Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    You guys been to Kremmling lately, up and coming. Seriously. Thankfully you can still get a health portion of "ya'll ain't from 'round here" redneck attitude.

"I'd like a triple low fat...shot of...room for...wait...do you have"

"They are not ready, what to you want"

"How to you get to Steamboat"

"I usually drive but sometimes I ride my horse"

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Check out Golden. Commute up to Boulder. You’re at the foot of the mountains and 20 mins ahead of the Denver/Boulder weekend ski zoo. 40 mins on I70 to Loveland. Denver is 20 mins east. Awesome mountain biking out your back door, kayaking, climbing and fishing on Clear Creek. Cycling up Lookout Mtn. Good breweries and small town vibe. Good schools.

Daytrip skiing on the weekend just requires flexibility and patience. Go early, leave late. Was much easier 10 years ago but now you’re fucked past 7am. However, even with the mind numbing crawl of traffic, you can get to the general resort area in 2-3 hours, unless there’s a huge accident or storm and the tunnel is closed.

I ski weekdays because of a flexible work schedule and do every other weekend my 6 year old and wife. We either go early Sat or Sun AM and expect it to take 2-2:30 from Denver to Copper (usually 75 mins without traffic) and have dinner in Summit County and leave late and miss most of the traffic back. The volume of people sucks but it is what it is. The weekday skiing I get keeps me sane. If I didn’t have that, I’d go crazy.

I love visiting Boulder and hiking there. But personally prefer Denver, especially these days as it’s grown up.
    Nope. Golden is full. 93 is a shit show.

Sorry folks...Colorado is full also...

Even Golden has gotten crazy expensive......inventory is low. I can't believe what people are paying for homes in town now.....but it is a pretty awesome place. I figured it would eventually happen...even with all the changes in town as we move towards being Boulder light it is still an awesome place to live with some of the best access on the Front Range. And yeah traffic sucks I wouldn't want to be in Boulder and adding another hour round trip to ski. I mountain bike a lot more then I ski now anyway, but still manage to get 25 to 30 days a year skiing, but that includes some back country days to avoid the I-70 mess during peak season.

Quote Originally Posted by steadieflow View Post
    Even Golden has gotten crazy expensive......inventory is low. I can't believe what people are paying for homes in town now.....but it is a pretty awesome place. I figured it would eventually happen...even with all the changes in town as we move towards being Boulder light
    "Towards"?

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    THIS.. my biggest gripe about Colorado is the Native vs Transplant argument. @shredalot do tell me when your family moved to Colorado. The only true natives in Colorado are the mountain goats and bears! STFU.

Do what feels right, if you want to give Colorado a try. DO IT. Lived there for 4 years through med school and loved most of my time there. I70 is manageable if you are flexible. Between the IKON and EPIC. You have great skiing options for cheap. However quite honestly the Basin has the best terrain and vibe IMHO.

There are a ton of people heading out to CO — but my one word of cation is that cost of living in Boulder isn’t exactly cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    You have a bit of a point, but mountain goats aren't native to Colorado. Wrong answer Chuck!

I have to relocate to the Denver area (not complaining at all)...I'm really interested to see which is worse: I70 shit show or I80 shit show going to Tahoe.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

They both suck but I-70 is way worse (on an average weekend). Imagine I-80 without chain controls, cause freedom!

I-80 is a Friday night/Sunday night thing, right?

70 is more of a Saturday/Sunday mornings and afternoons thing. And then random times beyond that.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    I have to relocate to the Denver area (not complaining at all)...I'm really interested to see which is worse: I70 shit show or I80 shit show going to Tahoe.
    There's not even a thread for I80. Amateurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I-80 is a Friday night/Sunday night thing, right?

70 is more of a Saturday/Sunday mornings and afternoons thing. And then random times beyond that.
    I70 on Fridays has been horrendous this summer. Not sure if it’ll carry over till winter. I also find Sunday morning generally aren’t bad...it’s the return that sucks to hell.

I-70 on Friday nights sucks if it’s snowing, Saturday and Sunday mornings suck for a few hours, As does Saturday afternoon. Sunday from about 1:00pm to 8:00pm sucks. It’ll keep getting worse every year which also sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    I-70 is bad at times.
    I-25 is bad most of the time.
    I would avoid having to commute on it at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I70 on Fridays has been horrendous this summer. Not sure if it’ll carry over till winter. I also find Sunday morning generally aren’t bad...it’s the return that sucks to hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by GPP33 View Post
    I-70 on Friday nights sucks if it’s snowing, Saturday and Sunday mornings suck for a few hours, As does Saturday afternoon. Sunday from about 1:00pm to 8:00pm sucks. It’ll keep getting worse every year which also sucks.
    Haven't driven much 70 this summer, so I'll take your word that it's been bad on Fridays. But yeah, in winter, it's only when snowing, and even then it's usually not too bad, but admittedly I'm getting off at Empire.

This winter, I'm going to be more of a day skier (kid in Eldora race program every weekend), so I'll get to see more of the Saturday/Sunday morning shitshow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I-70 is bad at times.
    I-25 is bad most of the time.
    I would avoid having to commute on it at all costs.
    Agree re 25. Especially south Denver.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy