FS: Armada ARV 106, Rossi Star7 - $55 + Donation

ALL skis are now SOLD. Thanks for all your offers.

All proceeds will support the Ski Lending Library, to partially defray expenses for demo bindings and a rooftop cargo box. Sellers who have been hooking me up will be given priority to buy these if they want.

My opinion is the Library is better off selling these not-so-long, not-so-burly skis---plus the Library doesn't need its skis to be in such nice new condition like these. Chime in if you think the Library should instead just mount them for maggots to borrow this winter.

1) SOLD for $55 + shipping + cash to cover 3 sets of plates for Griffon Demo bindings - Rossignol Star 7 178cm 2016 BLEM
    Brand new, never drilled---one ski is perfect, the other ski has a BLEM.
    It's the model at https://www.evo.com/outlet/skis/rossignol-star-7-womens . Some maggots say this model is just a Super7 180cm with pink graphics.
    The BLEM ski is in better condition than any brand new perfect ski would be if I were to ski on it for 2 hours---so yeah, the ski's imperfection doesn't really matter at all.
    The BLEM is in a place that does not affect performance---way up on the rocker tip, 9" forward of the runningLength, 5" forward of the widest part of the tip. Looks like maybe the ski was perfect before it maybe fell over in the shop (timber!), got a ding right there which bent the very last 1cm of metal edge material, then the shop filled the ding with epoxy, then did a "merely OK" light sanding job. Then on a 100*F hot-ass August day, the shop manager slashed the price way too much, so I bought them and finished the sanding job for 5 minutes to make them very smooth for the next buyer. Now, my fingers can barely feel a very slight, smooth abnormality there, but there's NO WAY you could feel it while skiing---plus you could sand it even smoother yourself for 5 more minutes, if you're more anal than I am (hint: you're not).

2) SOLD for $55 + shipping + generous $85 cash donation towards a cargo box - Armada ARV 106 180cm 2017
    It's the model at https://www.evo.com/outlet/skis/armada-arv-106-2017
    Skied only 1 day, no damage, edges and bases like new, excellent topsheet...just some expected barely-visible cosmetic topsheet scuffs that you need to hold up to the light just right in order to see most of them...so most of those meaningless scuffs are probably just from loading/unloading the car.
    Drilled 1x for Salomon STH2 for BSL=307mm right on the "factory recommended" line at -6.0cm from TrueCenter.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tops2.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	432.5 KB 
ID:	243973Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tops1.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	888.4 KB 
ID:	243972

Name:	bases.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	726.6 KB 
ID:	243974Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rocker2.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	411.2 KB 
ID:	243983

The BLEM on Star7 tip:

Name:	rocker.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	243975

Name:	blem.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	351.8 KB 
ID:	243976

Last edited by Vitamin I; 08-17-2018 at 10:02 AM.
    - TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

How much do the star 7s weigh? They fit the bill for what my old lady is looking for in a new powder touring ski if they are ~1800g

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    How much do the star 7s weigh? They fit the bill for what my old lady is looking for in a new powder touring ski if they are ~1800g
    based on evo link
    Indiv. Ski Weight (g) 2100

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    On my digital scale, this pair of Star7 178cm weighs...
    1960g & 1961g.

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

pm'd about arvs

I will close the ARV offers at end of day today, because the donation level of the current highest offer is plenty generous enough.
    The current high offer is $170 total, which will come out to about a $85 donation of leftover cash for my Ski Lending Library (after shipping and my cost for the skis).

No offers yet on the Star7.

Thanks to All, so far.

Last edited by Vitamin I; 08-17-2018 at 10:03 AM.

The ARV's are SOLD for $170. (That means a generous $85 gain of leftover cash to support my Ski Lending project.) Thanks to All for the donation offers. It felt wrong to decline a generous offer of a pair of Griffon Demo bindings, but I chose the $85 cash offer instead to help me buy a rooftop cargo box.

The Star 7 ski is still available for donation offers.

Last edited by Vitamin I; 08-17-2018 at 10:03 AM.

ALL skis are now SOLD. Thanks for all your offers.