Anyone have inserts for tele and alpine bindings on the same ski?

A while ago, I started a thread on Look Pivot vs tele mount hole interference. Turns out, Pivots are probably the most likely to interfere (with a 22 Designs 6-hole, or Voile 4-hole tele mount).

So I'm thinking Salomon STH2 may be a better bet (at the very least, the heel holes will almost certainly be clear of the tele mount). Then I was thinking: if I can figure out an alpine binding that does not interfere...I might as well go inserts, so I can switch b/t alpine and tele bindings, on the same ski.

Anyone had success with this? If so: 1) what tele bindings, and what alpine bindings? 2) were you able to mount both on the line (or at least: both with the same offset from the line)?

OR...in general: is there a preferred setup for this? I have one pair of Voile Switchback mounted skis, and one pair of 22D Axl mounted skis, that for both I'd like to squeeze in an alpine mount, with both the alpine and tele mounts at approximately the same position (whether on the line, or +/- the same or similar offset).

Or am I dreaming?

Anyone have inserts for tele and alpine bindings on the same ski?

I just stand on my tele skis when I want to alpine, no?? TRace are the best alpine boots I’ve ever owned.
    Uno mas

if GS is to be believed tele mounts are no big deal for alpine mounts...

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    I just stand on my tele skis when I want to alpine, no?? TRace are the best alpine boots I’ve ever owned.
    There's a significant savings in energy expended by locking the heel down. You, like lots of folks who make parallel turns on telemark rigs, have developed balance and leg strength to compensate for the free heel. It feels easier than making telemark turns, because it is easier. That doesn't make it similar to parallel turns in alpine bindings. In terms of energy spent/muscle breakdown: telemark turns > P-turns on telemark > p-turns on alpine.

I was able to get the old STHs to clear 22 Designs holes, no problem. Unsure about STH2 but IIRC the toe is the same, so shouldn't be a problem. I did always mount tele 2cm back from my alpine mounts though.

Or, you could skip a step and a bunch of holes in your skis by just going straight to the alpine mount and forgetting the tele mount, as most of us that have done this wind up realizing how stupid telemarking is

I mount ntn and pivot on my skiis. My tele is also 2cm back. I lock em down to chase the kids out west, but still most comfortable with heal free. Helps out with old feet.