Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Open air urinals in Paris

What does the Padded room think? Maybe they need some for women too? Is this the solution we need in America?
    Name:  Paris.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  55.8 KB
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45174382

They’ve got similar things all over Amsterdam too. Gotta help the Euro piss smell you get some places in the summer.

Aaaaannnd...profile photo.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Maybe a little fence? Flaps? Something? That's gross and the placement is obviously agenda-driven, although what exactly the agenda is, is a bit mysterious from here.

I mean, were people frequently pissing in that spot previously? I'm gonna say probably not. Historic townhouse next door, direct view of the river...somebody's trying to make a point.

I'm just as glad I don't get it. Fucking Frenchies.

A pissoir or vespasienne is a structure that provides support and screening of urinals in public space. It is a French invention common in Europe that allows for urination in public without the need for a toilet building. Wikipedia
    Got to love the pissoir, nothing quite like a piss as you watch Europe pass by. Never been to Paris, but have pissed in Amsterdam.

Europeans are much less hung up about such things. Communal bathrooms in alpine huts (individual stalls with doors.) Cleaning ladies freely walk in to clean bathrooms in Moscow. Urinals in the common part of unisex bathrooms. North Carolina can learn a thing or two before passing stupid bathroom laws.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

No doubt we could be way less hung-up. But that's not the whole story as evidenced by that pic.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Maybe a little fence? Flaps? Something? That's gross and the placement is obviously agenda-driven, although what exactly the agenda is, is a bit mysterious from here.

I mean, were people frequently pissing in that spot previously? I'm gonna say probably not. Historic townhouse next door, direct view of the river...somebody's trying to make a point.

I'm just as glad I don't get it. Fucking Frenchies.
    I think they were originally placed in such places so they could drain directly into the river, or that is what I noticed in Amsterdam. You don't want to swim in the Seine, or Dutch canals.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

I thought Paris _was_ an open urinal. No?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Why not let people pee over the edge of bridges while tour boats go by. It could be a golden opportunity for tourists.

Some would probably pay extra for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    Why not let people pee over the edge of bridges while tour boats go by. It could be a golden opportunity for tourists.
    It will be a golden something. That's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Some would probably pay extra for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    It will be a golden something. That's for sure.
    LoL
    Could enhance the whole "gay paree" thing.
    NTTAWWT

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I thought Paris _was_ an open urinal. No?
    Looking for the source of that quote, which I know I've seen before, I found this short fun piece about Hemingway: https://nypost.com/2014/03/08/when-e...erate-a-hotel/

When bombing around Amsterdam last summer, I noticed the place was riddled with billboards, sidewalk ads and various painted ads for Canal tours.

I amused myself and embarrassed my wife and kids by insisting on calling attention to myself as I covered up the 'C' in those ads.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Looking for the source of that quote, which I know I've seen before, I found this short fun piece about Hemingway: https://nypost.com/2014/03/08/when-e...erate-a-hotel/
    That was a fun story. In particular I liked this paragraph:
    The antics at and around it during World War II were often shocking, as one half was reserved for high-level Nazis — Adolf Hitler’s second-in-command, morphine-addicted cross-dresser Hermann Göring, lived in its grandest suite — while the other was open for business to sympathetic celebrities and socialites and citizens of neutral countries.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Got to love the pissoir, nothing quite like a piss as you watch Europe pass by. Never been to Paris, but have pissed in Amsterdam.

Europeans are much less hung up about such things. Communal bathrooms in alpine huts (individual stalls with doors.) Cleaning ladies freely walk in to clean bathrooms in Moscow. Urinals in the common part of unisex bathrooms. North Carolina can learn a thing or two before passing stupid bathroom laws.
    Fair, but europe could also not smell like piss if they pursued the puritanical "you have to register as a sex offender if we catch you pissing in public" laws.

Sent from my SM-N950U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    When bombing around Amsterdam last summer, I noticed the place was riddled with billboards, sidewalk ads and various painted ads for Canal tours.

I amused myself and embarrassed my wife and kids by insisting on calling attention to myself as I covered up the 'C' in those ads.
    Well yeah that might do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    That was a fun story. In particular I liked this paragraph:
    I liked this:

Quote Originally Posted by NY Post
    Hemingway “commandeered a motorcycle with a sidecar,” and “loaded up the sidecar with whiskey and machine guns.”
    My kinda guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    It would be a most presidential reception for tourists.
    Especially if the ones peeing just ate asparagus

From the same culture that brought you Piss Boy.

Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Fair, but europe could also not smell like piss if they pursued the puritanical "you have to register as a sex offender if we catch you pissing in public" laws.

Sent from my SM-N950U using TGR Forums mobile app
    then they will have to put in a 2 shake limit law. shake it more than twice and yer playin with it.

If they are going to have things like this there better not be any bitching about public breast feeding.

San Francisco is an open air shitter...

Thats pretty open

On White ave in Edmonton a busy pedestrian area they had something that was a little more booth like, made of plastic, open air portable, 4 stalls but with a lot more wall (like a cubical ) pissing into a center tank seemed like a good idea

http://portlandloo.com/

they put one of these^^ in down town, people bitched about the money spent but they are probably the same people who complained about the stage, the new ice rink, bike lanes ... everyfuckingthing that makes it a better place to live
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Gotta help the Euro piss smell you get some places in the summer.
    national past time

Name:  pp.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  61.2 KB
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....