Spokane Most Affordable Outdoorsy City - Realtor.com

I found this article interesting. For anyone interested in accessing the goods while still being able to actually live near, this could be of interest.

https://www.realtor.com/news/trends/...0&sf91468740=1

Spocompton looks like Watts circa 1965 with the current air quality. BUY NOW!

Nothing to see here folks, keep moving to Bend.

Sure....rub it in! Heretofore, your town will be called: Spo-KANE!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    I found this article interesting. For anyone interested in accessing the goods while still being able to actually live near, this could be of interest.

https://www.realtor.com/news/trends/...0&sf91468740=1
    The 'goods' are based on:

Share of homes with outdoor patios, outdoor kitchens, and decks
    Bicycle-friendliness rating
    Per capita kayaking, rafting, and outdoor gear stores
    Number of campgrounds
    Share of restaurants with outdoor seating
    Per capita of conservation scientists and foresters (sign of heavy park presence)
    Number of national parks in the state
    Percentage of residents who live within a 10-minute walk of a park

Here's how Columbus made the top ten:

"Columbus is a great place for folks who want to get outside—to drink craft beer or hear live music. In fact, there are free outdoor concerts every Sunday evening in about a half-dozen locations throughout the city."

That article kinda sucks unless outdoors to you means sitting on a porch drinking a beer. Spokane may be worthy overall for stuff besides porches, but I can think of many other towns that would be equal or better for that top ten. Ogden for example median house price is $194,400. Spokane is -1 Ogdens, right?

And is this true, tix over $200 in Tahoe? Where? "Growing up, she’d visit Lake Tahoe where a day pass can cost over $200."

^^ Yeah, I know, I caught that, too. $200 for a girl who is just now a soph in college? Maybe a bit exaggerated?

This too:

"“When you go in a bar, you’ll see fliers up for rock climbing, camping trips, and running groups” instead of for shows, Erigero says.

When she's not running along the Spokane River or camping with friends, she’s hitting the slopes. Growing up, she’d visit Lake Tahoe where a day pass can cost over $200. In Spokane she usually pays $45 for a day of skiing. The area also has a big climbing scene at Mount Spokane."

There isn't ANY climbing scene at Mt. Spokane. Other areas around the region, sure but not there.