trim fit" on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    I think Sabre has been the longer resort coat. Rush is also fairly long. The mountaineering coats (beta etc) will be shorter, to not impede mobility and leg strides. Look at their Whiteline
    I can confirm Sabre fits longer and slightly roomier than the Rush. I had a large rush for several years however wanted more room for midlayers. Now have a Saber and love the fit. The longer length is nice for the ass crack when bending over digging pits.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

have you tried calling the 1 800 arcterxy # to ask how their stuff fits?

I bought a pair of soft shell pants over the phone after they gave me warranty on the old pair and they were bang on ..
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Cloudveil in its heyday was awesome for gorilla arms. My RPK is still my usual ski shell untill it's over 30 degrees.
    WTF happened to them?
    And Gore Tex softshell?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by anything View Post

Confirmed. I have a Lofoton (from ~ 2010) that has super long arms. I wear a 37" shirt sleeve and it easily covers my knuckles.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Rab, is the only thing that fits my monkey arms. Arcteryx and OR sleeves are 1-2" short. First ascent tall is pretty good too for lower price points.

Japanada, text me!

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Japanada, text me!

Just did bud!

And thanks for the help guys. Getting in touch is hard for me, lots of work time and I tend to forget on lunch. I am staying with the dino since I have a homey hookup on the stuff.

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

The zeta ar seems to be a longer cut. No fluff either.
    What I want to know is if the hood is the same cut as the gamma lt, which is the best piece of clothing I've ever owned.
    From what I can tell the 2 pieces are very similar

Quote Originally Posted by phallic-menace View Post
    The zeta ar seems to be a longer cut. No fluff either.
    What I want to know is if the hood is the same cut as the gamma lt, which is the best piece of clothing I've ever owned.
    From what I can tell the 2 pieces are very similar
    Second that.
    I have a Zeta LT Hybrid jacket in a large and its long. Excellent fit.

Longer Fitting Arc'teryx Shells

I happen to own the Zeta AR, Sabre, and Gamma Lt. They each serve their purpose.

I grab the Zeta AR for backpacking, biking in torrential downpours, walking around the city in the rain. Especially during the spring and summer when the temps are warmer. It breathes better than the Sabre. A bit slimmer cut but nice and long.

I grab the Sabre for resort skiing, and during colder temps when I need to layer a puffer below it (its roomier). The fabric is tougher and is much more durable when skiing in trees. Not to say the Zeta AR isn’t the Sabre is just a bit tougher. There also is a powder skirt making it a winter sports only jacket. Once again nice and long cut.

In a completely different class is the Gamma Lt. But since you bring it up the hoods are similar build but much less volume on the Gamma Lt. The Zeta has more room in it, also it comes up higher on the face which is nice when it’s really coming down.

Ski shells are typically longer at the waist.
    The Sphene is light and quite slim fit.
    The Sabre is tougher, heavier, roomier.
    The current Rush is a tad tighter than the Sabre.
    From RAB I've a Neo Shell which I'm happy to use on descents after skinning up.
    It has long sleeves, but it's average at the waisr.

Nice. My gamma lt hood is easily the best hood I've ever used. Do other companies even do r&d. The hood fits exceptionally well with either a toque or my Smith variant, especially now I've discovered how well the brim cinch sits under the helmet brim. Game changing having it locked in there. The chin could definitely come up higher but is still the best and highest I've ever used.

Sounds like I've hijacked this thread to answer a question I'd put off asking, now my questions are answered its time to stump up for a new shell I guess