Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1509

Thread: NFL 2018/2019

I can't really imagine a less-compelling SB matchup than Rams v. Pats.

We'd been planning our annual Super Bowl party, but hadn't sent out invites yet.
    At the conclusion of AFC Title Game, I turned to Mrs. Moss and said, "Don't send it out, party's cancelled, we're skiing instead."
    She replied, "You read my mind. Fuck that noise."

NFL 2018/2019

Really? LA may not care about the Rams but they are the future of the league as far as playing style goes. Will be great to see a new young team against the GOAT and the Pats.

If I had to pick this or KC/NO I’d pick this one. I may have preferred LA/KC but fuck Andy Reid.

Belichick and Brady:
    GOATS
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I thought the game was well coached and played all around, except for a couple bonehead plays by Edelman and Jones lining up in the neutral zone. Came down to the coin flip.

Anybody have a better idea for OT? I think it gets fixed not by changing the OT rules, but by shifting the game to favor defenses.

Go Pats.
    1) No coin flip. Just start playing a fifth quarter, sudden death.

2) No coin flip. Have a 5th quarter face off/scrum where a ball is dropped from a drone 100 feet above center field.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Chiefs blew the game with that neutral zone offsides on the interception play.
    Not to mention a missed a wide open td pass by Mahomes and the defense letting the Pats drive almost the full length of the field 3 times.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    the Rams... are the future of the league as far as playing style goes.
    Never heard that before every style is “the future” until the league figures out how to negate it, which never takes too long. The pats/kc was a great example of coaching negating talent. KC is a much more skilled team. Brady is the GOAT in my opinion but holy hell is mahomes talented. Will he be able to replicate it next season? I think it’s unlikely as more and more tape is accumulated and teams start to copy effective methods of stopping him. The pats negated him and the entire kc offence for an entire half until the pure talent disparity finally showed through. Better teams than the pats will use that as a template in future to slow him down/stop him. Same thing for the rams style, in my opinion.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Goff is going to be better than Mahomes IMO. Mahomes is crazy talented, but he just throws the ball up for grabs late in the game. Goff is much more polished. Maybe Mahomes can reel it in a bit as he matures.

Overtime format is better for the regular season, but a 10 minute full quarter for playoffs would be better and more exciting.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    Not to mention a missed a wide open td pass by Mahomes and the defense letting the Pats drive almost the full length of the field 3 times.
    They also had a 4th down stuff, and a red zone pick. Not to mention a turnover negated by a defensive holding call for the sort of contact that went uncalled for most of the game (especially Berry's frequent mugging of Gronk). Pats dominated both sides of the ball. Chiefs made some key plays to stay in the game.

Also I would take Mahomes over Goff for sure.

Goff is going to be better than Mahomes IMO. Mahomes is crazy talented, but he just throws the ball up for grabs late in the game. Goff is much more polished. Maybe Mahomes can reel it in a bit as he matures.
    I don't know man. Other than not going to the super bowl, Chiefs had a better offensive year without the league's best running back, lower ranked D and lower ranked O-Line. It would be interesting to see Goff and Mahomes trade teams.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    Yeah, it seems to make so much sense. If a team scores on the first drive of OT then the other team gets a chance.
    I used to think this, and I kinda like the college system, but the reality is it’s a team sport and so the defense has to step up as well.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I used to think this, and I kinda like the college system, but the reality is it’s a team sport and so the defense has to step up as well.
    Problem is the rules favor offense. Look at the last four teams standing.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I don't know man. Other than not going to the super bowl, Chiefs had a better offensive year without the league's best running back, lower ranked D and lower ranked O-Line. It would be interesting to see Goff and Mahomes trade teams.
    Yeah. That would be interesting for sure. I just think the days of the true gunslingers are over, and Mahomes seems like a Brett Favre type to me. Could be proved wrong next years, but I watched him throw a lot of balls deep into double or triple coverage late in games. I don't think that's a winning strategy

^^^^ Some of the credit for that should go to the Pats' D. And blame should go to the Chief's O line and receivers. Folks like to think the Pats are a bend-but-don't-break team, but they did the opposite in this game, playing a lot of press man (and damn well) and generating consistent pressure on Mahomes with blitzing linebackers.

Chiefs had a bunch of big plays, and Mahomes missed a view others, but there were plenty of play where he had guys in his face and no one to throw too. When the defense comes after you need to take your shots, and the receivers need to get open quickly. They didn't. Pats won their matchups consistently especially against Kelce and Hill who combined for 4 catches and 65 yds.

Meanwhile the Pats' O line was masterful. I think they pull it off yet again in two week, as they've completely dominated two excellent D lines the last couple weeks. They've had some issues with penalties on the road, otherwise this might be the best set of blockers Brady has had, with much improvement throughout the season. I worry about the Rams rushing game though. Gurley's health is a big deal.

