Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Start spreading the voice

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    That's it....

How to advertise a Swiss Hotel in North America. Help needed

Learn to fuckin yodel

Maybe do a free lodging contest to get more Instagram followers...

Also you need to follow anyone remotely interested in your field to hopefully get more followers.

Or find some instagrammer with good photography skills to hire/trade lodging for some exposure?

Most of the time people choose where to go before choosing their lodging, so you would be promoting the whole area and hoping for your piece of the pie..

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    we do better with pics, just sayin.

And some prices might help. Like, how much is a double room for a week in March 2018 going to cost me? I'm flexible on dates within that month.

Rent out some rooms to hookers. The ones that can yodel

A series of youtube videos can work very well. Start a thread(s) showing your vids and pictures in all kinds of ski chat rooms and languages.
    If done right it will give you lots of interest.

Wishing you lots of luck and prosperity. Good luck

Very much so, except that's 47 posts over what, 6 months at least? You gotta stay on it, imo. But 1381 followers is very good no doubt, now see how long it takes to double that. etc.

Get a chef that can make a killer Reuben sandwich. Then mention it in the pastrami thread.
    Last edited by billyk; 08-12-2018 at 12:11 PM.

Rates would be a great start. Do you have suites? Won’t be around in 2018, but maybe generally in the area 2019. Just starting out looking around.

Rates right now are starting at 70 chf per double room per night, and during winter it'll be roughly 20/30% more expensive, but by staying the full week there are all sorts of discounts and packages.

Quote Originally Posted by vendul View Post
    Hi everyone... My girlfriend and I just...
    We need nekid pics of her tits.

Thnx.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Hi everyone... My girlfriend and I just bought a small hotel in the Swiss Alps, more exactly in the Andermatt-Sedrun Ski Arena, summer season is going great and we are obviously looking forward to the good season. We would love to have guests from overseas.. Anybody has some tips on how to approach this market?
    Thanks
    Serena and Michele
    hot cabin girls

Contact ski clubs in states on the East Coast and offer group rates!! Good ski clubs have passionate skiers - they are not all parties that you need to be concerned!

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    host a 20BBI@yurp event
    Andermatt? I would defo make an effort to be there. Love that mountain.

Buster, you gonna organize it?

Quote Originally Posted by GimpToo View Post
    Contact ski clubs in states on the East Coast and offer group rates!! Good ski clubs have passionate skiers - they are not all parties that you need to be concerned!
    Greg?

Those are all great tools for the well travelled, I was wondering how to reach those who think that skiing in Switzerland is to expensive or complicated...
    in the past people partnered with local ski clubs (somewhat moribund) or ran trips through ski shops (also moribund). (think this rewards marketing more than skiing - didn't Idris have a place?)

for others-
    make your place internet famous. positive awesome pics daily. make the rooms instagram friendly.

if you want to attract "the it's too complicated" crowd - dial down logisitics. Make it dead easy for people to fly into zurich and get their jetlagged ass to your hotel*. Yes, it's easy to take swissrail to andermatt imo, but there is still a mental barrier to many yanks (people shit on benny here, imo he's slightly smarter than the market you claim to want). bust that barrier. find a cheap car service or the like - and advertise it well online. Lots of "non travelled" yanks ime have an idea they'll be "stuck" without a car. reinforce they won't, or give them ease with a car

* you were talking about discounts for weeks. ime many yanks don't want to stay a single week in a place. we don't get much vacation and want to hit 5 citys in our 9 days. so offer "best of" or some such bullshit packages. link to other resorts/hotels around the area. Engelberg? Verbier? Davos? small hotels so you could set up "great alps ski trips".

Put ads in the cup holders of stainless's used cars.

Still haven't seen the mag discount?

Would this be a reasonable place to stay pre/post Urner Haute route? That is my target this year, but I recently read that one of the key huts is potentially not available this year as it's being renovated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Andermatt? I would defo make an effort to be there. Love that mountain.

Buster, you gonna organize it?
    sure, who's in?
    Do Engleberg->Goeschenen(Andermatt)->Sedrun(Disentis)->Davos->Montafon by train?

It's so easy, in & out through Zurich.

A warm up day or 2 in E-berg, then down to Goeschenen, and if the avie danger isn't too high, tour up into Danny & Serigna's hutte for a couple of days, then back down, ski Andermatt or Airolo, rail over to Sedrun, party at the Mountain Lodge, do a day in Disentis, with the big tour over the Oberalpstock, back down to Bristen, bus and train back to Sedrun, another Disentis day, then roll to Davos for 2 days, roll to Montafon?

Depending on stability, there's a route that goes from Klosters (Davos) up over the Madrisa and down to Gargellen where there's regular Montafon bus routes, Drink to Hemingway in Schruns!
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 08-12-2018 at 09:33 PM.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Still haven't seen the mag discount?

Would this be a reasonable place to stay pre/post Urner Haute route? That is my target this year, but I recently read that one of the key huts is potentially not available this year as it's being renovated.
    Not after, the Urner Haute route goes the other direction from Andermatt, NW towards Engelberg. So maybe before...
    Sedrun is E of Andermatt.

But like I wrote above, you can do the Oberalpstock which is huDge and plops one down into a land of obscure non ski area farmer trams (Madernertal).
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

No, the Urner Haute route goes the other direction from Andermatt, NW towards Engelberg.
    Sedrun is E of Andermatt.
    Danke.

Now to research whether haute-route type guided tours in the area. It seems like every version of the Urner uses the Albert Heim hut which isn't available this year. I think you directed me to this outfit: http://www.andermatt-guides.ch/EN/ur...ute-route.html

Sponsor a women's only naked Chinese downhill summer races. Shoes, helmets, knee pads and elbow pads is all they'll need
    I can see it now.
    Teams form Sweden, Italy, France, England, Canada, the US with the Swiss team have nothing less than DD's. Make a weekend out of it.
    I guarantee
    Lots of exposure

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Now to research whether haute-route type guided tours in the area. It seems like every version of the Urner uses the Albert Heim hut which isn't available this year. I think you directed me to this outfit: http://www.andermatt-guides.ch/EN/ur...ute-route.html
    just look at the ski topo map and make your own.

the "i want handholding" and "i want a discount" is why not to market to the US without a high rack rate.

fun summit buster.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    just look at the ski topo map and make your own.

the "i want handholding" and "i want a discount" is why not to market to the US without a high rack rate.

fun summit buster.
    Yeah, skiing with a guide is inherently handholding and only done by Americans.