Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ridinshockgun View Post
    I must say, Saturday's bbq did in fact result in some artsy farts
    Just polished off some of the leftovers and it's even more true today. Next year, I'm just going with a quadruple batch of the Thai food. Keep things simple and fartsy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Just polished off some of the leftovers and it's even more true today. Next year, I'm just going with a quadruple batch of the Thai food. Keep things simple and fartsy.

D00d, the tiger bark....

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    About that mountain:

Wow. I told a few of you my Impression of Alpental.

You have a woman who is stunning from any angle, brilliant in her presentation and caliber, versatile with a ton of variety and spice. But she's got this habit of hitting you. Hard, like a girl who grew up with 6 older brothers. She loves you and no other but FKNA when she thumps you in the solar plexus or the gut or the kidneys, you just buckle.

But she's smoking hot, so you scrape yourself up and get back on the chair.

I was physically fairly strong considering my nerve issues in my back, the huge snow conditions, adjusting to the different snow and weather and following the Chinese downhill from the top of L'internationale, (hilarious, impressive and sketchball)many times. Only the Bitchslap on the last run(I tried to beg off on) really put any dent in me. More like Bobby took me out to get tattoed by Alpental. Good thing I had a 12 hr drive to relax .

Alpental is, methinks, an experts mountain. Posers need not apply.
    quoting this because it deserves to be on the new page...

It's kinda funny, compared to basically anywhere else I've skied I tend to think of Xtal (and the region in general) as pretty hardcore... But nope, I have proven to be a softie, pampered by long runouts and novelty-size umbrellas. If I skied that mountain every day I'd be strong enough to kick holes in container ships. I laid around most of Sunday with my legs up, thinking about all the variations to be had, all the hidden stuff that's back there, all the lines to be found... I guess I've got a crush.

So I'll walk up to her door again, flowers in one hand, my weak knee in the other, and ring the doorbell with just the faintest little wince hidden in a big grin. And hopefully more ready than the last time... though, can you ever really be ready for something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    D00d, the tiger bark....

Wife has agreed to supply any sanctioned bbi event. She will continue adhering to the same quality standards. Nothing less than 51% genuine tiger in any batch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post

Jupiter, make sum turns before the season ends?
    Shore, PM incoming

Wife has agreed to supply any sanctioned bbi event. She will continue adhering to the same quality standards. Nothing less than 51% genuine tiger in any batch.

i don't know if this is related to the homemade candy but i gained 7 pounds just looking at it. so good! you also escaped before i had a chance to say goodbye, mattig, so i hope our paths cross later at bachelor or mhm.

Huge shoutout to MiCol for the freeride systems donations. Super stoked on my new jacket.

Also thanks to anyone amd everone else who donated and helped make everything so much fun.

Tell the wife that the final shreds were consumed over a party table of mags laughing hysterically. Both types were great; She should call it " Ride the Tiger" bark. It should not come out prior to the hot food, the stoners were noshing away on it before anything Hot. Me the chocoholic.

I gotta speak on some folks. Like the ones that stayed at the house: 2Funky, theFortrees and Mrs. tFt; Baby bear, Sailcat, Skilyft, and finally Self-Jupiter who was least like I expected and just plain great. I am amazed how well everyone meshed under the big snow event and approach alterations. Well done and thank you all for keeping it all so fun and comfy and respectful. The pasta was flawless. A bunch of FOG's. In bed by 10. Then in Lot 4 by 7:30 bitchezzzzz. Looks like the front row.

So howzabout those Alpental cats. Hmmmm, so much to muse upon.

Firstly, my sincere thanks to the mayor, Bobby Baker, for absolutely giving me the treatment of a Prince. I am a first tracks guy. Not fresh, fucking first. He wrangled me in short order into position on any variety of firsts and it was great. Worth a zillion bucks to me. Both on and off the field I might add. He would whisper to me where to go when the gotdam stellar food was just ready. Simply sublime timing. Wish I was eating it again now. Then all the stuff, about roughly every 2 hrs. he was gifting me w/something: Like a February Christmas. And Finally skiing with Lil' C. in her pink helmet and one pole. That was a feather in my cap. Serious.

Such great fun with you my Friend. Gonna git sum more turns witcha.

Then, my guide, ACH. He kept me safe. That's worth a zillion bucks to me. I experienced lines at Alpental after an epic storm following his lead, direction and insight. It was mind blowing. I didn't need to experience the whole thing to get a real sense of what it's about out there. You showed me at every rope drop what was available. Sickness indeed. Also, dat sumbitch can get invisible in no time. I will not soon forget the Rox Off line.

My Friend.

Methinks he finished off the tiger bark, heh.

I can think of a coupla thoroughbreds out there. 1% types. Hard to keep up with mofos.
    Did I say Mofro? FKNA right, he should be the gatekeeper on who to allow to ski there. That, would be fucking rad. I could move there were that the case, along with him actually giving me a pass. Please? My Friend. Solid as a rock.

Et tu Norse? Yeah, pretty sick watching you slither through the low fresh soft rollers on a firsties lap in wherever the fuck we were. I imitated your line beside it and won't soon forget that. Then I got one turn too low but so did ACH an Flowing so they broke us out over the hump of powpow.

And winning the Chinese downhills. Prolly most of em. I find you to be uncommon, a bit of an enigma. Moving forward in a standing still world. Flashing past the others. Smart, Safe and Skilled. Likely a hidden superpower behind the goatee.

So many solid skiers there, arguably more per acre than 97% of ski areas.
    And the vibe, amazingly tight ski bum action with a core group of daily rippers.

A few special thanks to:
    2Funky and ACinpdx for the lift tix assistance for my luddite phone having ass.
    Z-Bo - for the Purple nurple of a nug and more importantly for the support for me at last years BBI. Gas, Grass or Cash. We got something for everyone.
    TheFortrees' for going above and beyond at every turn. Shuttle meister. Hope to see you two before summer but def then for offseason gnar. Cody in June?
    Sir Vic - for being so damn stokey. I appreciate your interest in sharing with me. Ours has been a brief yet, exciting new friendship. You are funny as hell to ski with and your respect is noticeable. Dig it.

Jackattack - for not taking a photo of the pissing moment. wish Id'a looked up sooner, dang.

Seatown Slackey for showing me the way thru the crux and enhancing the scratch factor en route to rox off. And slaying the gnar food, jeeeezus.

BBi 19 was a 3 day affair with a gorgeous MMA chick. Now I'm home with the wife of 29 years. Hit the Box 5 times today and she rules my Galaxy...

Oh shit, late for 4:20

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Why even have the raffle, just give all the stuff to him.
    Whoa, electronic karma assassination underway. Yes, last years bonanza was egregious in it's imbalance, however, with names on tix this year, mayor made a few adjustments so there was balance in the force.....

The wine was silent auction AFAIK...
    I know he has a pallet for the finer things so it felt like a good fit to me.
    skis/wine/bourbon were not raffled and indeed a silent auction so that my appreciation for your bon vivant and oenophilia could be leveraged to benefit a most worthy cause

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    He spends the most on raffle tickets.
    Fuck Cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    wormhole-time loop warning next time please
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Groundhog-Day.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	247.5 KB 
ID:	270534

3 cheers for Djongo!

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SeatownSlackey View Post
    Whoa, electronic karma assassination underway. Yes, last years bonanza was egregious in it's imbalance, however, with names on tix this year, mayor made a few adjustments so there was balance in the force.....

skis/wine/bourbon were not raffled and indeed a silent auction so that my appreciation for your bon vivant and oenophilia could be leveraged to benefit a most worthy cause

Fuck Cancer

wormhole-time loop warning next time please
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Groundhog-Day.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	247.5 KB 
ID:	270534
    Was trying to be funny...my bad.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    we love our mediocre gem so much so, that we’re
    willing to tolerate the 49% that would piss off others
    we give her low expectations to avoid the butthurt.
    It’s mediocre all around. Would not recommend a visit to this place called Alpental. Only 2 lifts and one of them hasn’t been upgraded since the 60s (estimated).

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    It’s mediocre all around. Would not recommend a visit to this place called Alpental. Only 2 lifts and one of them hasn’t been upgraded since the 60s (estimated).
    You forgot to mention that most of the place doesn't get groomed, the parking is limited and it's some times advisable to wear a powered up beacon on the access road.

I know Flowing took moar pics and where is the Norseman photo dump??

And everywhere I looked, someone was peeing in the parking lot.

You forgot to mention that most of the place doesn't get groomed, the parking is limited and it's some times advisable to wear a powered up beacon on the access road.
    Steepest magic carpet terrain lit up for night skiing in North America
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

https://youtu.be/S0UHRJ4agH0

For those who dont know

Bringing the only confirmed bird (but censored by trigger mitts) back. Daddy's proud. I heard he was also carrying a beer can full of water around wearing his FKNA shirt while I was cleaning up the camper?

Towards the end of the day Friday I thought Bobby snapped a group shot of birds but haven't seen it!

Bringing the only confirmed bird (but censored by trigger mitts) back. Daddy's proud. I heard he was also carrying a beer can full of water around wearing his FKNA shirt while I was cleaning up the camper?

Kid’s a natural

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Not one person giving the bird? WTF? Too many smiles, not enough crustiness.
    and the snowboarder is standing up

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    https://youtu.be/S0UHRJ4agH0

For those who dont know

That's very cool.

Great pics all.

Glad I was able to make it up for a bit on Saturday and finally put some faces to names.

Felt like I was a bit late to the party (see Thursday/Friday) and therefore out of sync but still had a good time. I was a bit scatter brained in the afternoon trying to catch up with some friends on the hill and bolted and didn't get a chance to say goodbye/thanks, apologies.

Hope to see some of you again soon up there. Love that mountain.

Cheers!

Attachment 270113
    .[/QUOTE]
    ^^^
    So was this
    ​I am not in your hurry

North of South, South of North, West of East
    I heard he was also carrying a beer can full of water around wearing his FKNA shirt while I was cleaning up the camper?
    Lol. Sheer awesomeness that is under construction.
    I should probably change my username to IReallyDon'tTeleMuchAnymoreDave.