Yeah. That would be interesting for sure. I just think the days of the true gunslingers are over, and Mahomes seems like a Brett Favre type to me. Could be proved wrong next years, but I watched him throw a lot of balls deep into double or triple coverage late in games. I don't think that's a winning strategy
    A winning strategy would be to be up and running out the clock vs two minute drills to not lose. Check passes don't work when you need 70 yards in a minute with no time outs. And maybe Reid could win a challenge once in awhile to help the cause.

The days of gunslinging are not over. Look at what Brady did in the last few minutes of last night. Third and 10 how many times to convert and win the game? OT was a march too. I really don't like Brady and the Pats but that was some masterful shit. Not sure another team could do what they did last night-Brady jump ball to Gronk, Brady laser to Hogan, Brady rope to Edelman... first half dime to Dorsett. He was slinging.

When the Chiefs were trying to score quick for their go ahead TD after the interference call, I kept thinking they needed to slow down and burn up the clock vs leaving Brady with 2 minutes or so. All of their passing plays seemed to be going for longer gains vs chipping away and quicker, shorter throws or runs.

You have to give props to the Pats and Brady changing plays at the line and the team executing on D & O.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Pats ran the ball 47 times and passes 46. They had zero negative plays. That is nuts. Most offensive snaps since 2001.

When the Chiefs were trying to score quick for their go ahead TD after the interference call, I kept thinking they needed to slow down and burn up the clock vs leaving Brady with 2 minutes or so. All of their passing plays seemed to be going for longer gains vs chipping away and quicker, shorter throws or runs.

You have to give props to the Pats and Brady changing plays at the line and the team executing on D & O.
    Every time we played Manning that was the scenario. Don't give him any time to came back and score because he will.

Two minute stats on Brady and Manning must be pretty impressive. The running flashy broken play QB's are fun to watch, but the pocket QB/offensive coordinator on the field will win in the end.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 12.59.00 PM.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	222.1 KB 
ID:	265724

chiefs also tied it with that last field goal after that gift of pass interference by the patriots defender that got them into FG range. I realize both sides had calls that were not definitive like roughing brady's shoulder; but I've heard that brady was outplayed by the majority on sports channels today; that is not even close. mahomes was shut out in the 1st half and got that defensive hold to help out going down to tie it up and brady was making the 3 and 10s in the 4th and in ot. I know the future is mahomes but there was no draw sunday, brady was clearly better.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

^^^^ Don't forget the no-call on this blatant offensive pass interference:

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1087177623858364416

Meanwhile the Pats' O line was masterful. I think they pull it off yet again in two week, as they've completely dominated two excellent D lines the last couple weeks. They've had some issues with penalties on the road, otherwise this might be the best set of blockers Brady has had, with much improvement throughout the season. I worry about the Rams rushing game though. Gurley's health is a big deal.
    Agreed. I knew KC was screwed when there was almost no pressure on Brady on the OT drive.

Didn't need a single timeout on that 2-minute drive either.

I watched the First Pats-Eagles Super Bowl in Japan. All breaks in action were eliminated. Whole game tool less than an hour. It was disorienting.

When the Chiefs were trying to score quick for their go ahead TD after the interference call, I kept thinking they needed to slow down and burn up the clock
    As was everyone who was not a Pats fan.

I'm sure every D player on the Chiefs thought, "oh shit" when they saw 3+ mins on the clock.

NFL needs to shift rules back to favor DB's. Current rules make the game all about offense. They need to undo the Polian "stop Ty Law from beating the shit out of Marvin Harrison" memo. Teams with a great D should have a chance to win.
    I agree with this (but then I'd love a 3-0 game played between the 40's so am probably in the minority). You're either open or you're covered. No, you can't take out the receiver ages before the ball arrives like the non call in the Saints game but if the DB is tight enough you're not open enough; and as long as he doesn't tackle you it's game on. Receivers are too good these days. Let them make the catch through greater adversity and cut out the majority of PI calls. I think it would make for a more entertaining game. Who knows, maybe that would make it even harder to officiate. I dunno, I just know OPI ruins games even if it is technically OPI by the rules. Get more open. Jump higher. Make an even greater one handed grab.

Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Moss-Back View Post
    I can't really imagine a less-compelling SB matchup than Rams v. Pats.
    I hate the Pats. They ruin football they are so good. I thought same yesterday too and now hoping Rams can make it a game and maybe even win it.

Goff thanked a lot of people (including god as any nfl player never fails to do. Is there even one atheist in the NFL?). It would have been cool if he thanked the refs: just said fuck it and was honest about who really won that game for them. He'd have been remembered forever instead of the forgotten qb of SB 53 as the Pats will make him in 2 weeks. I sure hope I'm wrong like usual.

edit to add, Goff has the personality of a stump. No offence to Goff, but maybe more reason to just stop sticking the mic in the face of athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    chiefs also tied it with that last field goal after that gift of pass interference by the patriots defender that got them into FG range.
    That was right call. Can’t ride and paw the guy.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums