Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    Looks like there is some trails in Nisene park worth checking out?
    Unless something has changed, trails in Nisene Marks aren't open to bikes. The original owner of the land apparently made that a condition of turning it over to state parks. That said the trails are fun. It was actually a state park employee at the campground who told us to climb the fire road up to the 3-way intersection and look for a singletrack near a bench just beyond it. Then keep turning right. We ended up outside the park at a buddist monastery. You could also get dropped off to do your ride at Demo and then ride back over the ridge into Nisene, then ride back to town from there.

The Buddhist Monastery has significant hiker traffic and it's very disruptive when bikes come through there.

Lower Nisene Marks, Aptos Creek Trail is legal and open to bikes.
    Upper Nisene Marks the fire roads are all open to bikes and is actually quite pleasant riding. There are threads on MTBR hashing out the history of the bike access in that area.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Yeah we had no idea where we were going to pop out. Just kept turning right. But instead of coming out in lower part of the park we came out at the monastery. I do remember seeing a couple hikers in there but mostly it was a bunch of jumps. This was almost 10 yrs ago.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    That is a nice map. Fucking fires.
    well crap, you went from worrying about smoke to rain. Things might not be too soaked early but it looks like prime conditions wont return until Monday after the weekend dry-out.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

I got a couple good rides in Monday & Tuesday and shorter one this morning, so it turned out well. Activities with the kids planned Th & Fr...sitting in truck with napping baby watching the rain now.

Found lots of fun trails, redwoods are awesome to ride under. Does seem like there is tons of poison oak, hAve been showering with dishsoap. 3 year old picks everything up and says "is this poison?"

perfect timing!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell