Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

FS: 9TH ANNUAL FREERIDE SYSTEMS THREADS FOR SHREDS JACKET TRADE IN PROGRAM UP TO $250

THreads for Shreds ended for this SeAson.....Thanks !

Can you believe it's time again for the.....
    9TH ANNUAL FREERIDE SYSTEMS THREADS FOR SHREDS JACKET TRADE IN UP TO $250 Program
    Wow ! How time flies

Threads for Shreds background, Jacket Making in Colorado, and TGR founding:
    Hello all. I started this program 9 ski seasons ago as a way to help gain some traction for our unique made in Colorado ski jackets. I looked at some of those jackets yesterday and realize that we have come a long way from pretty humble beginnings. The company started with a piece of webbing that I cobbled together with a plastic sewing machine bought in Silverthorne, CO. I made a "system" for "freeride" a simple strap carry system that made accessing inbounds "hike to" terrain easier. Today we make jackets in Colorado and serve customers from ABC News Worldwide to the Colorado Avalanche Information Center to skiers that care about how and where their garments are made as well as many commercial customers through private label and OEM production. This company started on these forums after I had been a member for several years and I am still active here today. I thank TGR maggots,and the hard work and persistence from my team for the good fortune that followed. Thank you ! Mike

update: In the last year we have added and had a successful season with a Japan Distributor representing many great retailers in the land of Japow ! We still sell primarily direct online in the USA by choice allowing you to take advantage of cool programs like this one as well as enjoying special maggot discounts. We have many great customers outside the maggot community as well.

New Jacket Styles and Colors for 2018-19 There are new styles still coming and being added to website daily

* some bright yellow Antero 3 have full mouth fleece others do not

New Navigation Tools on Website
    Click the "New for 2018-19" navigation link for new products (pic below)
    Click "SALE ITEMS" navigation link which will stay available until depleted throughout the season. (OK to use discount codes on sale items)
    http://www.freeridesystems.com/category/sale-items
    Click " XL+ and up sizes" to find our bigger stuff all in one place (jackets, fleece, hats, etc)
    http://www.freeridesystems.com/category/xl-and-up-sizes

We have a lot of styles and colors so please take your time and check out our offerings at www.freeridesystems.com
    As I said, we have added some navigation tools, to help you use your time efficiently as possible. If there is a new tool you
    would like to suggest, we will take it into consideration.

You may trade Jackets or Ski Pants !

Threads for Shreds Trade In Prgram
    I am pleased to present our program for trading your used/abused old jackets or pants for our new made in Colorado fully seam taped jackets. The limit for your trades this year is up to $250 trade in value. I remember when we were hard pressed to sell our early production janky jackets for $150 We have come a long way and I am proud to be the only company I know of making seam sealed waterproof breathable jackets at this level within Colorado. And, one of the few in the USA. We now operate some of the best seam taping machines in the world from right here in the Rocky Mountain Region and a long way from the villages of China and Vietnam who made seam taping an art, after Gore/Sylvania pioneered the process here in the USA.

This program can end at any time due to our constraints on taking unlimited amounts of used jackets.

So, please move forward accordingly. We will announce the end of the program as it approaches and when it finally ends in this thread.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Here are the rules for the program this year:

2018-2019 Season THREADS FOR SHREDS JACKET TRADE IN RULES

UP to $250

Rules

YOU CANNOT USE OUR DISCOUNT CODES AND THE TRADE IN PROGRAM IN ONE TRANSACTION - SORRY IN ADVANCE !

1. Notify Freeride Systems Trade In Coordinator in Advance of your desire to trade in a jacket(s) or pants. Notification request should be sent using our "Contact" page form Please state the style name of the Freeride Jacket you intend to buy and reference "Threads for Shreds Trade In" in subject line. Include your email address. http://www.freeridesystems.com/contact or send direct email to help@freeridesystems.com Wait for our return email, then:

2. Send pictures of your trade, estimated age of trade, brand name, model name if possible and description of condition. Please note repairs, damage, smells,stains, pet hair, zipper functionality and any other important information. All zippers must be functioning smoothly. Generally speaking we can deal with rips and tears but smells and pet hair are a deal killer. Please remove smells and pet hair before sending your trade.

3. Freeride Trade Coordinator will tender an offer to you via email which contains an Actual Cash Value for your trade(s) . If the $dollar amount is satisfactory to you, mail us your jacket(s) or pants using delivery confirmation. We will provide you are mailing address at that time. Upon receipt of your jacket, Freeride's coodinator will email you a Product discount code that will equal the Actual Cash Value. You pay for postage to Freeride's offices for your trade . Please insure your parcel and request delivery receipt and submit a tracking number to program coordinator. If there is a discrepancy regarding condition, Freeride reserves the right to send your jacket back to you. So, good pictures and communication are key. We have had this happen almost zero times so the program usually has no to few surprises for you the customer. You cannot use both trade in discount and a discount code (double dip) in the same transaction.

4. Upon receipt of your trade in discount code, you need to complete the checkout process within 14 days. If you cannot complete the checkout process, you can mail a check, money order, or paypal to recover return postage of your garment. If you leave your garment for over 60 days without paying for return postage it will be considered abandoned. Your jacket will be donated and you will not receive any proceeds or credit.

5. We will make a product in our online store called "return postage" where you can pay and complete the transaction for the return of your garment(s) with credit card or paypal. We will ship your garment(s) USPS Priority Mail back to you. The charge is for a Large flat rate priority mail box. Please do not ask us to stuff your jacket into a too small tiny box to save a couple of dollars.

6. These are the rules of the Threads for Shreds Jacket trade in program. Freeride Systems reserves the right to change or update the rules as needed. By participating in this process you agree to follow these rules.

7. This program was used effectively last season 2017-2018 and has been running from the early 2000's.

8. Please ask all questions in advance to help@freeridesystems.com

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Here's where you can start to get to our navigation link titles screen from any homepage
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Navigation1stFRS.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	589.2 KB 
ID:	243901
    which will take you to these links

Name:	navigateWebFRS.png 
Views:	218 
Size:	141.3 KB 
ID:	243902
    if you want to find something specific click

Name:	navigation.png 
Views:	220 
Size:	625.5 KB 
ID:	243903
    some of the new colors ! From top Left: Belgian Blue, Lime, Purple, 2nd row: Orange, Blurple, Lemon

Name:	NewJackets2018.png 
Views:	207 
Size:	782.3 KB 
ID:	243904

Threads Shreds ended for this Season !
    Last edited by MiCol; 11-13-2018 at 11:53 AM.
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Will be hopping on again! Will you have some smalls?!

Thanks!!

Wicked!! can you submit multiple jackets/pants to get to the max value or is it one garment?

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Will be hopping on again! Will you have some smalls?! Thanks!!
    I am not sure that we have small in this months batches. So, for the most part smalls would only be available in what is in inventory currently. (which there are not any in the new LTE, but there are some in Antero 3, 4 (I will look at all inventories and update this post): Just Added a "Small and XS" link to navigation so one can pull up all smalls. But here they are....

Smalls
    A2 Walnut
    A2+ LTE Bright Yellow
    A2+ Green
    A2+ Olive LTE (+2” length, tall)
    A3 Mint
    A3 Green
    A3 LTE Bright Yellow
    A3 Red
    Misc Parka colors

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    Wicked!! can you submit multiple jackets/pants to get to the max value or is it one garment?
    possibly, send us what you have and we will make a determination on case by case basis.
    www.freeridesystems.com

I think it might be a good year to part with some stuff and slip into an Antero3. Can I just drop off and pick up?

it’s the most wonderful time of the year !
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    I think it might be a good year to part with some stuff and slip into an Antero3. Can I just drop off and pick up?
    That is a slick jacket.... i'm debating that as well. Some sweet colors as well.

Help me out here. What is unique about your jackets?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

This is a great deal. I've used it a few times over the years, and have gotten some stellar Freeride System jackets that are in my regular rotation come fall and winter.

MiCol is an outstanding dude, with a solid company, that makes awesome, high quality gear.

Support this mag and his company, and get a discount on your purchase...This is a win, win, win, win situation!
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    our fulfillment center is in Englewood now, but no one down there knows how to deal with threads for shreds, just email, its simple, our jackets only have $8 flat rate charged to customer for shipping, so really hard to justify for the gas, if we need to arrange a drop on trades, we can handle it
    www.freeridesystems.com

^ thanks everyone for the kind words and feedback. we really do try to provide the best customer experience possible as well as do things like this program that no other brand does, (cept maybe patagucci doing something now, but i dont think they had that going 9 seasons ago, maybe they did, dont know)

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Help me out here. What is unique about your jackets?
    as for this question, how do you sum up years of making while having the manufacturing close at hand and the testers are us in the first person?

I will try, so here are a few features and random reasons:

We can cycle new ideas and concepts from field testing (me or others around me) to the design software, cutting table, sewing and seam taping machines probably faster than anyone in the business (less arcteryx back in day working out of vancouver) Meaning we get flaws fixed fast, things that fail out of garment if possible, and new designs to market on a fast pace. Most everyone else is making in China and that makes things take longer to adapt or sort out problems (maybe not so with Voormi - but no seam tape, no branded premium 3 layer technology fabric, maybe Meli, not using same fabrics, no seam tape, finish quality different that us, how bout topo des. - they're using coated nylons, no tape, not even in the same galaxy, and so on.

A brand can say they use their own technology proprietary fabric and "it's the best", but here's the simple fact, using non branded is cheaper. when they do it they still need to start with either a test batch 100y moq, and figure out how to get that sewn and to the field for testing (maybe they skip or skimp on this part). every time they change the griege (face yarns/denier thickness), membrane technology, interior layer they have to do it again and each cycle creates something that performs differently in the field. The cost is huge. the small players quite frankly can only make so many revisions due to cost and time to get to market. (we are small player but produce here and rely on premium wpb fabrics), all of this from other brands simply means longer to get the best results into your hands and most likely you might end up buying something that marketing picks up the slack on vs actual use in field. how does an athlete describe results to the design person? in our case that is all the same person. so, a feeling can be converted into a real world fix/outcome quite quickly.

To conclude above: using a premium branded fabric(s) in most of our garments with proven results from our own testing 24/7/365 in the mountains fulls time means you get a better performing jacket.

so what you get in specifics?, i prefer not to list all and make it easy for other brands lurking these tgr interwebz, but believe me little things like gloved use of our zippers (even pit), no elastic in cuffs as part of our power venting system, the hood collar design that deflects weather from face found on the A2, 2+, hood size, specific stainless steel spring cord locks (cost more, last longer) and much much more has gone into the the thought process and design of our garments. Our best compliment is when says someone says, "I dont even have to think about the jacket when im using it because it does its job so well", or the first time they use them coming out of something else and we get the emails about how they can tell the difference.

it doesnt take long to take the best that is out there from other brands and go one day with it in the backcountry then the next day in our jacket to see, feel, experience the difference. Now if you were to try our jackets out walking down the 16th street mall you might not be able to tell much at all , cept the breathability which pushes moisture out of the jacket , creating less humidity inside jacket and lessens the need for tons of layers. Believe me when I say that ive heard the few naysayers (most often not our customers or others brand ambassadors) look for something to complain about e.g. lack of powder skirt, pockets that are under some back pack hip straps,) but our systems work and those options have been thought threw and deemed inferior in the scope of the reality of whats needed and outcome

we could go down the list about vislon ykk vs uretek or aquaguard, etc etc , but this kind of stuff could go tl:dr (might be anyway)

The fact that we do this while still supporting our community and employing Coloradans to make the garments , providing good warranty is just to boot.

if you have specific questions please let me know , or email us, or take a look at some of the good tech talk threads

one last thing, most other brands using neoshell are charging a lot more for their jackets and dont allow you to trade in something you already own, or offer in season discounts , etc
    www.freeridesystems.com

^ might want to hit your page refresh because i kept editing above post ^
    www.freeridesystems.com

^^thanks all you guys again ! could not have done it without you and all mags !

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    This is a great deal. I've used it a few times over the years, and have gotten some stellar Freeride System jackets that are in my regular rotation come fall and winter.

MiCol is an outstanding dude, with a solid company, that makes awesome, high quality gear.

Support this mag and his company, and get a discount on your purchase...This is a win, win, win, win situation!
    thanks so much, we really do try to continually innovate, refine while keeping you guys happy as best as possible. There's not a complement we brush aside or skip nor a complaint or suggestion that we do not consider.
    www.freeridesystems.com

My only complaint is that people don't compliment you enough.

So, figure that one out brother!

This gear rules. Skiing in my Antero II+ 50/60 years, it's probably going to be a decade before I need another. The LTE + stretch is a rad addition though, as the only issue with the regular Anteros is that they are built so bomber they weight a bit in the touring pack (and that I generally only need a softshell touring.)

Heads up to any bigger fellows out there -- the Bross midlayer is on sale. Best price: performance:use piece I own. I wear that thing probably 150 days a year: skiing, walking the dog, around camp, hiking, everywhere. If mediums were on sale I'd be re-upping just because my SO is sick and tired of looking at mine now that its a bit ratty.

If you haven't taken the plunge, do it. Those that have know what I'm talking about. Karma is important and MiCol oozes good karma. On top of the great company he started, the gear is really top notch. He's truly a solid human being.

I've put close to 150 days on an early Antero and it looks brand new except for the miniscule tear I put in one sleeve while thrashing through some spruces here in Vermont 3 winters ago.

Pic below is from March 2018.

Name:	Magic 3-8-2018 C.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	939.9 KB 
ID:	243942

If you haven't taken the plunge, do it. Those that have know what I'm talking about. Karma is important and MiCol oozes good karma. On top of the great company he started, the gear is really top notch. He's truly a solid human being.

I've put close to 150 days of inbounds, side country, and east coast back country skiing on an early Antero and it looks brand new except for the miniscule tear I put in one sleeve while thrashing through some spruces here in Vermont 3 winters ago. I cannot find the words to describe how good these jackets are. Everything just works and works effortlessly. I have another 2 and a 2+ that don't seem to get much use because the original has never let me down.

Pic below is from March 2018.

Name:	Magic 3-8-2018 C.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	939.9 KB 
ID:	243942

^^^^thanks everyone for the praise and feedback, it is much appreciated!

^ MNAW, did you see we have you and Magic on our website ? ! main slideshow front page, you may not have seen it as....I think there are 8 picture slides that run across the screen. I dont believe we mentioned to you we were going to use your pic in that placement, but it looked like a great fit ! check out www.freeridesystems.com instead of entering through one of the specific navigation links I listed above or you might miss it. the only way to get to the homepage is for people entering through a browser search or if you click on our tiny logo at the top of any page. let me know if you like it , thanks for sending, this decision was pretty fresh, as in yesterday, lol. no long thought out strategic marketing plans here, just if it looks and feels right, boom!

so, see guys, sometimes you become our athletes and or stars ! if you notice we dont have ambassadors and spancered atheletes, we use people that have been our customers and friends that unsolicited send us things...those seem to be the best examples of what we are about. i think there are two or three mags in those slides right now...and the gallery found at bottom page links has more....

here it is:

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 12.09.27 PM.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	658.1 KB 
ID:	243946
    www.freeridesystems.com

this is a very cool program, MiCol and the FRS people are helpful and responsive. awesome to see this coming up again. swap your jackets mags!

Ugg. I would love one of these but again, the pocket locations kills it for me. Maybe one of these days.
    Great program for well made jackets.

Name:  B7A5A6B7-2EEB-4A42-8014-D6C54A17C4F6.jpeg
Views: 613
Size:  306.6 KB

Antero Softshell in Steezy White

~80 days last year, always turned heads & started conversation. The piece is just bomber.

Love my II and II+ so much I got a non-mag in on the goods last season and he loves his II as well. Taking the mountains by storm, one jacket at a time!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    ^^^^thanks everyone for the praise and feedback, it is much appreciated!

^ MNAW, did you see we have you and Magic on our website ? ! main slideshow front page, you may not have seen it as....I think there are 8 picture slides that run across the screen. I dont believe we mentioned to you we were going to use your pic in that placement, but it looked like a great fit ! check out www.freeridesystems.com instead of entering through one of the specific navigation links I listed above or you might miss it. the only way to get to the homepage is for people entering through a browser search or if you click on our tiny logo at the top of any page. let me know if you like it , thanks for sending, this decision was pretty fresh, as in yesterday, lol. no long thought out strategic marketing plans here, just if it looks and feels right, boom!

so, see guys, sometimes you become our athletes and or stars ! if you notice we dont have ambassadors and spancered atheletes, we use people that have been our customers and friends that unsolicited send us things...those seem to be the best examples of what we are about. i think there are two or three mags in those slides right now...and the gallery found at bottom page links has more....

here it is:

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 12.09.27 PM.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	658.1 KB 
ID:	243946
    Kevin said you guys might use it; glad you did. Big time bragging rights

We'll keep the spancership amount to ourselves

2F: pm me whats going on please
    IROS: that pic is pretty rad, send more! thanks!
    PRS: thanks so much!
    MNAW: it will be there all season ! thanks for sending us that, loose lips sink ships
    www.freeridesystems.com

Name:	IMG_9338.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	244002

Late may meadow skipping

I rip the groomed on tele gear